It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump wins visas to hire 70 foreign workers at Mar-a-Lago

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7

Are all of the people in the local area not able to pass a drug test? Not capable of showing up to work.. don't have transportation.. maybe they expect to get paid $30 an hour to wash dishes?

From the Link

Local employment companies state they have plenty of experienced employees to send over for interviews but they are never contacted by Mar-a-Lago.

Trump Admin increased the number of H2B three year visas from 60,000 to 75,000. That's 225,000 H2B visas workers in the US at any point in time.

What this does is subvert capitalism in favor of slave labor for the business class.
If market forces dictate 10, 20, 30 dollars an hour then that is capitalism at work.

The market forces should decide how much is enough, not crony capitalists that want to rig the game in their favor.
How about we all decide what is enough for CEO and Upper Management Pay?

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Trueman

Who said anything about breaking the law ?
It's an example of do what I say not what I do , he is espousing hire American but his company is hiring foreign probably because it's cheaper than hiring American.

No law broken just double standards confirmed.

I'm glad you threw that "probably" in there. It goes to show you have no clue.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

originally posted by: Bone75

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

I thought this was America? I'm sure as well, there are enough permanent staff on hand able to speak Spanish and assist where needed. 15% of the population speak Spanish fluently since childhood in Florida alone.

It's so funny watching the libtards go all Nationalist on us. What kind of sorcery is this?

I thought it was racist to prefer American workers to foreigners?

Ha! Nice try.

Foreign workers are great when they are NOT replacing American workers. They do jobs no one wants to do - awesome. They get jobs that Americans want and could do except for corporate greed, well then that's bad. If they are more qualified high-tech wizards well then Americans need to step up and be more qualified so we don't lose those cushy sillicon valley jobs to more qualified foreigners.

Says "Ha! Nice try"... then goes on a Nationalist rant lol.

I'm not disagreeing with you in any way, just tickled at the positions of the left finally evolving to where Trump started.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Looks like Trump isn't as prejudice and racist as they said.

Brilliant strategy.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

I thought this was America? I'm sure as well, there are enough permanent staff on hand able to speak Spanish and assist where needed. 15% of the population speak Spanish fluently since childhood in Florida alone.

It's so funny watching the libtards go all Nationalist on us. What kind of sorcery is this?

I thought it was racist to prefer American workers to foreigners?[/

Ha! Nice try.

Foreign workers are great when they are NOT replacing American workers. They do jobs no one wants to do - awesome. They get jobs that Americans want and could do except for corporate greed, well then that's bad. If they are more qualified high-tech wizards well then Americans need to step up and be more qualified so we don't lose those cushy sillicon valley jobs to more qualified foreigners.

Says "Ha! Nice try"... then goes on a Nationalist rant lol.

I'm not disagreeing with you in any way, just tickled at the positions of the left finally evolving to where Trump started.

I've always had this position. I don't think it's the same as current policy at all. It don't believe in cruel immigration ICR tactics and travel bans.

Note: can't get my screen right - I'm on my
Phone. This is not a quote from Bone but a reply to him from me.
edit on 5-11-2017 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508

hey Einstein, go Google 'unemployment rate by year' and get back to me.

Was the Obama years that good for you? I saw a lot of people out of work and even more that had to work for less, had to take on part time jobs where they needed full time work, many dropped out from work and so fell off the list to be counted since unemployment only shows who is looking in the last four weeks.

I also saw a sharp increase in cost of living that took many families from middle class, and making it work, to below that and not making it work even though they still had their same jobs. Lots and lots of layoff, completely stagnate job market.

It was bad....

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Love the spin, the excuses, coming from his supporters. Always amusing. Excuse A, the next one uses excuse B, and so forth.

a reply to: 3daysgone

He never said anything that not letting anyone into the country to work.

No he hasn't, but he's emphasized on Americans first when it came to jobs in this country.

Now even in the scenario his company absolutely exhausted finding any american willing to do the job (probably for slave wage), it still blows a hole in his argument, and those of his supporters, that jobs are just blindly being thrown to foreigners. Especially considering these are hotel and hospitality jobs.

He is making a joke out of the left.

Sure he is. It's all a joke right? He's pumping up his drone strikes meaning more murder of foreigners abroad, his own companies are begging for more foreigners over Americans to come work for them, he's trying to pass a tax cut to once again benefit the wealthy. He's sent his VP off to do a political stunt at the expense of the tax payer, while largely neglecting suffering american citizens in Puerto Rico. He's gutting healthcare, couldn't give a damn about those suffering. This is why the 4 healthcare plans couldn't even make the cut in his own party.

