It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As small as it gets is perhaps a measure of how BIG

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   
It's no "small matter".

As small as we can witness in terms of particles like photons, quarks, leptons can in no way be an end to the "matter" of smallness. There is logically no end to how small a particle can be. A lepton has to be made of something. A photon must have its own universe of parts. There can never actually be an end to the diminishing cycles of information. It must in our dimension be witnessed as infinite in its microcosm form of ever decreasing yet infinite patterns of conformity and order. It determines the order and is bound by it, too, in perpetual obedience infinitely.

For me it seems all too obvious that the BIG picture is conforming to exactly the same order. I do not think that there is an end to cosmic BIGNESS. Even the swirling gases that are ever bound by electric attraction and ultimate rejection are acting as universes within universes. The very universe is as small as a photon and even smaller. That does not mean the units of information can not be defined separately with their own individual behavior. Yet those units are not units really, but are collections of other information relationships. Our solar system is totally individual. It is an individual solar system in a galaxy of individual solar systems. In this creation the information forms relationships according to definite laws, yet the patterns are very individual. A snow flake gives us a glimpse of why this is so, according to the weather these forming information relationships assume their individual shapes, similar but never the same;

When several ice crystals stick together, they form a snowflake. As snowflakes tumble through the air, swirling and spiraling, they each take a different path to the ground. Each snowflake falls and floats through clouds with different temperatures and moisture levels, which shapes each snowflake in a unique way.

There is no doubt that electricity is the central agent of attraction and repulsion. That is itself made by the information relationship and is integral to the relationship and forms the relationships assume.

Stars recycle themselves. They ignite and they put out the information that eventually congregates to make new versions. That is their way of procreating. How can there really be a beginning and an end to that?

May be our universes are just larger scale forms of what is within them and smaller forms of other information clusters? I think there are endless universes that make even larger forms and those forms in turn make even larger forms. I do not think there is an end to information. Yet the information must have begun at one point even so. The point at which our own universe condensed is a different point in time to which other universes condensed. The Black Hole concept is still a mystery in this respect. On some level these phenomenon may be bringing the raw information to the universe that ends up as gases and ultimately stars and planets. The radiation of its output could be the result of the dense bending of all the information sucked up into it and a beginning all over again of what eventually ends up as gases according to relationships brought about by the cosmic weather?

www.dailymail.co.uk... form.html

Nasa captures a huge pulse of energy coming out of a black hole: Discovery sheds light on how mysterious flares form Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... html#ixzz4xN1w13oJ Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Stephen Hawking does not believe that Black Holes are holes at all. I don't either. I think they are both sucking up and spewing out information. May be at the centre of our particular universe there is an utterly huge Black Hole like there is a smaller one at the centre of galaxies? Perhaps these decide the establishment of individual galaxies and universes within the whole? There may be even a point where these clumps of information change form collectively and there is something we can't even imagine yet that is the next level up on the formation of inFORMATION beyond the cosmic definition?

It's crazily infinitely big as it is crazily infinitely small. The mystery of information may yet determine whether we are simulated or the origin of information is tied to yet another introduction in many more introductions of reincarnating, self perpetuating information.

Informally your's R9

edit on 3-11-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Yeah. You can't have one understanding without other. The snake swallows its own tail.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   

The very universe is as small as a photon and even smaller. That does not mean the units of information can not be defined separately with their own individual behavior.

But who cares, really? Identifying every subatomic particle in an atom would be like identifying and cataloging every single bit of minuscule rock, ice and dust in our solar system.

Now who wants to do that?

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

There may also exist on a sub atomic level Black Hole type pheomenon or even something very different. Perhaps here we might find where anti matter begins. There will be actual physical processes involved. Perhaps in smallness there comes a point of information collapse and it then radiates an integral source that balances our polarity based "potter's wheel". Perhaps there are polarities within polarities?

