It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creationist for the win,,, sorta

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

I forgot to add. A fully formed universe with no beginning.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

There could be infinite number of universes.

All one Universe. In your "signature" gif the alien hand is out stretched, reaching...

Imagine if you could stretch your hand beyond the atmosphere, the solar system, the galaxy, all the way to the furthest known point as seen in Hubble Deep Field(s)...

...there is no barrier out there to stop your hand, it continues on forever. If so, then the Universe must go on forever too. Whats to stop it, our imagination? The Universe has had forever to develop, so has life.

Here we are.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

originally posted by: Milkweed

Not far fetched if you put the same faith in a fully formed universe. ..

What do you mean faith in a fully formed universe? We're here aren't we? Besides the universe was not fully formed. It just evolved into what it is today. I suppose you could say that creator, whatever it is, was evolved as well.

Well assuming we evolved and that we are on the verge of creating AI then that seems logical to me.

Give it a few thousand years assuming we both survive and continue to advance and tell me there could not be biological entities on this or another planet to whom we are a creator.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Our Big Bang is the result of a star collapsing to a black hole in another previously created space-time dimension.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

That's an old argument. What barrier would stop rockets from continuing beyond the universe? That's assuming that the universe is unbounded. The universe could loop into itself though some space-time geometry.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul

originally posted by: scojak

originally posted by: sputniksteve

You don't have to be a bible thumper to believe there was a creator. Just have to have common sense in my opinion

Where did the creator come from? Good luck answering that with common sense

The implication of a creator is that it is eternal. It has always been and always will be.

It could be equally true for the universe.

I kind of agree, except there seems to be plenty of evidence that our known (material) universe began with the so called Big Bang.

However what is this void, this vacuum the physical universe exists in? Does it have limits, is there something beyond it? It too must be infinite as far as we can surmise. That's where science can't take us any further. That's the problem with absolute infinity, it does not compute.

I've heard Neil deGrasse Tyson talking about different levels of infinity in mathematical terms. But to be clear I am talking about absolute infinity.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I don't understand this paragraph...

To physics, this imbalance is weird. For example, there is no theoretical reason to think the universe should have, on average, an electrical charge, says A.W. Peet, professor of physics at the University of Toronto. So there should be equal numbers of electrons and anti-electrons (known as positrons). But there does not seem to be.

When comparing it against the statements of 1970 Nobel prize winner in Physics, Alfven...

In 1937 Alfvén argued that if plasma pervaded the universe, it could then carry electric currents capable of generating a galactic magnetic field. After winning the Nobel Prize for his works in magnetohydrodynamics, he emphasized that:

"In order to understand the phenomena in a certain plasma region, it is necessary to map not only the magnetic but also the electric field and the electric currents. Space is filled with a network of currents which transfer energy and momentum over large or very large distances. The currents often pinch to filamentary or surface currents. The latter are likely to give space, as also interstellar and intergalactic space, a cellular structure".

In 1974, his theoretical work on field-aligned electric currents in the aurora (based on earlier work by Kristian Birkeland) was confirmed by satellite observations, resulting in the discovery of Birkeland currents.

www.plasma-universe.com...

Alfven didn't have much faith in how astrophysicists were being taught either...

"A study of how a number of the most used textbooks in astrophysics treat important concepts such as double layers, critical velocity, pinch effects, and circuits is made. It is found that students using these textbooks remain essentially ignorant of even the existence of these concepts, despite the fact that some of them have been well known for half a century (e.g, double layers, Langmuir, 1929; pinch effect, Bennet, 1934)".

www.plasma-universe.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Our Big Bang is the result of a star collapsing to a black hole in another previously created space-time dimension.

Everything is so clear to me now.....lol

link   

You don't have to be a bible thumper to believe there was a creator. Just have to have common sense in my opinion

After the previous cosmos had evolved all sentient life into a unified consciousness, and it had ascended beyond the physical realm, it became as god, but by this time the cosmos had become so devoid of tangible matter, and had dispersed so infinitely away from itself, the void left behind ripped a point in the time space fabric, and the newly born god thought about it for a mere moment, and sparked into it, the expansion of everything we know today with a single thought. He promptly thought "Bloody hell, not again!" and accidentally turned himself into a rather bawdy poem, written into the code of everything.

"There once was a god from nantucket..."

link   

That's an old argument. What barrier would stop rockets from continuing beyond the universe? That's assuming that the universe is unbounded. The universe could loop into itself though some space-time geometry.

Sorry about old Universes.

Eternity sounds boring to you?

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

If you're stuck with eternity it will get boring after a while.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: sputniksteve

But of course you just happen to be a Bible thumper huh? Lol

Don't own a bible, don't pray, don't proselytize, didn't baptize my child, haven't been to church in 20 years. I guess you tell me.

link   

"Stuck" in your current 3D perspective, maybe.

Imagine what life was like in your mothers womb, then what it has been like since. Now imagine this "Life" is just another womb...

edit on 4-11-2017 by intrptr because: (Life)

link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

I kind of agree, except there seems to be plenty of evidence that our known (material) universe began with the so called Big Bang.

So, what do you think of the fact that the Bible says that it will end with a great noise too?

2 Peter 3:10

10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul

The implication of a creator is that it is eternal. It has always been and always will be.

Illogical...

"The universe must have been created because it's too complex to have formed by itself. A creator must have done it. A creator is eternal, and needs no explanation."

You just push the goal posts back.. If god can be eternal, with no explanation or reasoning, just eternal, then the universe can have spontaneously expanded given the right circumstances.

I'm of the opinion it has done before, and will do again.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

"Stuck" in your current 3D perspective, maybe.

Imagine what life was like in your mothers womb, then what it has been like since. Now imagine this is just another womb...

Oh believe me I've done imagined that plenty. We all could be eternal souls, being born billions of times.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

So, what do you think of the fact that the Bible says that it will end with a great noise too?

10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Sounds like a supernova.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

Thats called an airstrike...

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Neither a supernova, or especially an airstrike, is capable of taking out the entire universe.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

From what I read it appears that it's possible that our universe is STILL a flash, just from our perspective it's a looooong flash.

I hold to that kinda of. The Big Bang is not over and we are in the middle of it right now. Like we think that in a Black Hole, time slows down to next to nothing and any human experiences of it from with in (were it even possible) would take eternities to experience a blink of an eye. So if this, here and now, could be anything like that, this, here and now, though it seems long ages to us is really just a flash, a pop of existence. Like a bubble in a freshly poured stein of beer.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join