It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Supporters Let The Russians Win

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
I personally think that with the amount of massive resources that Russia put into this their influence on the election would have been enough to sway some of those valuable electoral collage votes over to Trump.

I personally think that's what they wanted everyone to believe is what happened and they succeeded beyond their imagination. Now every elections will have doubts as to whether the Russians tampered with it in some capacity even though the most likely had minimal to no effect.

I want to meet one person who said, 'I voted for X becasue of what I read on Facebook'. Just one.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Uh, I didn't watch your 13 min video of "Hillary Lying", but if you watch trump at one of his many "rallys" you can watch him praise himself and lie for over an hour.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I'd say from ....say 2014 until around 2015 and a half, Putin was viewed as a pretty good guy, someone we in the US might be able to deal with to our mutual benefit. I'm certainly not alone in thinking this. President Trump pretty well put an end to that, yes not so bad as to cause hostilities. Putin's push to recapture missing parts of the Soviet Union sort of soured that, though the timing was perfect for Putin. 0bama was a weak ineffective US leader that was unlikely to protest beyond an irritated oratory.

As for the Russians influencing the election...... in reality everyone , every nation had some small part. Even losers like Venezuela or Cuba. Brexit was paramount for you, Greece was crumbling, Spain was in disarray, it was a mess in Europe, except for Russia which seemed to be insulated and had already survived a collapse and rebuilt from the ashes like a Phoenix. Putin and Russia seemed a possible ally in the climate then. All my opinions.

I would worry much more about SOROS, the wreaker of whole economies. Now there's a villain, not Putin or Trump

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: NoFearsEqualsFreeMan

Got any solutions then?

I just asked that very question.

How does a democracy protect itself from these kind of influences.

I think what you say about transparency is very important, if politicians don't have any skeletons hiding under their beds then thats really going help.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

If you look at the data from the election...Trump surpassed Hillary in the 45 and older age bracket. And the younger voters leaned towards Hillary. The people who overwhelmingly voted for Trump are the people who watch and get their news from the MSM.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Good point. I've been a Trump supporter before they came up with the Russian BS. When I heard about it, I thought it was a good thing to expose Hillary as a criminal
and her party as the most corrupted and twisted.

It wouldn't make a difference if were Bolivians instead of Russians.

Intersting post.

Just to be totally clear, I do not believe that Russia influenced all Trump supporters.

I know that there will be many like you who voted for him because you liked his policies or perhaps you were just fed up with the political establishment.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Want to see an actual agreement with Russians during an election?
If trump had done this the snowflake progressives would throw us all in jail for voting republican...
Which they might try anyhow if given the chance...

-Chris

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Well your wrong. The majority of Americans still watch their local news and national news. The younger generations are online...and still voted Hillary.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

a reply to: NoFearsEqualsFreeMan

Got any solutions then?

I just asked that very question.

How does a democracy protect itself from these kind of influences.

I think what you say about transparency is very important, if politicians don't have any skeletons hiding under their beds then thats really going help.

And i actually answered that, inform and educate people, and they wont believe lies, but when everybody lies you got a problem...

I think, that if a country/goverment are honest and transparent in what they do, it wouldnt be possible for other goverments to interfere in an election, because of well educated and informed people. But that is NOT what we see. I think the reason Trump won, was because the other opponent was using terror (the use of fear to further youre political or religious ideas) instead of talking about solutions and what she wanted to do with the country. It was all "let Trump win, and we all go to hell/do this or else..." He actually had ideas, and solutions, although I dont always agree with them, it is better than a terrorist, using fear to make us vote for her...

edit on 4 11 2017 by NoFearsEqualsFreeMan because: (no reason given)

Exactly, and i think that is all it takes

edit on 4 11 2017 by NoFearsEqualsFreeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
This is the type of reaction I would expect from a drunken liberal. This is what you get when your only news source is CNN.a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Milkweed

Well your wrong. The majority of Americans still watch their local news and national news. The younger generations are online...and still voted Hillary.

What so people over 45 don't use Facebook?

I really do understand what you are saying.

However I think that the kind of analysis about voter demographics requires a bit more information.

Honestly though these days I think its pretty much accepted that most people get their news online.

link   

link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I personally think that with the amount of massive resources that Russia put into this their influence on the election would have been enough to sway some of those valuable electoral collage votes over to Trump.

I personally think that's what they wanted everyone to believe is what happened and they succeeded beyond their imagination. Now every elections will have doubts as to whether the Russians tampered with it in some capacity even though the most likely had minimal to no effect.

I want to meet one person who said, 'I voted for X becasue of what I read on Facebook'. Just one.

Did you see those ads? They were so terrible I guarentee they did not influence anyone. They were mostly broken English nonsense supporting hot button topics like gun control or the border wall. They did not convince anyone to vote for someone.

And they reached 0.004 percent of the facebook audience - even if they had been 100 percent effective - and a very good ad is only 2 percent effective at best - this could not have swung any state.

link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

You lost, and you helped them lose.
But he had help or was manipulated by the big "P" himself . Don't forget that when pokemon puts his mind to taking over a country or the world there is no stopping him . He is called the anti-Christ in the Bible ...you can read all about him there

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
When we take this personal, discussion becomes moot.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   

a reply to: nonspecific

If you look at the data from the election...Trump surpassed Hillary in the 45 and older age bracket. And the younger voters leaned towards Hillary. The people who overwhelmingly voted for Trump are the people who watch and get their news from the MSM.

EXCUSE ME,I am over 60 and I NEVER listen to MSM! I also voted for Trump and would do so again!
I didn't want that brain damaged witch in the White House!

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
When we take this personal, discussion becomes moot.

cc. Posts made on page one.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: proximo
Did you see those ads?

No, which I guess helps demonstrates how ineffective they were.

People are going to question every election moving forward even if, like this one, nothing major was influenced by Russia.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Of course not 100% of people over 45 watch MSM.
I never claimed so.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

But what gives Russia the monopoly on this tactic? it is not like htey can patent it is it?

As we are all aware nations have been influencing policical decisions in other nations forever and this is just another method that Russia used first.

Again another really good point.

As I mentioned previously in a response to another member, America has been well known for taking steps to play kingmaker in other states over the years using various methods.

They done it before they could do it again, they could learn from what Russia has done to them and recreate it in a why that is in their national interests.

But then how far does this go before it destroys democracy?

Why is it OK for the MSM to try and sway the election in favor of Hillary?

All media (or most media) carries a bias.

There is a difference between putting a political spin on a story and deliberately creating fake news, hacking, social media manipulation and so on.

For example, sure CNN might have been supporting Hillary, but Fox was supporting Trump.

I think freedom of the press is imported in a democracy.

There is a difference in my view between exercising the right to freedom of the press and freedom of speech with a hostile state using espionage to influence a election in their favour.

The far greater threat is the Media telling us what to believe with their own bias towards one side or the other.

Even worse is the censorship we see with FB, Google, Twitter and YouTube to stymie thoughts they don't like, so they just make them vanish.

Twitter is boasting about how it blocked 50% of the #DNCLEAK posts, like we all should be proud of them for that.

Compare Google searches vs other engines fo Political stuff and you can see it in action.

YouTube deems a Ron Paul video , for example, not worth monetizing for what exact reason?

Facebook "trending news" was a joke this past election.

Anytime a large media business gets to decide what they want you to see or not see, you should be extremely concerned.

Do no evil, my ass.......

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join