It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New 'Black Death' MARBURG: Deadly virus WORSE than plague and with no CURE breaks out - WHO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
While plague is sweeping through Madagascar, claiming 127 lives so far, we now have an even greater problem with an ebola-like virus break out in Eastern Uganda.

www.express.co.uk...

A DEADLY outbreak of a rare and highly fatal virus has broken out in eastern Uganda and five cases have already been identified, the World Health Organisation (WHO) has confirmed.

The disease, known as Marburg virus disease (MVD), is similar to Ebola and can be lethal in up to 90 per cent of cases.

Emergency screening has begun at the Kenya-Uganda border in Turkana after three members of the same family died of the disease in Uganda.

The WHO website reads: “Marburg virus disease is a rare disease with a high mortality rate for which there is no specific treatment.

“The virus is transmitted by direct contact with the blood, body fluids and tissues of infected persons or wild animals (e.g. monkeys and fruit bats).”

Several hundred people are believed to have been exposed to the virus, which is among the most virulent pathogens known to infect humans.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I was actually thinking of writing a thread the other day about how the new plague is likely coming soon (in 20 or 40 years) just by the statistical odds.

I don't think the Marburg virus is it though, because transmission is too difficult.

I think the next big plague will be airborn and will spread worldwide in under a month.

Something like Marburg but transmitted by a cough or sneeze, with similar mortality rates.

I also think it will probably be an engineered bioweapon that somehow got loose. The bioweapons already exist and the clock is ticking.
edit on 11/4/2017 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

edit on 4-11-2017 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

I was actually thinking of writing a thread the other day about how the new plague is likely coming soon (in 20 or 40 years) just by the statistical odds.

I don't think the Marburg virus is it though, because transmission is too difficult.

I think the next big plague will be airborn and will spread worldwide in under a month.

Something like Marburg but transmitted by a cough or sneeze, with similar mortality rates.

I also think it will probably be an engineered bioweapon that somehow got loose. The bioweapons already exist and the clock is ticking.

I am expecting a deadly flu sooner or later.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

YIKES!!!! Revelation 6:8, “I looked, and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
If you listened to the Express we'd have the worst winter since times began the last ten years
pbs.twimg.com...

I believe there is a problem but I take any of the Expresses editorials with a shovel full of salt

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

top topics

join