It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Trump Supporters , a Question or Three

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

1 Who here voted for Donald Trump but in the intervening year has had a change of heart ?

I didn't but yes, I've had a change of heart. My change has been two-fold. One, he's shown himself to be even more childish and ineffective than I thought possible. And two, I think his time in the White House will be looked back upon with gratitude. He has not been able to enact his most dangerous policies and has, instead, forced congress to act on big issues. He is the guy who burns your house down but you later discover it was covered in lead paint, asbestos, and mold. He "helped" you by showing you what kind of harm you've been dealing with and forced you to address it.

2 If you had been given a stronger alternative to vote for would you have voted for them ?

I did (and no, not Clinton, lol).

3 Are you embarrassed by the Presidents twitter tantrums ?

I was at first. But again, he's serving our nation as an object lesson to future generations. I think most people in the world know not to assume every individual American is an extension of his fragile ego.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

...I think his time in the White House will be looked back upon with gratitude. He has not been able to enact his most dangerous policies and has, instead, forced congress to act on big issues. He is the guy who burns your house down but you later discover it was covered in lead paint, asbestos, and mold. He "helped" you by showing you what kind of harm you've been dealing with and forced you to address it.

MAGA.

j/k... I couldn't help myself.

But I do agree with your point. The real test is how partisan blind will those realizations become?

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I didn't vote for Trump, and would never vote for him. That said...your question about Twitter Tantrums is silly. WHy would I be embarassed about what some tool I've never met says?

His use of Twitter is the least important aspect about him...why is it so important to so many people? WHy do we elevate social media to a level of relevance?

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

1. I voted for him and given the same choices today I would vote for him again.
2. Possibly. There are a whole lot of variables there to account for, but I always vote for the best candidate regardless of party affiliation.
3. No. He can skip the msm and avoid the inevitable spin.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
I didn't vote for Trump, and would never vote for him. That said...your question about Twitter Tantrums is silly. WHy would I be embarassed about what some tool I've never met says?

His use of Twitter is the least important aspect about him...why is it so important to so many people? WHy do we elevate social media to a level of relevance?

Question 3?

Imagine that Trump is your dad and his tweets are him dancing like only a dad can. The rest of the civilised world are your schoolfriends watching and laughing at you.

I think that is the kind of thing the OP is getting at.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

WHy would I be embarassed about what some tool I've never met says?

Because he represents your country , his tweets are seen around the world.
If the leader of my country were to do the same I would be embarrassed.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Question 3?

Imagine that Trump is your dad and his tweets are him dancing like only a dad can. The rest of the civilised world are your schoolfriends watching and laughing at you.

I have a hard time imagining that, as I am 45 years old and don't care if people laugh at me because of someone else.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

WHy would I be embarassed about what some tool I've never met says?

Because he represents your country , his tweets are seen around the world.
If the leader of my country were to do the same I would be embarrassed.

Why would I be embarassed over the actions of a third party? Is there something here that I am missing?

The US has led the world for a couple of generations. If one buffoon can make the world think us all buffoons, that speaks more to the rest of the world and less about us.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
Question 3?

That's not the question though. Why are we supposed to dissect the question into some sort of subjective fanciful father dancing scenario when the question just asks if you are embarrassed by the tweets?

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
yes

No

No, if twitter upsets anyone maybe they need to stay away from it and go back to their saferoom

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
1. No regrets. I voted for him knowing that he was going to be different, and it was going to take some time for him to get the feel for the job. I also figured that he was going to have an extremely difficult time getting anything done at first due to the hatred of him from the left and right. I voted for him expecting his first year to be somewhat uneventful until he learns who's willing to play and who's going to fight him regardless of the consequences to the American people. His first year is going pretty much as I expected it would. What I wasn't expecting was the unbelievable amount of hatred he's getting from everywhere. I thought it would be bad, but in no way to the level we've seen.

2. Possibly, but it would have to be the right person. I lean left on some things, and right on others, and I think my perfect type of candidate may never come along. That said, if there were to be a "Trump lite" type of candidate I'd be all in for them. Similar to Trump, they would have to be an outsider, can't be bullied, but also be able to compromise, and not be afraid to take on the political establishment and clean sh!t up! On the other hand, they would have to differ from Tump and be a little more humble, less ego driven with a thicker skin.

3. I fully support the idea that our leader can get a message out at any given time bypassing the MSM. I like the idea that a President has an unedited, raw, outlet to voice their opinions, clarify statements, and stand up for themselves. I also think that a platform like Twitter, IF USED CORRECTLY, can be one of the biggest tools a person in power can carry. As far as Trump goes, I personally want my President to be non-PC, I want my President to occasionally say some stupid sh!t, I want my President to allow themselves to communicate with the people in their own words, unfiltered and raw. I want my President to be able to call out someone or something on Twitter. I want my President to set the record straight, correct a person, or even stomp a rumor before it gets out of hand. BUT IT HAS TO BE DONE THE RIGHT WAY.

