It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator Rand Paul attacked in home

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 04:37 AM
link   
All I'm getting out of reports is the two have a well-known, long-term neighborly turf war going on. Knowing that much, it's a rather safe bet one of them would take a swing at the other eventually, everyone who's had a crap neighbor has toed that line (either as the giver or receiver)

In the meantime, the overly conflict-horny usual crowd is in here with a bad case of online pre-e going on. It's like a parody of a particular Lonely Island song.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Why don't you just wait for a police report before condemning an entire group of people for the actions of one.

Poor logic.

Why? The Left seems to have no problem doing it to gun owners.
And White people.
And straight people.
And Males.

Matter of fact...according to you guys, White straight males are the cause of everything. Well, when you're not blaming it on Trump, that is.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Update:

Doug Stafford, a senior adviser to Paul, told the Associated Press Sunday Paul was in considerable pain and has difficulty getting around, including flying. Stafford said Paul has five broken ribs, including three displaced fractures, which can lead to life-threatening injuries. The pain can last for weeks or months.

Rand will be alright, despite the pain as the source mentions.

Boucher is a registered Democrat, according to Kentucky State Board of Elections records. However, a motive for the attack on Paul remains unclear.
Source
Overall, other sources, etc, allude to and it seems so it may be a neighbor dispute rather than political. Political wise, guess the neighbor probably feels that his politician neighbor can get away with more things than him/ have more leeway in the neighborhood(HOA?).

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
Update:

Doug Stafford, a senior adviser to Paul, told the Associated Press Sunday Paul was in considerable pain and has difficulty getting around, including flying. Stafford said Paul has five broken ribs, including three displaced fractures, which can lead to life-threatening injuries. The pain can last for weeks or months.

Rand will be alright, despite the pain as the source mentions.

Boucher is a registered Democrat, according to Kentucky State Board of Elections records. However, a motive for the attack on Paul remains unclear.
Source
Overall, other sources, etc, allude to and it seems so it may be a neighbor dispute rather than political. Political wise, guess the neighbor probably feels that his politician neighbor can get away with more things than him/ have more leeway in the neighborhood(HOA?).

Five broken ribs sounds like more than a simple neighbor dispute that boiled over into a minor fight. Rand Paul is only 54, it's not like he's in his 70s or 80s and a simple fall is gonna break 5 ribs. My brother fell in his bathtub, landed on the side of the tub and only broke 2 ribs.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say rand was banging the neighbors wife. He got confronted...

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
So it was about leaves and lawn waste. Leaf blowers. 🙄

I was just talking about those stupid things the other day. People blowing leaves onto neighbour's yards - they should vacuum! Not blow!

Just heard this on the news.
edit on 6-11-2017 by snowspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

You mean sensibility don't you? Yes you do. I'm not a hypocrite. Show one instance?

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

No I don't do that. You're trying to compartmentalize me. You're so far off base you're off the ball field.
Now I do judge people on this site based on their contributions. But that's passing judgement directly to a person based on their personal behavior not an entire group. You won't find it.
You guys do not represent all of even most conservatives or republicans.

Oh and I must point out that this turned out to be a neighbor dispute of long standing like I believe I postulated....

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Don't you know that hat is red? It might trigger someone.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
HE wasn't carrying a GUN to protect himself?

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

If he had been, do you think he would have simply shot an unarmed man?

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
So some updates on this. Others who live nearby have been coming out disputing the account that this was a simple dispute between neighbors.

"The stories of a 'landscaping dispute' or a dispute of any sort between Rand Paul and Rene Boucher are erroneous and unfounded," a Paul neighbor named Travis Creed told the Washington Examiner. "The reason for Mr. Boucher's bizarre attack is known only to him. Statements to the contrary are irresponsible and unnecessary."

Also:

In a new statement to CNN's Drew Griffin, Paul's attorney Doug Stafford called the incident "a serious criminal matter involving serious injury." He said both local and federal authorities are looking into it and added the two men had not spoken for years beforehand. "This was not a 'fight,' it was a blindside, violent attack by a disturbed person. Anyone claiming otherwise is either uninformed or seeking media attention."

Sounding more and more like this was an unprovoked attack, if anyone ever thought a "landscaping dispute" was ever a reason for an attack in the first place. Still no solid indication that it was politically motivated, but at this point what are we left with? The guy could simply be nuts.

Edit to add source: CNN
edit on 9 11 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join