It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is there political dissent?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I saw some topic on using Artificial Intelligence to try and counter political decent somewhere recently. If someone can point me to that thread, cool. Eventually AI is going to be applied to all common issues. When it comes to reading postcodes in the mail it does do a better job than the average human, that was years ago. AI does need to be trained and directed. As with any tool it is going to do what it is made to do.

As for political dissent, JFK, 9/11 and the syndicate of fraud and corruption that many of our leaders present is a clear direction to screw everyone we can for a few bucks. Well done the deep, dark state to provide some clear and direct guidance to the public as to how to be a self obsessed ass.

But despite all this depraved pity, Trump is shining some light on things like integrity, honesty and decency. Things that set a positive example for our leadership and social direction. Cultural change does take generations. Without so much double speak and two faced talking heads, a stronger constitution in our leaders and direction will trickle down to a stronger community moral.
edit on 11.4.2017 by Kandinsky because: Fixed the typo from decent to dissent. I can change it again if it's not the word you meant to use.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev
The world has never been a place of the political decent

Decent

conforming with generally accepted standards of respectable or moral behavior.

Google Defs

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

you got the def of a different word. google eye doctor.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   

I think Trump will go out with a bang next year amidst cheers and tears. That doesn't mean his Presidency will have been a waste or a mistake imo. In some ways, he's the sacrificial lamb whose ending will bring about the end of many others.

We'd never have known about Dems paying for dossiers without Trump. In their rush to hang him out, they were hoist by their own petard lol. It's like the gloating about Weinstein's Dem credentials too. As fast as the Right were jeering that, they were shamed by O'Reilly. As soon as Hollywood was cast as a villain, Fox News was shown to endorse the same climate of sexual exploitation by their big names.

Personally, I'll be glad to see the whole house of cards burn down. The so-called 'swamp' is up to everyone's necks; it's absolutely not a one-sided thing. They're all throwing boulders from their glass houses. How many more mixed-metaphors can I use here lol??

You get my drift. I say f*** them all on both sides. The sooner the old guard go away the better.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: luke1212
a reply to: Gothmog

you got the def of a different word. google eye doctor.

to try and counter political decent

Perhaps I should forget you posted that reply and you should take your own advice
I am in a kind of a forgive and forget mood today. Consider yourself blessed. For now.

edit on 11/4/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/4/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

I see Trump going on for 8 years, will take him about 3 years to get into the grove of his current trade. Clinton was already covered in mud before the last election. Yeah the deep state, msm, cover up bla bla bla. The cleaning out of all these pedo abusing bullies is a good start to building a more stable and moral foundation.

I do not want to see it all burn down, the stone age sucks bad. But there is a lot of dirt and cob webs than need to be blown out.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Just looking at his plummeting approval ratings says he won't be around for two terms. He'd need a 9/11 followed by a war to lift those ratings. I'm in a cynical mood today.

When I say 'burn,' I really mean a severe house cleaning. There are generations of swamp monsters in there and it's an ecosystem feeding lobbyists, media barons, senators, staffers etc. Getting rid of as many as possible will be a great gift to the future.

I guess we see Trump differently, but we have very similar hopes for his usefulness. I'm hoping he takes as many down with him as possible. You want him to hang in for 8 years and take as many down as possible.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Just looking at his plummeting approval ratings says he won't be around for two terms. He'd need a 9/11 followed by a war to lift those ratings. I'm in a cynical mood today.

When I say 'burn,' I really mean a severe house cleaning. There are generations of swamp monsters in there and it's an ecosystem feeding lobbyists, media barons, senators, staffers etc. Getting rid of as many as possible will be a great gift to the future.

I guess we see Trump differently, but we have very similar hopes for his usefulness. I'm hoping he takes as many down with him as possible. You want him to hang in for 8 years and take as many down as possible.

Yes, because it’s so hard to poll a majority of Dems and get the results you want to report...right? I have never been polled in my life (59) and I have voted in every major and mid-term election since I was 18 (1976). Throughout my life I have managed to control access to my time with unlisted phone numbers, no call lists, and being very judicious with where I hand out contact info. There are millions and millions of voters that do the same thing. Why do you think most polls are only 500-700 people, give or take? Plus it is very likey the SJWs will answer such a call, the rest of us are working or busy with our families.

Now, while I don't necessarily want current POTUS for a second term (will depend on the options), I would recommend you very carefully thinking through that polls wii automatically mean no second term for current POTUS. After all, isn’t that how the Queen (aka leader of the Clinton Cartel) missed her Coronation last November?

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

....what?

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev
I

But despite all this depraved pity, Trump is shining some light on things like integrity, honesty and decency.

Well Trump is certainly is shining some light on himself for the lack of things like integrity, honesty and decency, if that's what you mean. I really don't see the point of the OP if you are just attempting to elevate Trump in some way because it just means you have a bias, which is not the same as asking questions about political dissent

Thing is, politicos are just as varied people as the rest of us, just like your neighbour that borrowed your lawnmower 10 years ago, and hasn't finished with it yet, or the other neighbour who will give you a drop of coffee when you run out.
The real trouble is ordinary people who sit there and look and what's happening to how their country's being run, often callously by their government, but can only blame the 'other' crowd because they would choke on the idea of the 'other' crowd that might want to do some good, at the end of the day that helps nobody.

