It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I see where this is going . . . .

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Today perusing yahoo.com I found a story that has me concerned. Now I realize that yahoo loves sensationalism so I'm taking that into consideration.

Julianna Margulies Harassment Story

Now, I in no way condone sexual harassment or sexual attacks of any kind. I 100% believe stories of overly rich narcissistic men in Hollywood treating women like crap and I sympathize with victims of abuse.

What I'm anticipating, with the start of something like this, is seeing more stories of "attempted" harassment or attacks where evidence of actual abuse never took place. I can even see people crying about how they think this person or that person THOUGHT about abusing them because of "how they looked at me" or some such thing.

What started as an honest attempt at social change is quickly becoming a witch hunt thanks again to the MSM who loves to overdo EVERYTHING they cover.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: frostjon361

Who are the ones with all the heat aren’t accused of the real deal???

Cosby Weinstein and Spacey seem like legit cases
edit on 4-11-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: frostjon361
I can even see people crying about how they think this person or that person THOUGHT about abusing them because of "how they looked at me" or some such thing.

So can I. Trust me. The snowflake generation rages against the machine.

Society annoys me.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Plenty of the stories about Weinstein right now are ones where he was crude and rude but did nothing physical.
I am not defending him, just saying that you will see all sorts of stories coming out about him that are not necessarily criminal.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

So how many does it take before the genuine article is revealed?

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
This has SO much room for abuse. That is, fraudulent accusations for the purpose of suits. Those eyes seeing $ signs. It can work both ways don't forget, male or female.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

I'd say the "OMG, Adam Sandler put his hand on my knee!!!" is pretty far outside the pale. Making a pass at an adult woman, so long as it doesn't involve outright groping and stops as soon at the female says "no" isn't something that should be elevated to the realm of harassment or assault. If we reach a point where that type of activity is considered wrong, then God help us because damn near every man who's ever dated is going to be liable to have accusations lobbed against him.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
No wonder they want to ban "To kill a mocking bird".

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Umm, rape investigation in NYC so . . .

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Agreed. The way I look at it is, if this guy did this to my daughter, would I be required to punch him in the mouth?

If no, it's not harassment, imo.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Very legitimate concern, all considered. We have, of course, seen false accusations in the past. I am sure all recall the false "Duke rape case", for example. Accusations of that sort can totally ruin a person's life. If true, well, that's fine, but if false?

I suspect there are a LOT of serious creeps skulking around Hollywood, as far as that's concerned, but I will be cautious when looking at any accusations. When it's a case of someone flirting, that's not a crime, last time I checked! Here's hoping we can focus on the real bad guys, and not let this become a tool to destroy people who didn't do anything wrong.

new topics

top topics

join