It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi King Arrests Billionaire Prince Bin Talal, Dozens Of Others In Cabinet Crackdown

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 05:26 AM
link   
The Saudi purge:

www.zerohedge.com...

In a shocking development, Saudi press Al Mayadeen reported late on Saturday that prominent billionaire, member of the royal Saudi family, and one of the biggest shareholders of Citi, News Corp. and Twitter - not to mention frequent CNBC guest - Al-Waleed bin Talal, along with ten senior princes, and some 38 ministers, has been arrested for corruption and money laundering charges on orders from the new anti-corruption committee headed by Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, while Royal princes’ private planes have been grounded.

Wow, a total of 11 princes & around 30 ministers arrested on corruption charges.

To summarise today's even more bizarre Saudi news day:

Trump urges Aramco IPO
Lebanon PM resigns
Saudis intercept missile
Major cabinet reshuffle; 3 Saudi princes - who run the anti-graft committee - arrested for money-laundering
A total of 11 princes, >30 ministers arrested on corruption

I'm wondering if this could have anything to do with Kushner took unannounced trip to Saudi Arabia.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Speculation on Mohammad bin Salman Wikipedia page:

en.m.wikipedia.org...

On 4 November 2017, the Saudi press announced the arrest of the Saudi prince and billionaire Al-Waleed bin Talal, a frequent English-language news commentator and a major shareholder in Citi, News Corp and Twitter, as well as over 40 princes and government ministers at the behest of the Crown Prince on corruption and money laundering charges.[54][55]

Others arrested or fired in the purge included Mutaib bin Abdullah, head of the Saudi Arabian National Guard, Adel Fakeih, the Minister of Economy and Planning,and the Commander of the Saudi Naval Forces, Admiral Abdullah bin Sultan bin Mohammed Al-Sultan.[54]

The New York Times wrote, "The sweeping campaign of arrests appears to be the latest move to consolidate the power of Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, the favorite son and top adviser of King Salman. The king had decreed the creation of a powerful new anticorruption committee, headed by the crown prince, only hours before the committee ordered the arrests."[56] Writing for the Huffington Post, University of Delaware professor of Islam and Global Affairs, Muqtedar Khan, speculated as to whether the removal of the President Trump-critic Talal amounted to a coup.[57] The BBC said that their "correspondent Frank Gardner says Prince Mohammed is moving to consolidate his growing power while spearheading a reform programme". yet "t is not clear what those detained are suspected of." [58]

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I wonder where the rabbit hole ends,waiting for peer reviewed member research. .

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamonlyhuman

I also read that one of the princes that was arrested is an owner of the Four Seasons at Mandalay Bay. If I find that link again I'll post it here.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Prince Bin Talal's twitter is buzzing...

Interesting items:

Jubal E. Harshaw‏ @alimhaider 13h13 hours ago
More
Does that mean the Clinton Foundation gets no more tens of millions of $$ from Prince Alwaleed bin Talal?

Trump vs. Globalism‏ @chrisk2000 14h14 hours ago
More
The Saudi prince who called Trump a "disgrace" has been arrested!

Nardeep Pujji‏ @AWAKEALERT 1h1 hour ago
More
#BreakingNews
Twitter's 2nd largest shareholder Billionaire Saudi Prince Al-Waleed Bin Talal arrested in crackdown.

VictoryOfTheLight‏ @KibBitzLaw 12h12 hours ago
More
HOLY S**T! SAUDI ARABIA’S KING ARRESTED PRINCE BIN TALAL! THIS IS THE GUY WHO OWNS THE FOUR SEASONS WITHIN MANDALAY BAY!

Girl ♥️Bot‏ @eissolomon11 10h10 hours ago
More
Saudi Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal,
#AlWaleed is also Clinton’s #1 top Donor

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Tekaran

Yes, he & Bill Gates.

[url]https://www.forbes.com/sites/kerryadolan/2012/05/01/saudi-billionaire-alwaleed-sells-yet-another-hotel-the-four-seasons-toronto/#3f065c1c24b6[/ur l]

Kingdom Holding Co. holds a 47.5% stake in the Four Seasons hotels management company; Bill Gates also holds a 47.5% stake through his Cascade investment firm. The remaining 5% of the Four Seasons management company is owned by Isadore Sharp. Alwaleed and Bill Gates acquired the Four Seasons in a US$ 3.8 billion deal in 2007.

edit on 5/11/2017 by Iamonlyhuman because: Sorry, can't get the link to paste correctly.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Makes sense, Gates is a Da Vinci fan SO wouldn't have much use for the top floors in Vegas.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Lebanese prime minister resigns in surprise move

BEIRUT — Lebanese prime minister Saad Hariri resigned from his post Saturday during a trip to Saudi Arabia in a surprise move that plunged the country into uncertainty amid heightened regional tensions.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   

So the absolute ruler of Saudi Arabia is cracking down on Trump critics? I guess a king can do that. But why?
edit on 5-11-2017 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   
1. There's a lot more info in the following thread:
Billionaire Saudi Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal arrested in corruption crackdown: Reports

2. I'll add another link and some more info just for kicks. One of the biggest yet overlooked revelations with this situation is that the crackdown also saw the removal of Prince Miteb from his previous post of Minister of the National Guard. It, along with the creation of the new anti-corruption committee, have consolidated the current Crown Prince's power of the Saudi security apparatus.