It's a joke to you right? Unemployed americans? suffering americans? A joke? Right?

Right.

I honestly believe most Trump supporters on ATS wouldn't care if the country burned to the ground as long as they believe they're "sticking it to liberals" in some kind of way.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Love the spin, the excuses, coming from his supporters. Always amusing. Excuse A, the next one uses excuse B, and so forth.

No spin at all. He was never against foreign workers. That is something the left just don't understand. He is against illegal immigrants and certain immigrants who would try to harm the U.S.

No he hasn't, but he's emphasized on Americans first when it came to jobs in this country. Now even in the scenario his company absolutely exhausted finding any american willing to do the job (probably for slave wage), it still blows a hole in his argument, and those of his supporters, that jobs are just blindly being thrown to foreigners. Especially considering these are hotel and hospitality jobs.

He has done more to try to bring jobs back to America than any President within the last 30 years. He brought the conversation to the fore front.
You are accusing him of blindly giving jobs to foreigners with work visas, and then saying it blows a hole in the theory that jobs are being blindly handed out to foreigners.
You do not believe that American citizens have jobs there?

Sure he is. It's all a joke right? He's pumping up his drone strikes meaning more murder of foreigners abroad, his own companies are begging for more foreigners over Americans to come work for them, he's trying to pass a tax cut to once again benefit the wealthy. He's sent his VP off to do a political stunt at the expense of the tax payer, while largely neglecting suffering american citizens in Puerto Rico. He's gutting healthcare, couldn't give a damn about those suffering. This is why the 4 healthcare plans couldn't even make the cut in his own party.

You don't like the fact that life is lost in war. I can understand that, but it is war.
He actually said he would like to let Obama just crush itself, because of the disaster it has been. It is up to congress to come up with a healthcare bill.
The tax cut benefits all. Which is fair.

And you do know that he is not running those business's anymore right?

It's a joke to you right? Unemployed americans? suffering americans? A joke? Right?

Unemployment is down right? There have always been suffering americans, but now it is Trumps fault right?
I believe the left is the joke. They pretend to care about certain issues, but when someone they hate uses programs that they claim to be for then those programs are bad. The left have become a laughing stock, and the only sad thing about it is that it is starting to not be funny anymore. Love Trump's Hate right?

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Brilliant strategy.

Yes it is.

And he still gets attacked for it. lol. Can you imagine what the Einstein leading this effort will come up with next?

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

No kidding, to suggest that he has nothing to do with, or couldn't of made a policy like...American's 1st before he handed over the reigns, is disingenuous at best.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

To be fair as a Non Trump voter. He would be dumb not too.

Trump didn't create the system where as a business you must screw over the American work force by outsourcing labor and jobs to survive due to competition, That was done by the previous GOP and DNC lobbying Wh0res like the Reagons, Bush, Obamas, and Clintons.

Ross Perot Warned the Americans what would happen.

In addition, Trump has amazingly tried to do some positives things with foreign workers, but the GOP and DNC have bastardized or stonewalled those attempts.

redbus2us.com...
edit on 371130America/ChicagoSun, 05 Nov 2017 12:37:19 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

edit on 371130America/ChicagoSun, 05 Nov 2017 12:37:52 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
lcr-pjr.doleta.gov...

Looks like the request for h-2b workers, which they've used for years on a 6 month a year basis, has been filed Inactive. My guess is Trump canceled the worker request once he realized it was counter to his stance. I doubt he is sitting around hiring waiters a d waitresses, a bit down the list for job responsibilities at this point.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
originally posted by: 3daysgone

No spin at all. He was never against foreign workers.

No, he railed against companies hiring foreigners over Americans. He's emphasized on America first for jobs.

Again, you're not reading and just jumping at any chance to make excuses.

Plenty of Americans he could've hired. How do you feel about those job search organizations whom claim they've never been contacted by the Mar-a-lago?

He has done more to try to bring jobs back to America than any President within the last 30 years.

By doing what exactly? Beyond campaign rhetoric?

You do not believe that American citizens have jobs there?

If you're referring to Jobs in that area where the Mar-a-lago is hiring, in the OP, in the source, about 5000+ resumes, locals looking for that kind of work.

It is up to congress to come up with a healthcare bill.

It's healthcare legislation Trump has pushed for and campaigned on. The repeal of Obamacare was a core campaign promise. We're all well aware there's a process he needs to go through congress with. His job as president is to lead and gather support for his legislative agendas, his campaign promises.

Reagan promised major tax cuts in his campaign for the rich and achieved this through congress.

Trump failed to push through this promise of his. His deal making abilities utterly failed, 4 times.

