It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Supporters Let The Russians Win

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+50 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   
With the recent arrests in the Mueller investigation I think that there is something that has to be said, its quite a obvious point but not one I have seen discussed. First lets just take away the whole idea of Russian collusion. While yes I do believe there there is more to be revealed from the ongoing investigations for now lets pretend that there was no collusion, none, nobody from the Trump campaign had any contact with any Russians or persons linked to Russia.

If we take this approach, there is still one massive problem, its now abundantly clear and has been for quite some time that the Russians influenced the campaign. They fought was I think could be regarded as the most successful misinformation war in history. They used various tactics such as hacking, advertising and social media manipulation to undermine the Democratic Party and actively promote Trump as the ideal presidential candidate.

I don’t see any point in going over everything that we already know, I think it is fair to say that the Russians influenced this election. Yet I already know who will deny this, the Trump supporters and then the question has to be why they deny this in the face of such overwhelming evidence.

I think the answer is quite simple, they were duped.

Trumps supporters have fell for this massive Russian propaganda campaign in the most spectacular way possible and as a result the desired outcome for the Kremlin has been achieved. All because Trumps supporters permitted themselves, through their hate of liberal ideals and the Democrats to be willingly influenced by the Russians and essentially let the Russians sway the election.

Trumps supporters have enabled the Russians to do what was previously unthinkable, they have aloud them to win, they have won, they got their guy into the Whitehouse, their candidate won. Trump was as much a candidate of the Republican Party as she was the Kremlin, collusion or no collusion for the Russians having Trump in the Whitehouse was always going to be the best outcome.

Not only that they have now demonstrated that with enough resources and know how they can influence even the most powerful democracy and bend it to their will. All because Trump supporters could not see through the Russian propaganda machine.

You guys let the Russians win regardless if there was collusion or not.
edit on 4-11-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Firstly I would suggest you hide behind the sofa and put a saucepan on your head for protection as you have some big shizzle coming at you for this

Secondly is there really any way of knowing that whatever happened was enough to make a difference? Would Trump have been elected without any interference from the outside?

God speed.

+53 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

You lost, and you helped them lose.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I was watching some of the RT network yesterday. And, it's shocking how they're not even subtle about how they are pumping out pro-Russia propaganda all the time.

Even more shocking that it works.

But yes, the Russian's are definitely driving this hatred of liberalism thing that the alt-right have gleefully picked up.

Which again I don't understand, because liberalism in this context means freedom. So quite why so many people are so cheerfully against the ideals of freedom, I do not understand. Except they've somehow been programmed with the concept that freedom is bad, authority is good.

+10 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
The Russians meddled, yes. But not in favor of Trump. They meddled to stir the pot. Trump just happened to win and now the losers are blaming Russia.

(post by Arnie123 removed for a manners violation)
+17 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Russians or not, doesn't change the sincerity of the people who voted Trump. Every issue he stood for is held dear by his supporters. This is something very few people seem to realise.

Even now, people are writing articles attributing his success to Russia alone. It's like no lessons are being learned! Trump could quit right now and it won't make any of the issues go away.

+29 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   

You're right.

You are so right.

I wail in despair every day that I don't have your wisdom and insight.

Thank you, thank you for having such infinite patience to show us the error of our ways.

For the rest of my limited time here on earth I will humble myself to your brilliance and hope that one day you find worthiness in such like myself.

You are so great and wonderful.

+22 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

I think what you're missing is that Trump supporters were always going to be Trump supporters because they were never going to be Hillary supporters. You don't need the Russians to make you like him and hate her (or vice versa), they do a good job of that on their own.

link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Don't worry I have a sturdy couch to hide behind if things get too rough.

Secondly is there really any way of knowing that whatever happened was enough to make a difference? Would Trump have been elected without any interference from the outside?

Intersting question.

I don't think its possible to answer it fully because we cannot say how people would have voted if it where not for the Russian interference, the Russians done this in the Ukraine in 2014, they used propaganda to influence a election. I read somewhere this week that the Russians were responsible for something like 120 million social media posts over the course of the campaign, thats a massive amount of free publicity for Trump. Lets not forget other actions like hacking and so on.

In my view Russian influence was enough to tip America into voting for Trump.

But yes I do take your point and it is well made.

link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
You're an idiot, 'nuff said.

Well thats the end of that discussion then.

+9 more 
link   
a reply to: Painterz

You don't understand because you're WRONG. The fact that the leftist cult will always continue to give each other pats on the back over BS threads such as this is proof of the delusions liberals experience everyday.

Liberalism means freedom? meaning, erase history, throw tantrums when losing and blindly assert opinion as fact? Absolutely not.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I think what you're missing is that Trump supporters were always going to be Trump supporters because they were never going to be Hillary supporters. You don't need the Russians to make you like him and hate her (or vice versa), they do a good job of that on their own.

Something that I always find quite difficult with ATS is that ATS represents a very small proportion of the population.

It has a predominately right leaning membership who also lean toward conspiracy and as such strong mistrust of government so in terms of our community on ATS, yes you do have a very good point. However I think for the wider electorate not so much.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

I have to agree with that but what about the gullable middle ground?

If they did interfere to the level claimed they must have thought it was worth considerable investment.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   

well thank you for that analysis.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

Never a discussion to be had, did you read the OP? did you assess the history of the author in regards to Trump?
These threads require a simple response for simple mindedness OP, its that simple.

+18 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Russia didn't make me vote for Trump, Hillary Clinton did!

It's as simple as that. Hillary is just that bad.

You need to accept that Hillary is the reason Trump won. Seriously!

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   

If they did interfere to the level claimed they must have thought it was worth considerable investment.

Destabilising a world power and rival is worth a few million dollars. Cheap at twice the price!

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   

I have to agree with that but what about the gullable middle ground?

I think the people in the middle are the most informed voters out there since they don't abide by the two party paradigm.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Never a discussion to be had, did you read the OP? did you assess the history of the author in regards to Trump?
These threads require a simple response for simple mindedness OP, its that simple.

I disagree.

From your perspective there is no discussion because you have already made up your mind to defend to the end your own personal beleifs and nothing will change that.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join