It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New Basement Tapes - Kansas City - Marcus Mumford - Video share

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   
The New Basement Tapes was released in November 2014, but I just heard this song Kansas City off of the album (Lost on the River) a short time ago. It's sung by Marcus Mumford, lead singer/guitarist from Mumford And Sons - and it's awesome, no surprise there.

About The New Basement Tapes... there is a backstory as it pertains to Bob Dylan and where his lyrics of the songs from The New Basement Tapes album originated. The full story can be found here. but here's a snippet:

Lost On The River: The New Basement Tapes is a music event 47 years in the making. The album celebrates the discovery of never-seen Bob Dylan lyrics from that legendary 1967 period and marks a creative highpoint for the album’s participants – Burnett, Costello, Giddens, Goldsmith, James and Mumford – who have brought them to life nearly 50 years later. As Burnett explains, “What transpired during those two weeks was amazing for all of us. There was a deep well of generosity and support in the studio at all times, which reflected the tremendous trust and generosity shown by Bob in sharing these lyrics with us in the first place.

I've listened to a few songs from the album, and they were ok, but I'm a huge fan of Mumford And Sons, and Marcus kills it in this video of "Kansas City" (well, they all do), again, no surprise... Enjoy!

Yes, that's Johnny Depp

BONUS TRACK - "Believe" off of Mumford And Sons third studio album "Wilder Mind" (2015)

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
That was great! He's got such a powerful voice! Thanks for sharing. Love me some Mumford and Sons, or just Marcus.

join