I think that there are two Donald Trumps, the billionaire executive DT, and the Apprentice/Hollywood/ reality show DT. We get reality show DT on Twitter when we could use a little more executive DT. He won partially due to being the un-Presidential reality show DT, and I think that he feels he needs to keep up with that persona. He can still get the same message out while tweeting by being a little bit more executive DT.

To answer the question....no, I'm not embarrassed by his tweets, but I will admit that he does have some SMH moments, and a few "dude, you shouldn't have tweeted that" moments.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Voted for Trump.

Will vote for him again.

Economy is ridiculous strong.

Food stamp usage gone down.

Exposing RINO Republicans.

Trump can say whatever he likes on Twitter, I don't care and will never have a Twitter account.

Wanted Obamacare thrown in the dumpster but didn't have enough Republican support. Hopefully mid terms will oust those jackasses for some true conservatives.

Definitely hoping for tax cuts.

Still holding out hope for a wall to stop the massive influx of illegals crossing the southern border.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
He's POTUS. He doesn't NEED Twitter to "bypass the msm".

He can give a PRESS CONFERENCE at any time. Or do a "special broadcast" from the oval office ANYTIME HE WANTS.

These excuses for his infantile Twitter behavior are absurd.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

ALL results of poliicies enacted under Obama.

Trump hasn't DONE anything to actually improve the economy.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

1 Who here voted for Donald Trump but in the intervening year has had a change of heart ?
Not I. I'm proud of my vote and if anything what few reservations I had have left.

2 If you had been given a stronger alternative to vote for would you have voted for them ?
Yes, for Senator of Alaska, I sure would have! That untrustworthy RINO idiot Murkowski really needed to be challenged by a strong opponent in the primary. For POTUS, no. I voted for the man with the policies and platform I wanted to see win... and he won.

Not at all. Sometimes you need to call a spade a spade. Trump doesn't play the phony nicety game, I appreciate that. Obvious fake decorum is obvious, and frankly far too pervasive in politics and the world at large. If being forthright and honest about you opinion of a person makes you and asshole, then I reckon the world needs a lot more assholes.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
1. Voted, don't regret it.
2. No
3. Difference in perspective, there isn't any twitter tantrums from what I see. A simple case of causality.

Four more years, #MAGA
edit on 3-11-2017 by Arnie123 because: heh

edit on 3-11-2017 by Arnie123 because: hehehe

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Dbl post
edit on 3-11-2017 by Arnie123 because: heh

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
Check this out...

If you had been given a stronger alternative to vote for would you have voted for them ?

Most have answered “no” to this question...
Despite the words “stronger alternative”...

That’s Cult behaviour.

No, it's actually a realistic take on a subjective question, Haz. From where I stand, I agree with Trump's intentions. I see those intentions faltering not because of how "strong" Trump is or is not, but because of how weak a handful of Republican Senators are. We need stronger reps to get these things passed, not a "stronger POTUS candidate."

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Independent here, no agenda...since it apparently needs to be stated!

I voted for POTUS Trump and have had no regrets; in fact, I am sincerely more and more impressed with his ability to hold his own with the swampers.

I would have voted for Bernie over the current POTUS; I would haved voted for any GOP candidate to keep the head of the Clinton Cartel from selling our great Nation for $$.

Not in the least. First, they are not tantrums, they are responses to most of the MSM trying to illegally run our Country through their false narratives. Next, it is refreshing to see a POTUS tell our Country how they feel without the pretense of PC. Dollars to donuts, EVERY previous POTUS has felt just like our current POTUS, but they were too cowardly to let their “feelings” be known, less the SJW brigade publicly ostrocize them. Current POTUS doesn’t care and I LOVE IT! Finally, also refreshing to have a POTUS speak from the heart and not read a prepared speech every...EVERY...time they speak to the American people (POTUS 44, cough, cough...who I voted for twice...sue me).
edit on 3-11-2017 by Lab4Us because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I like the fact that POTUS uses Twitter - bypasses the MSM, which considering how hard they twisted his words and took things he said out of context time and time again, it's great that there is at least one place I can see what he's saying without talking heads trying to make it in to something it's not. WYSIWYG.

As for "embarrassing" US citizens - You have a LOT to learn about US citizens....and if the rest of the world is that way, they are the MOST SHALLOW people then.

Shame on you guys.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join