It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creationist for the win,,, sorta

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

originally posted by: Milkweed
a reply to: Deaf Alien

But who/what turned on the light?

Another flash perhaps?

You mean theres more than one Big Bang?

Why not? We got ours, they got theirs, all Gods Chillun got Big Bangs.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22
I read about matter and anti matter. How they annihilate each other when they come into contact. As I recall the theory, they come into existence, pop pop pop all the time everywhere. And they do annihilate each other boom boom boom. For every bit of matter a bit of anti mater immediately comes along and boom. Perfectly symmetrical except for one small thing. The matter comes first before the antimatter. So what we have is that instant of matter before the next anti mater makes us go boom.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

One of the better vids explaining it from the electrical magnetic plasma ...

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I hold to this line of thinking, too.

We are all just simply part of the State of Everything -- even 'time' is part of the State of Everything.

AND central to the discussion on how the Universe came to be, is the Idea of Everything and the Idea of Nothing.

One Idea cannot exist without the other. But both Ideas have to exist...whether our Universe existed or not.

And those Ideas do exist...we all have these Ideas even if they are in our minds, alone.

In fact (and according to quantum mechanics), the State of Everything can only be defined by Observers with 'tools' that can define/measure.

Therefore, you can't have an Idea of Nothing without a State of Everything -- that can self-observe -- to define itself and therefore define the Idea of Nothing.

The State of Everything is self-observing. Time is just a necessary ingredient in the State of Everything to ensure that Observers are a part of it.

IOW, whether something happened 4 billion years ago...yesterday...November 4, 4017 -- the events were/are/and always will be a part of the State of Everything and that state is both instant and ongoing.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

The State of Everything is self-observing. Time is just a necessary ingredient in the State of Everything to ensure that Observers are a part of it.

One among a chest of pearls Mother. See my little green slogan at the bottom of my posts?

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I didn't even notice your signature when I wrote that!

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

a reply to: intrptr

That's an old argument. What barrier would stop rockets from continuing beyond the universe? That's assuming that the universe is unbounded. The universe could loop into itself though some space-time geometry.

Sorry about old Universes.

Eternity sounds boring to you?

If you're stuck with eternity it will get boring after a while.

Maybe not. Maybe it's very interesting and billion year old *beings* come up with great ways to keep themselves entertained.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

a reply to: nonspecific

But who created the creator of the creator?

The creator traveled back in time and created the creator of its creators Creator.
It all a time loop of causality with no definite beginning.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

edit on 4-11-2017 by SolAquarius because: BE SURE TO GET THE MOST OUT OF A DOUBLE POST

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined
a reply to: surfer_soul

I kind of agree, except there seems to be plenty of evidence that our known (material) universe began with the so called Big Bang.

So, what do you think of the fact that the Bible says that it will end with a great noise too?

2 Peter 3:10

10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

I wasn't aware it said such a thing in the bible, but if the universe came into existence through a Big Bang I don't see why it shouldn't end with one either.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf

originally posted by: surfer_soul

originally posted by: scojak

originally posted by: sputniksteve
a reply to: Bluntone22

You don't have to be a bible thumper to believe there was a creator. Just have to have common sense in my opinion

Where did the creator come from? Good luck answering that with common sense

The implication of a creator is that it is eternal. It has always been and always will be.

Illogical...

"The universe must have been created because it's too complex to have formed by itself. A creator must have done it. A creator is eternal, and needs no explanation."

You just push the goal posts back.. If god can be eternal, with no explanation or reasoning, just eternal, then the universe can have spontaneously expanded given the right circumstances.

I'm of the opinion it has done before, and will do again.

Illogical how so? Is it more logical to assume the universe came from nothing? What are the right circumstances you refer too, spontaneously expanded from what exactly? A singularity? If so what changed that triggered the singularity to spontaneously expand?
What even is this singularity that contained within it, the potential for everything else to form?

The reasoning and explanation for the creator being eternal are self evident in the argument who created the creator and so on, that's pushing the goal posts back. It's like asking what's beyond the infinite. There is nothing beyond, it just is. Clearly if the universe or the void it exists in is infinite, then so is that which Created it.

Think of it like this, If energy can neither be created or destroyed then it could be something like that, pure energy bound up in the space time continuum.

edit on 4-11-2017 by surfer_soul because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-11-2017 by surfer_soul because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Neither a supernova, or especially an airstrike, is capable of taking out the entire universe.

Where does it imply that?

Besides, you're seeing the world thru modern eyes, to the people that lived back then and saw that vision, to them, it certainly appeared their whole world was blowing up.

They had no idea about modern warfare, hi explosives, attack aircraft or aerial bombs.

If they were shown a connection between them, they might think the jet was an angel form God, the destruction, Gods Wrath...

now do the math.
edit on 4-11-2017 by intrptr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

a reply to: Deaf Alien

But who/what turned on the light?

Another flash perhaps?

You mean theres more than one Big Bang?

Why not? We got ours, they got theirs, all Gods Chillun got Big Bangs.

But we got the Biggest Bangs of them all...

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Nice try.

It's turtles all the way down...

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Neither a supernova, or especially an airstrike, is capable of taking out the entire universe.

It doesn't say the universe. Only the Earth and the "heaven".

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 04:49 AM
link   

I imagine that particular scientist is having a meeting with his boss right now and they are going over his credentials and reevaluating his position.

I imagine NOT.

Scientists don't get busted for asking questions they don't know the answer to... that is precisely their job.

But thanks for maintaining the general background noise of the internet. This place would be enjoyable and educational with out great posters like you.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

It doesn't say the universe. Only the Earth and the "heaven".

When the Bible talks about the "heaven" outside of the one that God personally lives in, it's referring to everything above the earth, not just the sky.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

I wasn't aware it said such a thing in the bible, but if the universe came into existence through a Big Bang I don't see why it shouldn't end with one either.

Exactly, which only goes to show you that the same creator who created the first bang will be the one to cause the last, as outlined in the Bible.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: sputniksteve

A church congregation is called a flock....lol

Ummm...why ever would one need a...church...in order to appreciate the obvious...

YouSir

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Ummm...if one is traveling by circular logic...then..."He created he him"...

YouSir

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join