It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alec Baldwin Melts Down on Twitter After Weinstein Comments, Blocks Asia Argento

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   

It all began yesterday, when the 30 Rock actor sat down for an interview with PBS Newshour to discuss the mounting sexual assault allegations against movie mogul Harvey Weinstein and Baldwin’s good pal, James Toback.

“You heard the rumor that [Weinstein] raped Rose McGowan. You heard that over and over, and nothing was done. We’ve heard that for decades and nothing was done,” said Baldwin. When the interviewer said “well nobody said anything,” Baldwin replied, “Well but what happened was Rose McGowan took a payment of $100,000 and settled her case with him. It was for Rose McGowan to prosecute that case.”

Baldwin has made several films with Toback, including the 2013 HBO documentary-satire Seduced and Abandoned [with Roman Polanski]

Alec Baldwin Melts Down on Twitter After Weinstein Comments, Blocks Asia Argento

To start, I don’t speak “twitter” so much of the article is clicks and whistles...

But I was able to glean liberal icon Alec Baldwin is in hot water with everyone this morning...

Victim shaming, name calling and sexual predation defense....
Yep, that’s the playbook...minus race baiting and gun control he hit all h high points....but I think everyone on his twitter rant is white and none have guns so it was hard to shoehorn in those topics...

Anyhow, if you find yourself defending a satire film about banging chicks in Hollywood with Roman Polanski and now-disgraced James Toback then you have hit rock bottom...

Rock bottom for Baldwin is an ever moving target...calling your daughter a “little piggy” and chastising her for not calling you back because of how important you are would be rock bottom for most...but not Alec...he is an alpha loser...

Congrats to all the predator-defending elitists and here’s hoping Harvey Weinstein’s NRA investigation goes as well as OJ’s personal hunt for Nicole Brown and Ronald Goodman’s killer...

Take a bow Alec....you’ve earned it...

-Chris
edit on 5-11-2017 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Not that I'm trying to defend any of the scum, but where exactly in your thread are you concluding that Baldwin is defending Weinstein?

An he called out McGowan for accepting cash and now wanting to prosecute - calling out her hypocrisy.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Not that I'm trying to defend any of the scum, but where exactly in your thread are you concluding that Baldwin is defending Weinstein?

An he called out McGowan for accepting cash and now wanting to prosecute - calling out her hypocrisy.

Not that I’m trying to defend [proceeds to defend]

Stay classy ConstructionOfLight...

Don’t you have a rally this weekend?

-Chris

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

You do bring up a valid point.

It was her case to prosecute. It really does suck that she took hush money. If she really was out to protect other women. She should have taken him to court. Many other women would of not have had to endure this vile jerks advances had the word gotten out sooner.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Uh, I don't see the fuss either. What he said isn't really victim blaming, she did take a 100k settlement to buy her quiet. She probably felt she had no choice about that, but it is what it is.

And the rest of it is just Twitter hysterics, because that's what Twitter does.

Are the Alt-right gunning for Baldwin because he mocks The Beloved Leader or something?

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
KTA

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Way to deflect - answer the question - where have you shown that Baldwin is defending Weinstein? Should this be in the LOL forum?

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Me thinks Baldwin 'Doth Protest too Much'.

He afraid his closet will be opened?

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Twitter just seems like a school yard for mildly intelligent 7 year old's.. People would do best to submit evidence and accusations to Police then keep quite until after the investigation. How will you ever find a jury that has not been influenced?, import them from the Amazon rain forest???....

Honestly social f#cking media, this year alone has told me enough that I am on the right track taking myself totally out of society, no BS friends, certainly not speaking to any female work colleagues unless in ear shot of at least 2 other people and strictly no socializing unless a solicitor is present..

Since all the dirty laundry seems to be coming out now I would expect half of Hollywood to see jail time, of course that will not happen, what a absolute cluster f#ck it is all turning into..

RA

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   

de·fend
dəˈfend/Submit
verb
1) resist an attack made on (someone or something); protect from harm or danger
2) speak or write in favor of (an action or person)
3) attempt to justify.
synonyms: justify, vindicate, argue for, support, make a case for, plead for;

You defend the perverse...but I don’t blame you...
Because you are no more aware of your bereft morality than a fish is aware of the water...

