It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Church Shooting : Thread

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: neo96

According to gun control laws, and ATF form 4473 which has to be filled out for Firearm purchases.

Would have disqualified him for legally purchasing it.

www.atf.gov...

11g.

www.guntrustlawyer.com...

Wait gun control didn't work?

Authorities revealed that a heroic and unidentified citizen in the church “grabbed his rifle and confronted the suspect,” who was armed with a “Ruger AR assault type rifle.” The local citizen pursued the suspect, who ran off the road and crashed and was found deceased in his vehicle. “We don’t know if it was a self inflicted gunshot woundor if he was shot by our local resident who engaged him with gunfire,” authorities said. It was the largest mass shooting in Texas history.

heavy.com...

If that occurred.

That kind of gun control did work.

Whether the resident hit him or not, he at least caused the coward to flee. Either way, the armed resident was key to saving lives. The anti-gun crowd were excited as # initially that this was in Texas and there wasn't a report of an armed citizen responding before police got there. Looks like they celebrated too early.

The anti-gun crowd were excited as #?

Really now? People were celebrating?

Lol, never let a good tragedy go to waste.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu
Anyone notice how small the actual parking lot is?

For 20+ people being dead and 20+ more wounded, there certainly doesn't seem to be 40-50+ people worth of actual cars there.

I see a TON of law enforcement vehicles. No tow trucks. Hardly any "other" vehicles.

If so many people were victims, where did their cars go?

Not unusual in Texas at all for bus runs for church goers, just like schools.

link   
a reply to: crappiekat

I think it affects the type of gun you can own?

link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
Well this is pretty interesting.

What does that have to do with a mass shooting in Texas?

It says today they were supposed to do "outreach" to churches.

And that's proof that this shooting was carried out by these guidelines and the shooter is one of these mythical "Antifa supersoldiers?"

I'm not sure what the insinuation/connection is here.

It's not proof of anything of the sort, and I don't think the original poster nor I claimed that. He merely said it was interesting. I explained to clear up your confusion. Don't take that any further than that.

link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

We already know more about this guy in a few hours than we know about the vegas shooter.

link   
News is reporting he was dressed in all black with a tactical vest. (Dressed for his "outreach" efforts, I guess.)

edit on 5-11-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden

I'm not sure where you're getting that. You can't buy or own a gun at all as it is considered a felon in possession.
edit on 5 11 17 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

edit on 5 11 17 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

link   
The pieces seem to point to him being fatally wounded by the citizen who engaged him.

He drives off and crashes, dies. Local(s) at scene claim to not hear a gun shot.

link   

originally posted by: Tempter

originally posted by: thesaneone

originally posted by: Tempter

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

might want to try a little sensitivity.

I know I am just a few characters and a avatar on a computer screen to you but behind this screen is someone who could find the extremely hurtful.

Pardon me while I puke.

You insult law-abiding Americans daily. You are close-minded and arrogant with your hyperbolic rants against gun owners in America, not even attempting to comprehend the importance of the 2A to our citizens and the deep meaning behind this God-given right.

Owning a gun is not a "God-Given right"

In fact if there is a god I am pretty sure he would be a bit pissed of at you all right now over all this gun stuff.

Can you just shut your #ing mouth for five minutes you asshole?

My countrymen and Texas brothers and Sisters died today.

Shut your #ing mouth you little #ing prick!

Take a deep breath my man it's not worth the ban.

I'm emotional right now. These murders are taking a toll on this country.

I'm here to learn as much about this incident as I can.

I don't need some chinless wonder questioning our values and poking us in our tearful eyes!

I feel you brother, just don't let them do you like that.

link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Ok you are right I re-read it. No Guns.

My bad

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
STOP!

This sad county needs to stop everything, maybe tomorrow, and begin a national conversation about what is happening in America.

Civil liberties isn't up for debate.

So not only want to deny our second, and fourthteenth amendment rights.

but also the fifth.

The rights to trial by jury and crimes be proven in courts of law, AND trying people for the same supposed crime twice.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: Noinden

I'm not sure where you're getting that. You can buy or own a gun at all as it is considered a felon in possession.

ANY crime where a judge 'could' imprison a person for more than a year.

Doesn't have to be a felony.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

According to gun control laws, and ATF form 4473 which has to be filled out for Firearm purchases.

Would have disqualified him for legally purchasing it.

www.atf.gov...

11g.

Wait gun control didn't work?

Authorities revealed that a heroic and unidentified citizen in the church “grabbed his rifle and confronted the suspect,” who was armed with a “Ruger AR assault type rifle.” The local citizen pursued the suspect, who ran off the road and crashed and was found deceased in his vehicle. “We don’t know if it was a self inflicted gunshot woundor if he was shot by our local resident who engaged him with gunfire,” authorities said. It was the largest mass shooting in Texas history.

heavy.com...

If that occurred.

That kind of gun control did work.

Whether the resident hit him or not, he at least caused the coward to flee. Either way, the armed resident was key to saving lives. The anti-gun crowd were excited as # initially that this was in Texas and there wasn't a report of an armed citizen responding before police got there. Looks like they celebrated too early.

The anti-gun crowd were excited as #?

Really now? People were celebrating?

Lol, never let a good tragedy go to waste.

Yes, actually they were. They were all over Twitter and there were even a few asshole posters here gleefully busting balls about how a "good guy with a gun" wasn't able to stop the shooter in gun-central Texas. And they spoke too soon.

If you don't believe me, open your mind, go back to the beginning of the thread, and read.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

That can be deceiving. Husband has liked atheist groups in the past because it disturbs him how much they get Christianity wrong, so he will engage with them, not in a judgmental "Y'all are going to Hell way, but in a no, that's not entirely accurate, let me explain way" until they block him. So if you look at his page, he'll often have one or more atheist groups up there too.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc

We already know more about this guy in a few hours than we know about the vegas shooter.

That doesn't surprise me in the least. The Vegas scene was much more chaotic, and the shooter had virtually zero online presence. These days, if you've got 30 social media accounts it's pretty easy to find information out about you. Were you unaware of that or something?

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: infolurker

That can be deceiving. Husband has liked atheist groups in the past because it disturbs him how much they get Christianity wrong, so he will engage with them, not in a judgmental "Y'all are going to Hell way, but in a no, that's not entirely accurate, let me explain way" until they block him. So if you look at his page, he'll often have one or more atheist groups up there too.

God bless your husband for his patience.

link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Its like I have creationist, Alt-right and anti-vax groups I belong too on and off. TO engage. I'm not any of those.

In this case... time will tell.

link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I see, not a big facebook user myself.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Far more than I have. That's for sure.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc

Not surprising in my estimation as a 26 year old is going to have a more significant online presence than an 66 year old, usually.

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join