It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Church Shooting : Thread

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
a reply to: ketsuko

I see, not a big facebook user myself.

I'm not either. He keeps our social Rolodex there. Keeps up with college pals and the like. I email the ones I care about.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: infolurker

That can be deceiving. Husband has liked atheist groups in the past because it disturbs him how much they get Christianity wrong, so he will engage with them, not in a judgmental "Y'all are going to Hell way, but in a no, that's not entirely accurate, let me explain way" until they block him. So if you look at his page, he'll often have one or more atheist groups up there too.

But this is LinkedIn. You don't even come out as anything political if you know what's good for you.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
If we keep going like this, they’ll be no country worth giving rights to

Folks will be afraid to go anywhere.

Think about it

A music festival, a bike path now a church. A 14-year-old girl, the pastors own daughter, a victim.

Where are her rights ?

Im not talking a debate about rights, I’m talking about coming together as a nation and trying to solve this

I know it won’t happen, because people have their own agendas.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I would imagine the authorities are tracking down who sold him the rifle or lent it to him. Someone is in for a grilling.

link   
a reply to: Willtell

How do you solve a lack of respect for life?

Mental illness is a serious issue that we simply gloss over entirely.

We care more about political leanings.

Regardless, mentally ill people like this and others in recent years have latched on to one political ideology or another. It doesn't seem to matter what it is.

Which tells me that our society would rather get into a political fight than address the real issue.
edit on 5 11 17 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

link   

Nah ,we'll just start wearing sidearms like any war zone.
Dunno what the Hopliphobes will do...
edit on 5-11-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

He was in from 2010-2014. You don't stay an E1 for 4 years. He was likely reduced in rank to E1 when he was discharged. He had to have been higher rank than that at some point.

E1 after 4 years is like a dishonorable discharge....

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Think about it

A music festival, a bike path now a church. A 14-year-old girl, the pastors own daughter, a victim.

Where are her rights ?

Im not talking a debate about rights, I’m talking about coming together as a nation and trying to solve this

Open carry for those that pass qualification, then always carry and lots of carriers.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Dunno what the Hopliphobes will do.

Sure we do.

For over 80 years they been running around like a bunch of wannabe Wyatt Earps denying peoples civil liberties selling the sheep a false sense of security.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Think about it

Where are her rights ?

Folks aren't going to go anywhere either way. Shopping is done online, for food, clothes, etc... Kids are either on computers or consoles. As soon as VR starts becoming more realistic and mainstream, that will be the last nail in the coffin. That being said, and politics aside, all states need to come together and solve this.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Important correction needed here. These rights arr NOT given by the government. Lets make that perfectly clear. As the Constitution clearly states, they are "self evident" and are an inherently right granted by the creator upon birth. The Constitution outlines what the government cannot do, and they cannot infringe upon that right.

The U.S. government does NOT grant us our rights, unlike in other countries around the world.

And yes, there are MANY here with their own agendas that equate to removal of those rights.

link   

Nah ,we'll just start wearing sidearms like any war zone.

It's our right, so why not?

I've been looking at pistols, and thinking of getting a CCW. Not because I'm scared of anything, but because if something happens and I need to protect people, better to have than not.

link   

Or ours don't come from each other and they don't come from the state.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us

originally posted by: Kettu
Anyone notice how small the actual parking lot is?

For 20+ people being dead and 20+ more wounded, there certainly doesn't seem to be 40-50+ people worth of actual cars there.

I see a TON of law enforcement vehicles. No tow trucks. Hardly any "other" vehicles.

If so many people were victims, where did their cars go?

Not unusual in Texas at all for bus runs for church goers, just like schools.

Nevermind...town of 400, many of the churchgoers probably walked...

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

How do you solve a lack of respect for life?

1. Start promoting the two parent family unit.
2. Re instituting corporal punishment in schools that teach respect for authority.

That's a start.

Old folks remember mass shootings were rare when people use to get the board in schools.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Dunno what the Hopliphobes will do.

Sure we do.

For over 80 years they been running around like a bunch of wannabe Wyatt Earps denying peoples civil liberties selling the sheep a false sense of security.

A disarmament followed by invitations to ISIS to move here from the ME. That smells like a culling of the sheep.

link   
So are we going with the mental illness/Prozac thing yet/again?

I had to step away from the tv/internet and take care of some real-life things. Last I heard it was some young white guy with a bunch of guns in full tactical gear.

link   
What about putting people back into looney bins? When I was young if you were looney you went to stay in a location for the mentally ill.

Maybe we need to start separating the mentally ill from our society again. Obviously we'd need to determine categories, but is this an option?

I think it'd work a lot better than just kicking people out the door with a bottle of pills.

Just brainstorming here.

I know there are extreme civil rights violations to that approach.

I don't know.

Maybe the church group counseled his wife/baby's momma to leave him recently. What could be the motive?

It clear the #er snapped.

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join