It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to Cork that Jim Beam Bottle

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Daaaamn, Strawberry Hill, Madog, ya'll bringing back memories now.

K~

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

Fighting Cock?!?!? Yeah, that just sounds like it's gonna be a rough swallow. (Pun intended.)

A friend of mine likes to drink Makers Mark. Which is supposed to be a decent, I'd say mid level brand. Not top shelf exactly but decent. But I can't stand it. IMO it's horrible.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm
That's because back in the day it was, cough syrup & grape juice.
I forget what they used to call it, srp, slrp?

K~

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   
So Jim Beam now has managed to piss off and offend the tender little snowflakes of cult Trump.

Sweet. Now I know what to serve at this year's New year's Eve bash.

I don't even drink alcohol, but I'll drink to this.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek

K~

Yeah, a Strawberry Hill fan!!! That stuff was great. You could get a whole bottle of wine for like 2 bucks. It was good too in like a cheap sweet wine kind of way. Like a wine cooler actually was pretty much what it was.

But everyone like it because it was like juice that got you drunk.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

Yep, I remember that too. I think it was Slurp or something like that.

That's when you could get the good syrup with codine too.

I never had much taste for it, but lot's of people loved it.

I've been hammered on sweet stuff enough that I stopped that pretty early. A sweet drink is good to a point but all that sugar gets to be too much if you get sick. Or creamy drinks do the same thing. Don't spend all night drinking Butterbabies is all I have to say.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Funny thing about those boycotts is it takes actual numbers to have an effect.

Boycotts work for the Liberals & Progressives because we have the numbers, any alt-right conservative boycott has never succeeded because they're a small noisy ineffectual segment of our society.

K~

This. They bitch and moan about everything, Hollywood and the entertainment industry in general.

I'd have more respect for the alt-right types if the ones I knew didn't listen to any music, watch any movies, tv, or use the internet.

Considering they like to constantly bitch, piss and moan about the above mentioned things...

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: introvert

Yeah, you have to be careful with those malt liquers boy. Especially those cheap ones you can snag like two big bottles for one low price.

Another one I had once was Cysco (sp?). Ever had that??? It tastes like cough syrup. Really super sweet like that. But really cheap and packs a punch.

Ya, I remember that Cisco stuff.

You didn't touch that if you wanted to live the next day or two.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   

K~

Goldschlager. Nothing says class like flakes of gold in yer glass.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Yeah, a little redhead used to love that stuff, that's why I drank it, other wise I'm a straight up Jacks man myself.
Don't much care for sweet.

But yes good memories, thanks.

What was the peach one? like Hill, another wine cooler kinda thing.

K~

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

With a name like fighting cock in not sure I would go there, I would go for a cask of cooking wine before I drank cock.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Nah, it was all about mixing Mt. Dew and Hennessy. Fun fact, Mt. Dew was originally created to be a mixer for hard liquor.

Oh, that stuff called Hypnotiq. That was popular for a little while too. Anyone remember that stuff? The light blue stuff in the weird bottle?

I have no idea what the kids these days are into.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

Exactly. Like they're the only ones who've noticed how crappy Hollywood and TV and Music is or something. Or that for some reason all those industries should only cater to their opinions because they're so special??

Give me a break. They're a bunch of keyboard warriors and trust fund babies who are board and have too much time and a wasted life so they're trying to do something they think matters, but it only matters to them and they don't have the capacity to consider an entire world full of people and different lives.

They can either deal with it like we all do, take the good with the bad or f*cking move to the woods and live off the land if it upsets them so much. They're all too self involved and think way too much of their own opinions. Most of them don't have the balls to actually back up their position in a real world way either. But they sure have the time and resources to make your online world overly abusive if they want.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Meh, if I want cheap bourbon, I just drink Evan Williams anyway.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: introvert

Yeah, you have to be careful with those malt liquers boy. Especially those cheap ones you can snag like two big bottles for one low price.

Another one I had once was Cysco (sp?). Ever had that??? It tastes like cough syrup. Really super sweet like that. But really cheap and packs a punch.

Ya, I remember that Cisco stuff.

You didn't touch that if you wanted to live the next day or two.

It was all about those Ham's 30-packs of beer for $9.99 in college. Couldn't beat 30 beers for $9.99.

We called it the "dirty thirty" back in the day.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   

And I don't want those folks to stop going to movies. Those people are half the reason going to a movie theater is fun anyway!

You can always count on those folks in the audience to make some funny comments or something during previews, or to give me and my friends looks as we laugh at jokes they obviously don't get.

It's hilarious to see those people walk out halfway through a movie in protest, as if they didn't know what kind of movie they were going to anyway.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Don't recall that one.

I remember Zima though. That's gone now for some reason. But it wasn't bad. Tasted like 7up and got you pretty messed up.

My goto's were either Lucky Logger because I loved the bottle caps. Or Mickey's Big Mouth Bottles.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   

I've only ever walked out of a theater once in my life. Because I paid for the movie most of all so I'll sit through it if I have to just not to waste the money.

But the one time I left was when I saw Showgirls. Which is funny because I only went to see it with a couple buddies to see the nude women anyway, which it had all through it. But the acting and everything else was soooo bad I just couldn't handle it.

I was in my late teens I think and you know it had to be bad to actually overpower my desire to see some boobies at that age. But somehow it was that bad that we all left after about 1 hour.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu

Boycotts work for the Liberals & Progressives because we have the numbers, any alt-right conservative boycott has never succeeded because they're a small noisy ineffectual segment of our society.

K~

This. They bitch and moan about everything, Hollywood and the entertainment industry in general.

I'd have more respect for the alt-right types if the ones I knew didn't listen to any music, watch any movies, tv, or use the internet.

Considering they like to constantly bitch, piss and moan about the above mentioned things...

Because the world is passing them by, & by their very nature they're ill equipped to deal with change.

A perfect example,,,
Awaiting Trump's coal comeback, miners reject retraining
www.reuters.com...

Their beloved "Free Market" is primarily driving the demise of the coal industry.
Whether it's driven by environmental concerns or cheap LNG the fact is coal is not "coming back" in any meaningful way.
Instead of facing realty & trying to change with the reality they stick their head between their buttocks searching for a solution.

K~

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Oh I don't know about that, we elected the President of the United States didn't we?

K~

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join