-Chris

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
THIS WAS A DOUBLE POST...
In reading it again, maybe you will understand what you are doing...
If you need help defining any of the synonyms, let me know..

-Chris
edit on 5-11-2017 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone

de·fend
dəˈfend/Submit
verb
3) attempt to justify.

Because you are no more aware of your bereft morality than a fish is aware of the water...

-Chris

Fish are definitely aware that they're in water, lol

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: Christosterone

de·fend
dəˈfend/Submit
verb
3) attempt to justify.

-Chris

Fish are definitely aware that they're in water, lol

Not true.
Fish brain wave patterns suggest they are aware only when out of the water...
Please don’t make me explain EEG reading

-Chris

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Baldwin is a dirt bag. He has even admitted to being sexist and bulling women. Now he wants to change the culture that he knew existed for years and was probably a part of. How much damage could he have prevented if he would of came out with this crap years ago.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Well you can't deny that he has a point and more recently when she was talking about speaking about the rape she was offered more money (A million I think is the number she said) and she countered for six million claiming she could've gotten him to about three but then changed her mind. We can all say that she was in a time in her career that she wouldn't have been listened to, that she would've been treated like scum but that's not the complete point, anyone woman who is raped knows they can go to the police, no the cops aren't always perfect and may not have done anything but it would've been on record and the same goes for all ALL the other women who let it happen so they could have a career in Hollywood and I'm most importantly talking about those women who are now major faces in Hollywood and powerful ones at that and claim that it happened within the last decade and a half (Jolie claims it happened fifteen years ago roughly) and said nothing.

I also blame those who knew about it and did nothing. I'm the same with the Jimmy Savile case over here in the UK, where politicians and celebs kept silent because they knew it would damage their career (A career created off the backs of abused children in my opinion). Even the woman who created Childline knew about it and decided to say nothing (check Youtube, can't do links).

These scumbag abusers need to be locked up in the deepest darkest hole but those who knew about it and said nothing should have some blame resting on their heads. More is going to come out and one last thing can we get an award or some sort of apology sent Corey Fieldmans way? I mean the bloke has been slated and dragged through the mud for decades over the pedos in Hollywood and now it seems he wasn't lying.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I would have preferred McGowan file a report at the time of the incident but she was young (23 at the time I believe) and I'm not going to question her actions now. Young women in Hollywood can be naïve and probably have very little support system. Alec Baldwin claims he had heard the rumors for decades. Why wouldn't he or some of these other actors go to alleged victims and offer support instead of waiting decades? You know many of them could have gone to Rose years ago and helped her or offered to help find others who could back up her claim. Because all of them knew they would lose their gravy train, that's why. They all value their money and careers over their supposed moral outrage.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Let's be honest here.
If rose had pressed charges, she would have likely never have worked in hollywood again.
I can't imagine how many men in positions of great influence have gotten away with this very thing for years.

Ask Monica Lewinsky how easy it was to find a job after her bill clinton scandal.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
So your saying you got triggered again and you had to make up a story to make the left look bad.

Got cha.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

“You heard the rumor that [Weinstein] raped Rose McGowan. You heard that over and over, and nothing was done. We’ve heard that for decades and nothing was done,” said Baldwin. When the interviewer said “well nobody said anything,” Baldwin replied, “Well but what happened was Rose McGowan took a payment of $100,000 and settled her case with him. It was for Rose McGowan to prosecute that case.”

The above is only part of what he said:

He added, "When women take money, and are silenced by that money – even though they took the money and were silenced because they were told beyond the money it was the right thing for them to do, keep quiet, don't make too many waves, it's going to hurt your career — when they do it, nonetheless, does it set back the course of change? That's an issue, I think."

He sort of have a point, though, does he not?

Women are coerced into accepting hush money instead of going forward, and it DOES set back the course of change. That is not victim shaming, that is an actual issue that he is verbalising.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join