It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi King Arrests Billionaire Prince Bin Talal, Dozens Of Others In Cabinet Crackdown

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I do not hate the US people - what I do despise is their ignorance as to the unearned privilege they enjoy through the petrodollar and at the point of a gun invasion of Nation States in the name of spreading freedom, when its all about resources.

The United States can no longer afford to waste money trying to seize resources it does not need. Saudi Arabia is a good example of the way the United States has overlooked human rights and democracy issues in states that it allies with out of expedience. Fortunately, Saudi Arabia has been taking moderate steps towards social evolution. Still not crazy about their taking sides in Yemen....
edit on 6-11-2017 by DJW001 because: Edit too correct autocorrect. --DJW001

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: blackadder01
a reply to: DJW001

How is the Saudi's having shares in FOX News a good investment for America? Im talking buying up lands, and Media, that would go along with the Chinese buying up our Land as well. Those Investments are what i'm talking about.

We've survived a long time as a Nation without Saudi paws in our lives., in the areas I just mentioned. Or did your forefathers die for naught?

You don't have to watch Fox News if you don't like Arabs, just like you don't have to read the New York Times if you don't like the people who own it. The First Amendment allows anyone to spread what they consider news, and it is up to you to decided whether or not to believe them.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: ChadeS

They seem to temporarily reduce benefits every time oil prices are in a slump. And lately, they've been reducing other things to get costs down.

In the last year or so, they switched their business calendar over to the Gregorian calendar. Even though a lot of people here thought they were doing it to modernize, they were really doing it as a cost cutting measure since the Islamic calendar has 10 fewer days. That means that salaried workers would get paid the same for 365 days as they previously had for 354-355 days. And monthly benefits would get paid every 30 or 31 days instead of every 29 or 30 days, though I'm not sure if that affected the monthly payments going to the princes that I listed above. (The official and social calendars are still based on the Islamic calendar, though.)

I am reposting this so that it is not buried among attempts to tie this in with American partisan politics. Thank you for sharing your insights into what is really going on in the Muslim world. It is a refreshing breath of air on ATS.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I just posted this in another thread on this topic, but Prince bin Talal has just been released.

Saudi Arabian billionaire Prince Alwaleed bin Talal released after Ritz Carlton 'prison' video

Here's a Reuter's article if the above Telegraph article is behind a paywall.
Saudi billionaire Prince Alwaleed released as corruption probe winds down

And here's an Al-jazeera clip that shows a small portion of his interview with Reuters.

I guess I'll have to start looking for info on the other detained princes.
edit on 27-1-2018 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join