Part of being president is working with congress to get things done. You really need to understand this instead of passing blame.

And you do know that he is not running those business's anymore right?

It's not up to me to prove a negative for you. Those are Trumps businesses, the onus is on him to prove he's no longer running them or no longer in control. He hasn't done so to date.

The left have become a laughing stock,

Stay in your bubble. Comedians are having a field day with Trump.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

I love replies like yours when they come up because it shows just how little you actually know about what you're talking about.

You go on and on about what a bad week it's been for Dems as if that has anything at all to do with the topic. Not to mention that I'm not even a Dem so I don't know why you even bring it up.

Also, no, I don't live in Oregon and have no idea what the hell you're talking about when you make a reference to how they do seasonal business there or what that means as far as this topic goes anyway.

In fact, I don't see where you made any valid point regarding what I was saying that you were apparently replying to at all.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: nwtrucker

I love replies like yours when they come up because it shows just how little you actually know about what you're talking about.

You go on and on about what a bad week it's been for Dems as if that has anything at all to do with the topic. Not to mention that I'm not even a Dem so I don't know why you even bring it up.

Also, no, I don't live in Oregon and have no idea what the hell you're talking about when you make a reference to how they do seasonal business there or what that means as far as this topic goes anyway.

In fact, I don't see where you made any valid point regarding what I was saying that you were apparently replying to at all.

Hmm, must be confusing you for another poster..My bad.

The 'bad week' stands.

The seasonal hiring point stands.

The hiring of legal workers stands.

edit on 5-11-2017 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
The hyposcrisy is appalling.

And how about bringing manufacturing back to U.S. soil?

He still makes his products in 12 different countries.

We know of at least 12 countries where Trump products were manufactured (China, the Netherlands, Mexico, India, Turkey, Slovenia, Honduras, Germany, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Vietnam and South Korea). Further, Trump products transited other countries through the packaging and shipping process — meaning workers in more than 12 countries contributed to getting many of Trump’s products made, packaged and delivered to the United States

www.washingtonpost.com... ba7

Also Ivanka's. The reason? Cheap labor.

Good grief. No wonder he can't sleep at night.
edit on 11/5/2017 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Brilliant strategy.

don't you feel awfully embarrassed after demanding a wall being built and no immigration for over a year to accepting and applauding?

your answer will be either nonsensical or hypocritical, i'm betting you blame hillary, it's all you seem to do.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Good for him.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Those are Legal immigrants. Nobody ever had any problem with them. How is this hypocritical? Because in your feeble, petty little mind, we all hate immigrants because..... we are racist, right? Is that it? Pathetic dude... Guess what, he also has plenty females in top positions of authority. But wait a minute... Trumps a no good woman hater! TV says so! So now he's a Double Hypocrite!

I swear... If I find out he's empowered the Blacks too, in any way, I say we impeach his ass!

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: theantediluvian

He hires visa workers because he made America so great again so fast that everyone has a job and nobody wants to work at Mar-a-lago. Also, the media. I blame Obama.

Wow! Look at all the jobs Obama created...lol

Ok.
Unemployment in December 2008

In December, the number of unemployed persons increased by 632,000 to 11.1 million and the unemployment rate rose to 7.2 percent. Since the start of the recession in December 2007, the number of unemployed persons has grown by 3.6 million, and the unemployment rate has risen by 2.3 percentage points.

Among the unemployed, the number of job losers and persons who completed temporary jobs rose over the month by 315,000 to 6.5 million in December 2008. Over the past 12 months, the size of this group has increased by 2.7 million.

Unemployment holds steady for much of 2016 but edges down in the fourth quarter

The number of unemployed and the unemployment rate both declined during 2016, continuing their downward trends. In the fourth quarter of 2016, 7.6 million people were unemployed and the unemployment rate was 4.7 percent, 0.3 percentage point lower than a year earlier. Employment, as measured by the Current Population Survey (CPS; see accompanying box), expanded by 2.5 million in 2016, about in line with the gains in the previous year. After rising between the fourth quarter of 2015 and the first quarter of 2016, the employment–population ratio held fairly steady, ending the year at 59.7 percent in the fourth quarter. The civilian labor force—the sum of the employed and the unemployed―grew by 2.1 million, to 159.6 million. The labor force participation rate, at 62.7 percent in the fourth quarter of 2016, was little changed from a year earlier.1

So the unemployed went from 11 million to 7.6 million during Obama's Presidency. WOW! That's a lot of jobs! Thanks for having us bring that to the thread's attention to compare to what Trump is doing.
edit on 10-11-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join