It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New 'Black Death' FOUND: Deadly virus WORSE than plague and with no CURE breaks out - WHO

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: one4all

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: dogstar23
a reply to: silo13

What do we know about the victim that makes you feel this is some form of karmic retribution? I didn't read the article, just the post, but in the OP and quotes, it just references him earning his living as a game hunter. Was he killing endangered species or something?

In his ignorance he probably thought all game hunters are trophy hunters and didn't realize the vast majority hunt for food. Even trophy hunters, most of the animal is used for food. There's hardly any waste. Some people are just uneducated on the subject though and think game hunters are evil.

I have butchered domestic meat from childhood on...have hunted and killed wild animals only for meat....I watched Shocky murder an adult Mountain Grizzly bear on TV last night and almost vomitted from anger.....Trophy hunting should have been outlawed 50 years ago and Predator hunting for sport should have been abolished 50 years ago....it is time for drastic change in the name of preserving meat hunting and subsistance HARVESTING....remove the bloodsport of predator killing and you cant really call it hunting you have to call it harvesting.Predators should be culled only when necessary never "hunted" and meat animls should be HAARVESTED....we should remove the word HUNT from our vocabulary and add some morality to our world in an area where we have been slow to evolve.

Call it whatever you want, in most cases the meat is put to good use. Whether you make a coat or a rug out of the hide is kinda grasping at straws. The animal is dead either way, and it died for a natural purpose, so other animals can live. We are part of nature, no matter how much you want to pretend we're not.

You are really reaching now.....lol.

Generally speaking harvesting a Grizzly bear for meat would mean killing a young sow not a Trophy Silvertip Boar....so stuff your BS ok.......and furthermore predator meat is not the norm......we can eat anything of course....but lets keep it freaking real......I have hunted and been around hunters lookin for Trophy animals and I have harvested and been around harvesters looking for meat animals......I have also Culled been around Cullers looking for problem animls.......killing an animal for its Trophy attributes or its fur in no way reflects your "so other animals can live" spiel....lol....I believe Hunters as an entirity must be outlawed to begin a proper process of managing our global resources......the implied individual "survival right" to needlessly kill animals must be replaced by a more realistic responsible reality which recognises humanities vested interests as overshadowing this so called "survival right" to kill at will......only meat harvesting and problem animal culling...no more hunting... and we have a beginning of a new resource management attitude and culture.
edit on 5-11-2017 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

If I didn't already believe we were in the 'end times' I would be convinced by now.

We are the 'end times.'

I know I shouldn't say this and people will think I'm a bigger asshole than their earlier estimates told them. Here goes...

There are too many of us on this planet and we're heading for trouble. We're going to struggle to have enough clean drinking water and we aren't collectively smart enough to produce enough food for everyone in the future.

City roads are full with cars, countries have housing crises, economic migrants are causing unrest and the seas and atmosphere are increasingly polluted.

A recent study says population growth is going to hit tipping point in about 40 years. They highlight how agriculture won't be able to cope with providing the calories to keep us all alive. We don't produce food efficiently; we waste too much. We don't transport food efficiently; we import stuff from thousands of miles away we could grow in our own countries. We're overfishing the seas and yada yada you've m heard it all before.

Circumstantial evidence points to humans being responsible for the extinctions of 'mega-fauna.' Some argue that climate changes killed them all or it was only natural selection at work so who cares?

Maybe it's our turn to have a 'thinning the herd' moment?

I agree that our current way of doing things is going to hit a wall.
Part of the problem revolves around our for profit system and endless growth.
Planned obsolescence and making products as cheap as possible so you get returning customers when they break is not going to work.

Products should be made to last and should also be repairable rather held together with rivets or sealed forever.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Fascinating.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Lots of scientists working in labs all around the world, I wouldn't be surprised if this was released intentionally. Maybe a trial version to see what it's capable of?

I would have to agree there. These things don't just "evolve" out of nowhere. It was made in a lab somewhere.

Actually, that’s exactly how pandemics occur: by natural mutation. So they do just “evolve out of nowhere”.

