It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Boundaries of Knowledge.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I suppose if a ship had not changed in 500 years then you could safely say it is at its limit.

I think there is a great flurry of dicovery and gaining of knowledge where a race learns most of what can be learned. The rest is so difficult it may take millions of years to discover. Obviously the aliens haven't evolved into light. They still have bodies and need ships

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 12:20 AM
link   
maybe they cant because it cannot be done

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 03:00 AM
link   
knowledge is not the storage of trivia

trivia is infinite

even after you know everything, learn it in a different language, then make up a new language, rinse and repeat as needed

that really is a frivilous example, regardless

youre leaving out a key word:

understand

knowledge is a side-effect of our attempts to understand. the main questions are still why am i here, what will happen when im gone. technology is just a side-effect of our pursuit of those questions. man could be happy sitting around the fire with women and good food, thats it. all this technology is a bad distraction of our personal computing power. questions came from within, why not start looking there first. technology, like trivia, is also infinite. granted we dont destroy ourselves in the process, anything we can fathom can be developed in due time. no disrespect to some of the greatest minds to ever be and have been, but we cant even fully describe the forces around us, let alone manipulate them. we are seeing technology in its infancy, as just now we are able to store the trivia effectively.

I WONT NEED NO DAMN SPACESHIP

spelling/grammer is for the birds

<< 1   >>

join