As Trump has shown, you don't want, or need those crazies that trail Trump like Bannon and Yiannopolous...(when it suits) who are intelligent enough to know how crazy government has become, but who don't want to reform government, but want to make world war just for their own agenda.

Maybe eating a little humble pie now and again would help.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Trump is shining some light on things like integrity, honesty and decency. Things that set a positive example for our leadership and social direction.

sorry, are you talking about DONALD trump? the guy with the fluffy orange hair? the 'you're fired' guy?

are you from one of those mandela effect universes?

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
What it is one side of the political party has been making up false story's and they are being portrayed as the truth,it's pretty much the educated,versus then uneducated,the ones who get all their news,while watching their reality shows,problem is they don't understand reality

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
What it is one side of the political party has been making up false story's and they are being portrayed as the truth,it's pretty much the educated,versus then uneducated,the ones who get all their news,while watching their reality shows,problem is they don't understand reality

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

I've been trying to pinpoint the moment when the country became so intolerant of each other's political differences. I've found the beginning of it, but it has continued on and on until now.

Trump gives "permission" to hate each other, and be violent towards one another. "Casting decency" my ass. Watch him work. Spread the hatred and division! And the fanboys eat it up.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

We'd never have known about Dems paying for dossiers without Trump. In their rush to hang him out, they were hoist by their own petard lol.

You get my drift. I say f*** them all on both sides. The sooner the old guard go away the better.

I agree with the last sentence, but nobody should be surprised about the dossier, and given that it was started by some Republican, and then given to the FBI by whomever...seemingly John Mcain, does it actually matter who paid for it? since everybody knew about it, in government at least...It didn't seem to make much difference to the electoral college actors did it?...what a useless bit of kit that is these days anyway, notwithstanding that the dossier is still being considered now, and until someone elligible enough is able to stand up and say that it's all made up, then you could argue that the Dems were right to have the whole thing explored...the government would have been right to do the same. After all, it was Trump who told the Ruskies to go and break in to the DNC/Hillary/American government whatever..pretty much a treasonous act yet no one went after Trump for that that did they...Och! ah yes, it was just Trump rhetoric, that's allowed, yet and all that, the 'rhetoric' had real effects.

It seems to me the two incidences were as making fish out of one, and flesh out of the other, and that sums it up.
I do think it's time though, that everybody moved on, and being less dewy eyed about their party's politics.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: luke1212

thats indecent of yoo

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

It's getting to the point where politicians (their parties too) need to either stop the negative PR or concede they'll get what they give out. Social media karma is a terrible beast and most of them don't seem to have noticed lol.

What pissed me off with the dossier was human nature in general and the Dems in particular. The human nature aspect was how willing people were to spread the water sports story when it looked like utter bollocks. I'm not gunning at the Dem supporters on their own either; too many Trump supporters spread equally BS stories about HRC.

The Dems thing got under the skin because they knew they'd bought it and sat back watching someone else get the blame. You're right about Trump being as bad because he stood up and literally requested that Russia release the Hillary emails he believed had been hacked. Who's stupid enough to support espionage against their own country? Asking the enemy agents for help took it to another level altogether.

I do think it's time though, that everybody moved on, and being less dewy eyed about their party's politics.

Amen. At least we've had the Blair experience to inoculate us against the saviours, messiahs and BSers in politics.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

a reply to: smurfy

The Dems thing got under the skin because they knew they'd bought it and sat back watching someone else get the blame. You're right about Trump being as bad because he stood up and literally requested that Russia release the Hillary emails he believed had been hacked. Who's stupid enough to support espionage against their own country? Asking the enemy agents for help took it to another level altogether.

Amen. At least we've had the Blair experience to inoculate us against the saviours, messiahs and BSers in politics.

Yes, pretty much what I get out of it all. There are some pretty horrible people in parliament much the same as in the US, people just need to accept that, and keep a weather eye open..and don't miss any good reporting when it does come along, that's when things can really happen, because the real truth is always the first casualty.
on the day of 911, a Blair staffer was overheard saying to someone in the Blair/Brown cabinet, This is a good time to bury bad news" Brown wasn't too pleased with that, but it got out and bang, she was gone rather than perhaps a ticking off...why she said it I don't know, there wasn't much bad news on the home front then anyway.

Today, the girl that reported Fallon for being touchy feely is now being called out by the right wing of the Tory press as just mudslinging, a way to keep her job under May which was supposed to be under threat...who knows what the truth is there, since both her and the press could be telling the truth, but for different reasons.

...oh and have one of my cashews!
edit on 4-11-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

As for political dissent

But despite all this depraved pity, Trump is shining some light on things like integrity, honesty and decency. Things that set a positive example for our leadership and social direction. Cultural change does take generations. Without so much double speak and two faced talking heads, a stronger constitution in our leaders and direction will trickle down to a stronger community moral.youtu.be...

new topics

top topics

join