It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robert Mueller Has Enough Evidence to Charge Michael Flynn, NBC News Reports

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Well said! An abysmal waste. Sessions gets the blame.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

which is highly unethical.

But not illegal?

But sorry to burst your bubble, they've got nothing else on manafort. This was the wad and it's been shot. each bang from here out will be quieter than the last and this will all go down as one of the greatest and lamest political witch hunts in US history.

I disagree, but only time will tell who is correct. Neither of us have a time machine to go forward in time to where this concludes.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Please we've been talking about it for months. We knew where it was going.
You should watch Rachel Madow. She maintains a running tally of Russian connections and a whos who from Moscow to Cyprus. Corporations, oligarchs, government connections. It's all laid out right there and she has an amazing research team of her own.
The information you provided could have been obtained by anyone willing to research.
It won't do you any good to claim any inside connection. You'll just be drowned with appeals to prove it.
There's no cool kids table in the cafeteria here.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: introvert

a reply to: introvert

Surely, Mueller intends to use some of the evidence seized from Manafort's home in July?

And if Mueller began sharing evidence with Schneiderman in July and August, it stands to reason that Schneiderman may build a case using some of that evidence.

Of course, and he can share any evidence he collected, except for any evidence he was required to return because it was not part of the warrant/raid.

But it's possible that all of the evidence collected from Manafort's home could be suppressed...not just the attorney-client privilege stuff. That's what makes this mistake so interesting.

This is the case that was referred to in the other thread where we were discussing this, the other day:
U.S. v. Wey, U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, No. 15-cr-00611

And the feds have since dropped the charges. Wey walked away a free man because of a 'blanket suppression' that was coincidentally, just granted in June.

ETA: Of course, it all really depends on what exactly happened when that material was unlawfully seized and how quickly it was returned, etc. Still, it could prove to be a major error.

I don't think, as far as I know, this case is applicable. Mueller did not appear to have a "blanket" warrant that allowed him to seize anything and everything he wanted. It seems to have been specific and the one piece of information that was swept up in that raid that was not covered was returned.

Again, there should not be any problems as long as no part of their case is based on that one piece of information or evidence.

We shall see.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

I missed something, what is this supposedly illegally obtained evidence?

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
I don't know that phrase. References in the urban dictionary are ummm off the mark. Especially for me.

Sock = sock puppet = fake account.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

If the defense knows about the evidence and can prove that the prosecution knows about it and withheld it, it is illegal. But if the defense doesn't find out about it until later, the standard changes and it falls into the unethical territory. Mueller's team could face disbarment either way. I don't think they'd do that, but Weissman has done it before.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

The information you provided could have been obtained by anyone willing to research.

Show me the source that I could have gotten this information from on oct 16 and I'll concede to your skepticism of my source. Until then, you can take your skepticism and properly label it: DENIAL.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Trump can't make the DA or DOJ bring charges against anyone. He's not the king. He can't just say investigate him investigate her . He simply cannot do that.

I missed it ...why would the N.Y. DA have to recuse himself?

Take a look at the model the FBI uses for mob related cases. They always start from the outside and work their way in. And they play close to the vest. I doubt that Mueller is compromised in any way. The job in front of him his monumental. He has to convince everyone on both sides that his findings are accurate and the truth is nonpartisan.
I don't envy him or his family.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

It wasn't a 'blanket warrant,' like I think you are suggesting. There were limits. You can find the judge's opinion and order here: Link

It describes the scope of the warrants based on the affidavits that supported them.

In Manafort's case, his attorneys actually warned the feds that there were materials protected by attorney-client privilege. That's not the case for Wey. The feds just seized stuff outside of the scope of the warrant.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Yes, he can do that. They all work for him. Much like how obama said "don't bring charges against hillary" and they didn't.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Maybe you should get out once in a while huh? Pubs and bars are more than a place to get drunk. You can do that alone actually. They are a place to socialize and have fun. Play darts and pinball machines, dance. Meet people or gather with friends. Really not a den of iniquity.
edit on 1162017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

a reply to: MotherMayEye

I missed something, what is this supposedly illegally obtained evidence?

Apparently, the feds seized items protected by attorney-client privilege when they searched Manafort's home in July. It's been reported that they were informed of the material, by Manafort's attorneys, and that the materials were returned at some point before September 5.

Depending on how it all went down (ie. did the feds take great care to avoid seizing such material, etc.), either it was an innocent & non-consequential error OR a serious violation of Manafort's Fourth Amendment Rights that could lead to suppression of evidence. And if the evidence was passed on to Schneiderman to help build a state case out of NY, then it could potentially taint that case, too.

We are just speculating about it. Obviously, the answers remain to be seen.

edit on 11/6/2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Pinball machines!!!!??? And you say they're not a den of iniquity... lol

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Trump can't make the DA or DOJ bring charges against anyone. He's not the king. He can't just say investigate him investigate her . He simply cannot do that.

He can easily appoint someone
who would be favorable to him with tacit agreements. Presidents push their agendas via their cabinet appointments.

I missed it ...why would the N.Y. DA have to recuse himself?

For personally engaging with Trump regularly via Twitter. A DA should remain impartial.

Take a look at the model the FBI uses for mob related cases. They always start from the outside and work their way in. And they play close to the vest. I doubt that Mueller is compromised in any way. The job in front of him his monumental. He has to convince everyone on both sides that his findings are accurate and the truth is nonpartisan.
I don't envy him or his family.

They also don't arraign people in those cases, they try to flip them and turn state's evidence. Manafort already plead not guilty.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Oh he wants to. The sensible people that are left are advising him that he'd better not. Not if he doesn't want the whole thing to come crashing down. I'm kind of wishing he would because that would be very interesting. I'm wondering what the American people will say if he fires a second person investigating him. They will be protesting to their congressmen in person, by mail, by email, by phone. They will threaten to get them impeached at the state level. It will be a constitutional crisis. I somehow don't believe that trump has the balls for it.
Can you say Watergate?

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

In Manafort's case, his attorneys actually warned the feds that there were materials protected by attorney-client privilege. That's not the case for Wey. The feds just seized stuff outside of the scope of the warrant.

If this is the case, then any first-year law student could get that evidence thrown out due to Fourth Ammendment violations.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

If this is the case, then any first-year law student could get that evidence thrown out due to Fourth Ammendment violations.

Bear in mind that so much of the info comes from 'sources close to the investigation.'

ETA: Also, what Introvert and I are discussing is a case, from June, where a federal judge threw out ALL the evidence seized during an illegal search and seizure (material that was outside the scope of the warrant was seized).

But all of the evidence from that seizure was suppressed...even the stuff that was covered by the warrant. The feds have since been forced to drop the charges in that case.
edit on 11/6/2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Yummm.
I have some seedy whole grain bread to toast. Seedy like the company he keeps.
And homemade marmalade sweetened with clover honey from a local hive. It will be rich...

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Yummm.
I have some seedy whole grain bread to toast. Seedy like the company he keeps.
And homemade marmalade sweetened with clover honey from a local hive. It will be rich...

Excellent (said in Mr Burns voice).

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join