Manufactured pandemics during the Cold War were suped-up versions of pre-existing strains, like ebola. They were designed to have a high fatality rate. The logic of such a weapon was to wipe out a population of an area without much material damage, as opposed to conventional means; plus it has mass psychological impact and requires a lot of resources to contain. However, the high fatality rate also works well for containment, because the sicker people are from infection, the less likely it is that the infection will spread from a quarantine zone. Or to be more frank, the rate of fatality exceeds the rate of infection.

The bioweapons of the 21st century are more fixated on being designer pandemics; or rather, to target specific genetic traits that would be, presumably, contained to your target. It’s still a risky business though, and hopefully nobody is stupid enough to unleash any plague assuming that it can be contained. But the world isn’t known for being sane, now is it?

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

If only we could stop eating and drinking.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

With in-door farming we won't have a finite space to grow our foods. We can do it so many ways. Buildings are the future of farming

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Marburg is very, very bad ... if you happen to get caught in a local outbreak, but Marburg works so quickly it has a hard time being anything other than local.

It burns itself out too quickly.

The pneumonic plague is a worse threat, and even that one isn't hugely scary unless it manages to catch on enough to super overwhelm.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
The next King of England must be happy and cheering it on since he recently came out and said there are too many people alive today.

Sir David Attenborough said the same thing-we are overpopulating the planet however there is a decent question to ask...Why are these outbreaks endemic to the African continent? middle and south America has undiscovered tribes that have remained healthy so you must ask yourself, how does the cradle of humanity seem susceptible to viruses yet many tribes in Middle and South America are perfectly healthy despite never having made contact with the western world?

AIDS, Cholera and Ebola? understandable. Who knows, all I know is all of these maladies are most prevalent in Africa. Poverty is an issue but I'll state once again that there are undiscovered tribes in south America and perhaps other uncharted territories across the the globe who don't have these epidemics-who knows.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

As long only game hunters are infected I am fine with that..
And should it be the end of us all.. I guess we can see it as a punishment for our treatment of other species.

I wish your direct ancestors didn't eat burgers so then I wouldnt have to read your sick nonsense

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: circuitsports

originally posted by: Spacespider

As long only game hunters are infected I am fine with that..
And should it be the end of us all.. I guess we can see it as a punishment for our treatment of other species.

I wish your direct ancestors didn't eat burgers so then I wouldnt have to read your sick nonsense

Some kill for fun, and some just kills time
I guess you are both ?

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: SprocketUK
I shouldn't worry too much, like Ebola, Marburg is a fast killer and people tend not to be able to travel when they are bleeding from their eyes, ears etc.

The caregivers scatter out of an area with an outbreak, they get on modern planes and get back to civilization in hours. Not all of them but the few who don't have a death wish will leave the areas, and travel before symptoms are bad enough. They land in their nations and get carted to clinics and boom, world wide epidemic.

this guy clearly hasn't seen the movie "Outbreak". scary thought.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

I wish I could also kill stupidity, like the kind that thinks the protein you survive on comes from wheat grass and high fives and that African hunters are all just out having a laugh and deserve to die for it.
edit on 6-11-2017 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Excellent info. The likelihood of it creating a global pandemic is slim, but I like to have a heads up just in case. Sidenote: reading through most of these comments leaves me wondering why the moderators aren't clearing out all the thread drifting troll post.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

I would have to agree there. These things don't just "evolve" out of nowhere. It was made in a lab somewhere.

Well actually they do just evolve, that is what viruses do...

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
The codex alimentarius works on de-population for years

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
I shouldn't worry too much, like Ebola, Marburg is a fast killer and people tend not to be able to travel when they are bleeding from their eyes, ears etc.

There is that...and then again, if like the ebola outbreak, a health worker lies about feeling ill / having an elevated temperature, and comes home before the full blown symptoms present, then we would be in trouble.

It's a fast killer, but of course, like all infectious diseases, there's an incubation period...with modern travel, the incubation period could feasibly translate into an infected person, early on in the incubation phase, could potentially travel to all four corners of this planet, to any major city on Earth.

Then, as a rather nasty afterthought...we have this deadly disease and the potential for weaponisation...again, able to reach anywhere within a single day.

We screen for explosive underpants, shoes, and luggage...but we don't screen for weaponised carriers of deadly disease.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

Hard to do with Marberg. It works stupid fast. You go from feeling good to nasty fever suddenly and start having the more severe symptoms within three days. Not saying it can't happen, but there is a smaller window than with Ebola.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join