It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God is our witness in quantum mechanics

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Question: If tree falls down in the forest and no one is around to hear did it make a noise?

Answer: If no one is around to hear it the forest does not exist.

We are Gods way of creating reality through our observer experiences. God's existence is shown in our experience of the laws of physics.

Who or what chooses the state of reality for a crystal:

"Information" or "NOT INFORMATION!"

The golden ratio is God's signature. So which is it: Materialism, or, are we being brought into a reality experience by a quantum God from the future?

edit on 4-11-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Very interesting. I wonder what all the implications of this finding are?

It's a totally different frame of reference.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

or, are we being brought into a reality experience by a quantum God from the future?

What if it was a god of the past, who is now silent, left this part of the Universe awhile back?

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

or, are we being brought into a reality experience by a quantum God from the future?

What if it was a god of the past, who is now silent, left this part of the Universe awhile back?

Wouldn't a 'god' bound by temporality and spacetime not be a god?

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Cool stuff ...Looks like the ancients were on to this a long time ago . My mind is wondering about how to put the pyramids and the symbology found in Egypt into this new frame of reference . Heading back to be to see what I can find :>) thanks OP

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Of course the tree would make sounds. Do you know what sounds are? They are not dependent on someone being there.

Oh and instead of studying what quantum mechanics actually is, lets watch some youtube videos made by people who don't know what QM is.

QM explains what material is. It is not the end of materialism. The universe existed way before any living thing was here to observe it.
edit on 4-11-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Consciousness itself denies the primacy of materialism as any sort empirical truth.

Weightless, massless, non-materialistic, yet responsible for all of civilization and civilization's accomplishments----Consciousness itself, especially our "self-aware" consciousness that allows us the facility for abstract thought, rips "Scientific Materialism" moot from the outset.

Consciousness itself negates hard materialism by it's very existence.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

The universe existed way before any living thing was here to observe it.
How do you know that ? Just imagine another conscious being living in another dimension . Unseen to us of course but there never the less . Using a different type math it could make it clear . We use different types of math in science today to prove things we cant see and believe they exist without any prof other then the math and the original hunch that they did .

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   

the things we create simply because we don't know. it's remarkable.

now why does God need to go through all this again? for what reason

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

now why does God need to go through all this again? for what reason
I think you are missing it because you kind of say that God has a need . Try imagining another reason as to why .

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

This is funny stuff. Thanks for the laugh....... we are gods.....LMAO

100% gnosticism.....

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

we are gods
a reply to: DeathSlayer

I believe we are.
Just as tube feet are components of a Star fish, so are we a component of CREATOR. We perambulate for GOD; we experience new and wonderful things all the time.....We are CREATOR GODS. Just look around.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

I believe we are. Just as tube feet are components of a Star fish, so are we a component of CREATOR. We perambulate for GOD; we experience new and wonderful things all the time.....We are CREATOR GODS. Just look around.
I look at it as a already but not yet .We kind of know it but haven't entered into the realm of eternity yet .

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1
It's amnesia...

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
This idea about the inextricably tied connection between the observer and the observed reality or object, leading directly to the recognition that the individual's perception and subject/object relationship arises and resides imbedded within the mind of God, and must be, was deduced by Rene Descartes in a simple thought experiment which began with the presupposition "I think therefore I am".

It's the exact same thing but as a philosophical deductive reasoning when considering the objective reality of any observed object as being consciousness dependant to have it's own reality.

I studied it hard one summer as a teen, and it wasn't easy, but I grokked it.

This takes that notion a step further still, by saying that you can't have one without the other, meaning that all arises in consciousness and in particular, that of a Godhead, within which we are included as participants, and apart from which there is nothing.

All is God. To be is to be perceived.

In this kind of re-frame, it might be important or helpful to consider what all the implications of this are in terms of responsibility and mutual commitments and obligations to one another and to the world at large and to God who's gifted the opportunity and the possibility that is life?

What would that kind of well reasoned ethos look like?

Might the golden rule flow out of it directly? along with the adage that we must forgive as we are forgiven?

Probably goes a little deeper than "just be a good guy and ignore the rest because the idea of God makes me uncomfortable".

What I've always found problematic with the atheist viewpoint is it's lack of courage and imagination, even the simple willingness and open-mindedness to consider things more deeply as Descartes did when considering the objective reality of an apple.

Further, it's ire and seething snarkiness towards any and all arguments in favor of God, and it's contemptuous bias prior to any investigation or consideration, is quite pathetic, particularly when they ask only for a material representation or proof of an external God that must be revealed before their eyes. It's ridiculous! lol

"There is a principal which serves as a bar against all information and proof against all arguments, and that cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance. That principal is called, contempt, prior to investigation."
~ Herbert Spencer, Scientist

edit on 4-11-2017 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

The universe existed way before any living thing was here to observe it.
How do you know that ? Just imagine another conscious being living in another dimension . Unseen to us of course but there never the less . Using a different type math it could make it clear . We use different types of math in science today to prove things we cant see and believe they exist without any prof other then the math and the original hunch that they did .

If i have to imagine it, what is the point? Why not imagine something else? Why not imagine a universe that is bound by natural laws? At least there is pretty solid evidence of this. Why invent an imaginary scenario/being that has no empirical evidence to lead you to that conclusion? Just because you can imagine it, doesn't make it so.

Math is evidence!! The only reason you doubt it is because it doesn't lead people to your imagination.

Math? Are you really questioning the efficacy of math to push your imaginary being theory?
edit on 4-11-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Watch this vid to come up to speed..

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 02:35 AM
link   
The only thing I know about a tree that falls in the woods with no one around to hear is the things are going to happen and we need not be there to delight.
Hence god is and does and moreso on his own. Without us. We are all idiots. So our lot has trees that fall with no around to guess what that noise was. And to add insult to injury... God has compassion. For in our lot.... We have all that was best for us. Even though we destroy it with no one true loving God to care for our recklessness. We all suck very hard. Wasting time talking of a good that has no stake on a gift he has awarded. No backsies. Just like the tree in the forest. Let us be done with God and promote the existence of the idiot. That, in our hopes, we never have to reply to this thread again.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

As in the world, there are gods and Gods. We allow them to arise and allow them to decline. For example a Christian doesn't invoke Thor, so depending on the faith of the Christians towards a common goal their god may grant them their boon.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Just pause and consider; with QM throwing out materialism, we can now slip some god/gods back into discussions.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join