It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Removing Trump by Force?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   
So just a quick thread (i hope).

I mean this to be entirely hypothetical, I am not, saying I support this, I am only wanting to open up a discussion about this possibility.

So….

Lets pretend for a moment that Trump is on the verge of starting WW3, he is instructing his military chiefs to ready the nukes, millions of Americans and other nationals are going to die and its all because Trump has got a itchy trigger figure.

It is believed that if he were not in office the crisis could be averted.

Should he (or another world leader for that matter) be removed by force, by that I mean a full coup d’etat. If Trump was to be viewed as a major national security risk, a domestic threat to the survival of the nation, would it then be justifiable for the military or intelligence services to remove him (or again any other leader) by force.

Personally I think yes.

I think if we were in a situation whereby Trump was preparing to launch a full attack against North Korea for example, where it is believe the resulting loss of live would be phenomenal, and further to this it was possible to deescalate the crisis by removing him from office then it would be justifiable as it would prevent a catastrophic loss of life.

However I also understand the significant objections that this could raise, it would be a slap in the face to democracy, it would cause a constitutional crisis, it would raise the question about how far to go, would it be enough just to remove Trump or would it have to go further.

So what would your views be on this.

+51 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Disclaimers don't cut the mustard.

+51 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   
so you hypothetically want to destabilize a nuclear superpower at the verge of a tense WW3 scenario?

+11 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   
not clear on reality at all bud

think in terms of a remedy.....not a tear-down.....glad to see you didn't insist on installing hillary the dogwoman from hail
edit on 3-11-2017 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Kidnap and burn Trump's wigs.

He will never be seen or heard of again.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Kidnap and burn Trump's wigs.

He will never be seen or heard of again.

Amazing!

+61 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I am amazed by how much Trump bothers someone living in the U.K.

No, he won’t be removed by force.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
so you hypothetically want to destabilize a nuclear superpower at the verge of a tense WW3 scenario?

Good point, I am just wanted to open up the discussion.

I think if it would prevent catastrophic loss of life then it might be the lesser of two evils.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I am amazed by how much Trump bothers someone living in the U.K.

No, he won’t be removed by force.

I am amazed by how much Trump supporters on ATS are fixated with my nationality....

Also amazed by their inability to read a OP.

I am not asking if he will be removed by force I am asking basically if there ever could be a situation whereby it would be necessary to uphold national security.

+43 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   
We get it already.

You don't like Trump.

Please

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow
We get it already.

You don't like Trump.

Please

cool anything on the topic of the OP to add

+29 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   
...people who say they believe in democratic free society, until they don't.

Is fascism something else if you have the 'right' reason for it?

+26 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Now just a hypothetical ...

The PM of the UK has decided they they don't like Trump so much that they are getting ready to start WWIII. Do you think removing that person by force would be justified?

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam
...people who say they believe in democratic free society, until they don't.

Is fascism something else if you have the 'right' reason for it?

It raises a really interesting question though.

How far do we support democracy and freedom, do we continue to support it even if it brings about the deaths of millions in a catastrophic war or do we look to set in and stop that happening by force.

+20 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   

No.
Just no.
I understand how you are feeling over your esteemed holiness Hillary on her way to the pokey . But that is no reason for going for the Inane Thread of the Day Award. Which you so hands down have already won with this one.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin I will play along with ya. My answer is NO. That is not how we do things in America. I am no supporter of Trump but he is my president. The legal route is the way to go. If congress wants to go their way or his cab wants to go there's then sure. But a coup.....NO

+31 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   
There seems to be a common theme in your posts, a constant hubris. We are just fine here in the United States without any British intervention or opinion.

We get it, you don't like us. Fine. But don't expect a cheery salutation whenever you appear with your caustic mindset.

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Now just a hypothetical ...

The PM of the UK has decided they they don't like Trump so much that they are getting ready to start WWIII. Do you think removing that person by force would be justified?

Yes.

definitely, depending on the situation.

But if it was just a straight up personality issue, May hates Trump so instructs the military to nuke D.C then yes I would support the military removing her by force if necessary.

+13 more 
link   

Have you ever looked into the millions already dead by fascist or totalitarian regimes?

+11 more 
link   

I see wars taking place all over the world being put perpetrated by so-called democratically elected strongmen. Why aren't your British troops preventing that loss of life?

How many have died because your country failed to act?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join