It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI turns over new Clinton investigation documents to Congress

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

The FBI has begun turning over to Senate investigators hundreds of pages of memos regarding the bureau's probe into Hillary Clinton's private email server, sources told The Hill.

The sources said the Justice Department notified the Senate Judiciary Committee late Friday and the FBI began transmitting memos soon after to assist Congress in its review of former Director James Comey's handling of the Clinton email case.

The new documents being transmitted to the Senate Judiciary Committee are expected to shed light on how the FBI made those decisions, who was involved and whether the decision to clear Clinton was made before she was even interviewed by FBI agents in spring 2016.

The release came hours after the new documents came to light in a federal lawsuit showing exactly when FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe recused himself from the Clinton email investigation, which was codenamed "Mid Year." McCabe was forced to step aside due to questions about a possible conflict of interest involving hundreds of thousands of dollars of money that flowed to his wife's political campaign from a Clinton ally.

Those documents (below), released under a FOIA lawsuit to the conservative group Judicial Watch, show McCabe did not recuse himself from the long-running investigation until Nov. 1, 2016, just six days before the probe was officially ended and eight days before Donald Trump was elected president over Clinton.

By the time McCabe recused himself, he had supervised the case for months after becoming deputy director of the bureau in February 2016. The decision followed newspaper articles that specifically questioned whether he had a conflict of interest because his wife Jill's 2015 Virginia state Senate campaign had accepted nearly $700,000 from Clinton ally and Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe.

It took almost a year for this info to come out.

Why didn't McCabe recuse himself sooner?
Should he have?

I'm seriously asking as I don't know which way to take this.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: abago71

We are witnessing a very strategic destruction of the deep state, along both sides of the isle.

McCabe is guilty as the rest and has probably flipped at this point and now they can release the info.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

If winning is more important than ethics and/or possible violations of federal law, then you wink and go on if you are a politician.

(Please note that is a non-partisan viewpoint.)

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
And this is all well and good, potential criminality should be thoroughly investigated. And I hope they find enough to bring charges against her.

The timing of all of these 'But Hillary' things though has so clearly been orchestrated to try and distract attention from the Trump investigations though.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

It sounds like transparency. Forgive me if I don't believe whatever documents they turn over are a complete, and unedited version.

The whole situation stinks of corruption and coverup.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

I'm not sure if I agree with your assessment of strategic. Maybe just dumb luck, IMHO.

Either way, I am interested to see how this plays out.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

By the time McCabe recused himself, he had supervised the case for months after becoming deputy director of the bureau in February 2016.

The decision followed newspaper articles that specifically questioned whether he had a conflict of interest because his wife Jill's 2015 Virginia state Senate campaign had accepted nearly $700,000 from Clinton ally and Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe.

Very BIG Hmmm.

link   
a reply to: Painterz

So the FBI is working the case for Trump this days? Another switch?

link   

McCabe also broke rules when he was campaigning with his wife . a no no so it looks like its a go go for Mr. McCabe from the FBI . sooner or later . But this has been known for a time now

edit on 4-11-2017 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

What "Trump investigations" ?

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
And this is all well and good, potential criminality should be thoroughly investigated. And I hope they find enough to bring charges against her.

The timing of all of these 'But Hillary' things though has so clearly been orchestrated to try and distract attention from the Trump investigations though.

I'm not sure what you mean by "distract attention". The left wingnuts and never Trumpets will never give up the ghost. All other see that after a year of " investigation" with precisely zero to show for it, there is nothing to distract from. Zero evidence of wrongdoing by Trump.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Sounds almost like "McCabe and Mrs Miller"

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Im not disagreeing with you, but I could see how this could be taken the other way.

Many of the Trump things could be orchestrated to distract from the Hillary Investigation.

I would like to see a timeline of all the big stories that seem to coincide with each other.

I can never tell which one's are deflections and which are not.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: abago71

I'm not sure if I agree with your assessment of strategic. Maybe just dumb luck, IMHO.

Either way, I am interested to see how this plays out.

I think that in this world of deeply intrenched corruption dumb luck is a high improbability.

I like the term that has been floated around known as 4D chess.

Good people want the guilty exposed and we shall continue to see more of this, I am with you on the interest of how it all plays out.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

What is really bothersome is that these people are top-level FBI, our most (formerly) trusted law organization in the country.

How can we trust a single word or move that they make or have made since they, at least, were put into those positions of power? Where and WHEN does it all end? Heads should be rolling and absolutely nothing happens as they slink off into retirement or a sweet job somewhere.

edit on 4-11-2017 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Call it 4d chess, dumb luck or any variant in-between. As long as people are being exposed for potential wrongdoings, I am all for it.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
The deep state is behind this "investigation", no one being investigated is actually a "leader" within the so-called "deep state", they are just pawns in the game. Politicians are owned by lobbyists, lobbyists are given money by those behind the scenes that we never hear about.

If anyone honestly thinks that these politicians are the masterminds then they are having a severe case of wishful thinking. Keep eating the bread and watching the circus though.

edit on 11/4/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: abago71

The FBI has begun turning over to Senate investigators hundreds of pages of memos regarding the bureau's probe into Hillary Clinton's private email server, sources told The Hill.

The sources said the Justice Department notified the Senate Judiciary Committee late Friday and the FBI began transmitting memos soon after to assist Congress in its review of former Director James Comey's handling of the Clinton email case.

The new documents being transmitted to the Senate Judiciary Committee are expected to shed light on how the FBI made those decisions, who was involved and whether the decision to clear Clinton was made before she was even interviewed by FBI agents in spring 2016.

The release came hours after the new documents came to light in a federal lawsuit showing exactly when FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe recused himself from the Clinton email investigation, which was codenamed "Mid Year." McCabe was forced to step aside due to questions about a possible conflict of interest involving hundreds of thousands of dollars of money that flowed to his wife's political campaign from a Clinton ally.

Those documents (below), released under a FOIA lawsuit to the conservative group Judicial Watch, show McCabe did not recuse himself from the long-running investigation until Nov. 1, 2016, just six days before the probe was officially ended and eight days before Donald Trump was elected president over Clinton.

By the time McCabe recused himself, he had supervised the case for months after becoming deputy director of the bureau in February 2016. The decision followed newspaper articles that specifically questioned whether he had a conflict of interest because his wife Jill's 2015 Virginia state Senate campaign had accepted nearly $700,000 from Clinton ally and Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe.

It took almost a year for this info to come out.

Why didn't McCabe recuse himself sooner?
Should he have?

I'm seriously asking as I don't know which way to take this.

McCabe being in until the end with the kind of connection he had to Hillary is a big no no....this is going to get nasty.

Burn Hillary Burn!

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

All part of the investigation into Comey, Lynch,
It is going to,come out that these people conspired to cover
Up a crime. Felonious!!

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Man I'm tired of reading about this.

new topics

top topics