It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator Rand Paul attacked in home

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: face23785

I'm just not surprised any more.

It's almost a *meh*

There is so much hatred on either side that this isn't really shocking any more.

*shrugs*

Sad, but that's America in 2017.

That's the sad and scary part.

We're becoming desensitized to violence, in a lot of ways.

We might talk how bad it is for a little while, but then it's business/life as usual.

That's not good.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

There is so much hatred on either side that this isn't really shocking any more.

*shrugs*

What have I missed? Was it politically motivated? I didn't see a motive?

edit on 11/4/2017 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime
Most people have had neighbors they don't get along with. There's been a few times i've felt like punching my neighbor in the face. Came close.

They were neighbors who had problems for years. Being a Rep. and Dem. added fuel to the fire.

Blindsiding Paul just shows how much of a wuss he is.

I agree this sounds more like a neighbor dispute rather than political. It happens all the time. More than likely the neighbor had a perceived issue with how Rand Paul mows the lawn. This is simply a neighbor dispute. The neighbor obviously was having a bad day and vented on Rand Paul.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Give it time, I think we are still building to the climax and it wont be good for we the people.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

*shrugs*

Maybe it wasn't politically motivated.

Maybe I'm a unicorn typing with my prancy hooves.

Maybe.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

*shrugs*

Maybe.

Maybe you're skinny as a tech-class high school boy with acne and crusted pants, and a bruise from mama.

Maybe.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

It's almost a *meh*

*shrugs*

We might talk how bad it is for a little while, but then it's business/life as usual.

That's not good.

No. It's not good.

But next month someone with a conservative leaning is going to do something and everyone to the right of Lenin will have to apologize and own up to it or be branded a hate-filled Nazi.

It's the way of the world now.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

*shrugs*

Maybe.

Maybe you're skinny as a tech-class high school boy with acne and crusted pants, and a bruise from mama.

Maybe.

Maybe I'm a male model with several million in the bank and a drive a car that is an auto-bot.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Well, prancy hooves are becoming quite trendy these days. (But I'm thinking maybe we shouldn't be too quick to bring them back. It's too soon.)

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   
The attacker was a democrat, but it sounds like there was a prior history between the two of them, but there is no way to know what drove this reasonably intelligent person to do something so stupid.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

It's almost a *meh*

*shrugs*

That's not good.

But next month someone with a conservative leaning is going to do something and everyone to the right of Lenin will have to apologize and own up to it or be branded a hate-filled Nazi.

It's the way of the world now.

Yup. That was part of my point. It doesn't matter who does it. It will be politicized by the opposing group, and then it fades away as normal.

It becomes another "meh, it happens" and people go on with lives until it happens again.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

*shrugs*

Maybe.

Maybe.

Maybe I'm a male model with several million in the bank and a drive a car that is an auto-bot.

I'm not gay, but hey, you need any favors?

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

Most people have had neighbors they don't get along with. There's been a few times i've felt like punching my neighbor in the face. Came close.

They were neighbors who had problems for years. Being a Rep. and Dem. added fuel to the fire.

I agree this sounds more like a neighbor dispute rather than political. It happens all the time. More than likely the neighbor had a perceived issue with how Rand Paul mows the lawn. This is simply a neighbor dispute. The neighbor obviously was having a bad day and vented on Rand Paul.

Or maybe Paul has barking dogs and the neighbor is a cat person. Cat people hate barking dogs. (Um, I have no personal knowledge that. Somebody once told me that.)

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Cat people hate barking dogs.

Lady, I thought we talked about not disclosing this.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

Now it sounds like you're blaming all neighbors.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Oh yay. Another thread where partisan asshats get to scream nonsense at the opposition. Yipee.

I long for the days when artificial intelligence eventually takes over all dialog on the internet.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dudemo5
Oh yay. Another thread where partisan asshats get to scream nonsense at the opposition. Yipee.

I long for the days when artificial intelligence eventually takes over all dialog on the internet.[/quote?

It has gotten that bad.

Identity politics and snowflakes know no party lines. They are the people drawing them.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Get used to it. Given the behavior, contempt, and current attitudes of congress, and given the increasingly angry, turbulent state of their constituents, attacks of congresssional members, staff, and state/local politicians are going to increase, whatever their political leaning.

The natives are getting restless now, and are turning on their masters. Gonna start burning down the plantation soon enough.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Now toss in a few generations that were free to act out and "Express themselves" without corporal punishment.
I've always said everyone could benefit from experiencing the results of a war zone,violence is a tool of purpose not emotion.
Then we have ...CHICAGO...FBI's HRT won't cover THAT little escapade,nor can the guard.
SO we let them melt down I guess.
MY door is covered of course.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 04:18 AM
link   
The Antifa fascists stepping up their activity? Looks like it.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join