It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ninmah and the sailors bonnet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   
A true(ish) story, back in the 16th Century the fiddle was often used as an accompaniment for peasant performers to dance?It was however unfortunately in the afterglow of the Protestant Reformation and Catholic Counter-Reformation, so many dancers got denounced. The devil got the blame. It upset him at first but after a short, while he picked up his fiddle and started to string the opening notes of the Irish fiddle tune Caiḋp An Ṁairnéalaċ - The Sailors Bonnet -
www.youtube.com...
The devil started to smile again.
Please excuse me as Im a mind of compleatly useless information old folk poems and songs. Poems like the Lugale anyone else read it? It's a great story but it got me thinking - did Ninmah create Eve or was she created by a pupil of hers - Dna extraction from rib bone marrow in order to create alife ain't a easy thing to learn!

edit on 3-11-2017 by DpatC because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-11-2017 by DpatC because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DpatC

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   

The devil started to smile again.

That's some fiddle playing!

Here's some more, not as good but it has lyrics and is sort of on point.

did Ninmah create Eve
No. The translation says that Namma made man and, in celebration, Enki and Ninmah had a beer blast. They got wasted and got into a creative pissing match. Enki claimed that no matter how messed up a creation Ninmah could come up with, he (Enki) could find a useful purpose for it so that it could earn its "daily bread".

Enki and Ninmah drank beer, their hearts became elated, and then Ninmah said to Enki: "Man's body can be either good or bad and whether I make a fate good or bad depends on my will."

After 6 tries, with Enki succeeding each time, Ninmah gave up. Enki then produced a real mess (I won't go into the details of how) that Ninmah could find no use for. Enki won the pissing match.

Enki won by creating a dreadful, horribly deformed creature.

Enki devised a shape with head, …… and mouth in its middle, and said to Ninmah: "Pour ejaculated semen into a woman's womb, and the woman will give birth to the semen of her womb." Ninmah stood by for the newborn ……. and the woman brought forth …… in the midst ……. In return (?), this was Umul: its head was afflicted, its place of …… was afflicted, its eyes were afflicted, its neck was afflicted. It could hardly breathe, its ribs were shaky, its lungs were afflicted, its heart was afflicted, its bowels were afflicted. With its hand and its lolling head it could not not put bread into its mouth; its spine and head were dislocated. The weak hips and the shaky feet could not carry (?) it on the field -- Enki fashioned it in this way.

etcsl.orinst.ox.ac.uk...#

Of the Sumerian gods, I more revere Ninkasi over either Enki or Ninmah.

edit on 11/3/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   
The beat, like the rain patting gently on the paving stones.
That pulse so much like the human heart beating
in and out of time.
The fiddle like the tears running
down my smiling face.
What disgrace did we usher in
when we forgot to love of our kin.
Far from regret, we start to live
once again.
My dears free from sin.

Eliberocelta full moon Nov 2017

edit on 4-11-2017 by ancientthunder because: M