The cabinet reshuffle saw Prince Miteb bin Abdullah replaced as minister of the national guard by Khaled bin Ayyaf, while economy minister Adel Fakieh was removed in favour of his deputy Mohammed al-Tuwaijri, according to a royal decree carried by state-run media.

Prince Miteb, the preferred son of the late King Abdullah, was once thought to be a leading contender for the throne before the unexpected rise of Prince Mohammed two years ago.

He had inherited control of the national guard, an elite internal security force built out of traditional tribal units, from his father, who ran it for five decades.

Prince Miteb was the last remaining member of Abdullah’s branch of the family to hold a position in the upper echelons of the Saudi power structure.

The move consolidates Prince Mohammed’s control of the kingdom’s security institutions, which had long been headed by separate powerful branches of the ruling family.

Saudi king sacks top ministers and gives more power to crown prince

3. There's one more juicy bit of info surrounding this, but I don't know if this is the thread to mention it. Either way, yesterday the current Prime minister of Lebanon (Saad Hariri) resigned from his position while in Saudi Arabia!

For those who don't know, the Hariri's are a billionaire Sunni family that is close to the Saudi royals and was reportedly behind many of the initial anti-Assad protests in Syria. Forces close to Assad were believed to be behind the assassination of the Hariri family's patriarch in 2005 (he was Lebanon's previous Prime Minister), and this is part of the root of their feud. However, the Hariri's firm in Saudi Arabia was facing bankruptcy last year and the Saudi's had to pay some of the costs for their unpaid workers. So maybe some debts are being called in?

Man, I wish I could get more insider info right now.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Meh. Hes clearing house of all the people raising questions about the ongoing war with Yemen since the ballistic missile attack on Riyadh yesterday.

But making it look like a purge for money laundering. Money Laundering, really? Thats like handing out speeding tickets at the Indy 500.

From here it might seem not that big a deal... Riyadh attacked for the first time by Yemen from the sky is Comparable to the first time the Nazi Reich bombed London or the first time the Allies bombed Berlin during WWII.

edit on 5-11-2017 by intrptr because: additionall

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Why is there so much foreign interest invested in our Country from the Sauds? It would seem like from what i'm getting that a silent take over of the Media and other vested interests is or has, been an ongoing thing since I can't say. A long time from the looks of it. I just hope The President Trump puts an end to some of it, if not all of it. It's My Country and I want it back.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: blackadder01

Why is there so much foreign interest invested in our Country from the Sauds?

Is this a serious question or a rhetorical question?

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I have no interest in impressing you son.

(post by CB328 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: blackadder01

Huh? What are you talking about? I was being serious. If you were asking seriously, I would've told you why. But if it was a rhetorical question, I'll just ignore your post.

And I'm not your "son" lol. I only have one dad and he sure isn't on ATS. to my knowledge. that would be really weird if he was.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Thanks answered just like a wayward Son would.
edit on 5-11-2017 by blackadder01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: blackadder01
Why is there so much foreign interest invested in our Country from the Sauds? It would seem like from what i'm getting that a silent take over of the Media and other vested interests is or has, been an ongoing thing since I can't say. A long time from the looks of it. I just hope The President Trump puts an end to some of it, if not all of it. It's My Country and I want it back.

The United States has the largest economy in the world, and the Saudis have a great deal of cash. You had better hope that Trump does not put a stop to foreign investment; if he does, the economy will tank. As for the media, as much as Trump hates the First Amendment, there is nothing he can do about it. Fortunately, the First Amendment guarantees that you have hour choice of news sources.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   
This does look like it could be somehow related to Trump. IF true Americans should be very scared, this could be a prelude to some kind of crackdown on freedom here, or another Saudi run 9-11 to give Trump power?

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

How is the Saudi's having shares in FOX News a good investment for America? Im talking buying up lands, and Media, that would go along with the Chinese buying up our Land as well. Those Investments are what i'm talking about.

We've survived a long time as a Nation without Saudi paws in our lives., in the areas I just mentioned. Or did your forefathers die for naught?
edit on 5-11-2017 by blackadder01 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join