It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN warning that we are now on course for 3C of global warming

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Nathan-D

me too....you're good

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Navieko

How much more research?
Before it's more clear?

When the bastards taking the readings do so without an agenda and a pencil to change figures when they don't suit the message.

The first hard part to get over is that society no longer trusts science because science is a whore available to the highest bidder.

That is when.

P

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I must be reading the wrong inbox reports, all I read is temperatures are dropping, ice is rising, and polar bears are breading like crazy, and the oceans stopped rising in the 60's !
I could list but the mods might not like it. and its quite a long list, take me a couple of days to wait for them to show in my inbox.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

My thoughts on GW are along the lines that Climate change is a naturally occurring part of our planet's evolution. It seems "All" countries are causing a quickening of events. I really have stayed out of the arguments, but yeah, just wanted to respond to your post.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Plenty of time to build concrete buttresses.

and settle your legal issues.

The Netherlands may spend hundreds of billions of dollars to climate-proof its shores. And their coastline is only the size of Massachusetts and Connecticut combined. Do the math...

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: VengefulGhost

corrupt, i agree but that doesn't mean the research is bad. the issue has been brought to your attention...how u react is yours. peace out

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Here is a whole bunch for ya - sealevel.climatecentral.org...

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

on a silver platter? florida has plans to ABANDON entire communities, towns, Fiji is moving 40 villages and Newport Beach CA is flooding w/ every high tide. if one can't b bothered to read the article, would u read a report? sheesh

here, one small sample of issues at hand...norfolk virginia slowly being submerged...www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: CreationBro

don't WORRY...worry is useless; adapt, have a plan...pick up and move if u have to. at least be prepared.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

tis' true...and she's preparing to alleviated some sore spots through deep tissue, hot rock massage and exfoliation!

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

indeed

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: RogueWaterC1

My slant is that, over the last 18+ yrs, increased volcanic activity under Antarctica is causing a normal, periodic melting and we are here now to experience it. More fresh water is desalinating the oceans and causing more atmospheric moisture resulting in higher cloud coverage. This will reduce sunlight and wreak havoc in the following years. Plus we have many active volcanoes (this past September/October was amazing to say the least watchers.news... ), spewing all sorts of stuff into the air. We are slipping into a mini-ice age; more heat, more cold, more extremes in everything. And then, spring will come
I live in CA but we're heading to north Texas for 2 years and then New Mexico.

This is expected to be a severe winter...and it seems to have started.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevenjames15

gr8 find! i found this pretty quickly:

Sea-level rise due to both climate change and non-climatic factors threatens coastal settlements, infrastructure, and ecosystems. Projections of mean global sea-level (GSL) rise provide insufficient information to plan adaptive responses; local decisions require local projections that accommodate different risk tolerances and time frames

large metro areas will be a mess unless they are planning, people are losing their homes in places like Santa Cruz and Pacifica because of erosion.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
The Earth is entering its fifth year of slowed rotation. Scientists predict an uptick in destructive quakes next year and worse if rotation continues to slow:

the trend over the past century suggests that 2018 will be an unusually active year for earthquakes. Typically, there will be 15-20 large earthquakes (M 7.0 or greater). However, during the noted uptick in earthquakes aligning to the 5th year of Earth's rotation slowdown there are on average 25-30 large earthquakes.

www.forbes.com... 24

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

The Netherlands may spend hundreds of billions of dollars to climate-proof its shores. And their coastline is only the size of Massachusetts and Connecticut combined. Do the math...

Or they MAY NOT!!

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Good question...I think it's pure optimism to think it will take that long for the results they are predicting. Fiji is moving people inland and FL is preparing to abandon towns now.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join