At this point I ask myself what a digital intelligence might think once it has realized it is made up of a strange code (DNA anyone?). Perhaps our code we are spotting are these information shapes? Behind the theater curtain the digital being is made of symbols yet their appearance is something very very different to their source code. We may have spotted a code, but we are non the wiser as to who has been writing it and for what motive other than the little "hacks" they built into their system and a few rare tweaks over the span of creation.

How strange, too, that our own minds must keep building on our perception. We keep seeing just a little further yet we are denied the whole picture. It is like a perception game where we have to keep guessing. Even a Scientist who has rejected all theory of an Intelligent universe must admit it is a game of perception that we must play at a much slower pace than we would ever have wanted crawl at.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

The very universe is as small as a photon and even smaller. That does not mean the units of information can not be defined separately with their own individual behavior.

But who cares, really? Identifying every subatomic particle in an atom would be like identifying and cataloging every single bit of minuscule rock, ice and dust in our solar system.

Now who wants to do that?

They want to do that because it brings amazing inventions and understanding. It is not idle speculation. If the day ever comes where we can all have Quantum Computing and all the transformation and freedom that would bring would we be so quick to dismiss the Quantum Mechanics who "alchemised" it into existence?

It is vital we continue to probe the breadths and depths of this dimension. Technology will allow us to survive and to fit in better with the material demands the environment will place upon us.

For example now I have this box of tricks (Computer) I don't need anything like the other material stuff. Materialism is becoming less important. I am more concerned with the world of code that has few material demands. All it needs is a little spark to ignite all this extra brain power, a world of digital media and information. We must get ever more environmentally aligned in our relationship concerned with how we achieve that "spark" so the behavior falls roughly in line with all the other natural behaviors of information (in relation to and in conformity with the functioning environment that our existence totally depends upon). I wrote before that it has come at the right time as we could not live the old way with there being so many of us. The earth could not stand that. However, digital tech will evolve us away from much of industry, the need to travel physically, the need to even have cities. We stand a chance. I hope we shall take up that challenge while we have a window of opportunity to do so.

Would we call Turing's tampering with computers a waste of intellectual talent? No, indeed, he has left us with a special gift and it is universal and totally transforming for humans; another rung up the ladder of evolution and development. It has happened before on the rungs of progress many times. The key inventors of industrial revolution defining tech helped us get here. It is rungs on a ladder. We are on a journey the universe has set us upon. It is looking to achieve something through us. I see intelligent design. There is an order in the information relationship on all levels, microcosmically through to cosmically to inter-cosmically.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
"However, digital tech will evolve us away from much of industry, the need to travel physically, the need to even have cities. We stand a chance. I hope we shall take up that challenge while we have a window of opportunity to do so".

Could you elaborate on that a little? Especially about evolving away from the need to travel physically and the need for cities.

I really enjoyed the OP. Very well written. Top notch, top notch old boy.
edit on 3-11-2017 by Spader because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Ummm..."As small as it gets is perhaps a measure of how BIG"...

Exclaimed...your girlfriend...

YouSir

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
it's turtles all the way down, man!

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

They want to do that because it brings amazing inventions and understanding.

No it doesn't. Burying our head in the sand so to speak, life is about life itself, not the dirt, dust and rocks floating about the solar system or the nucleus of an atom.

People than want to catalogue every object in the OORT cloud or the valence shell of atoms are missing the point. They only know of this one star system, can only reach it. A soon as you realize there are countless, indeed, infinite numbers of star systems, it becomes more important were life is and less how many rocks orbit the star.

For instance if you could travel the stars, would you want to go to lifeless ones or those with life?

The search for NEARs is fueled by concern for life, i.e., impactors, the search for earth sized planets around other stars is the search for life.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

There is the Planck distance and the Planck scale. This is the boundary between the quantum and classical physics. One Planck unit is 10^-20 the size of a proton. But that's a huge distance

With human DNA, the four amino acids known as GTAC, actually encode for four physical properties; positive charge, negative charge, neutral charge and magnetic field. This has been modified by scientists to code for additional states like negative charge and magnetic field.

I once made a simple simulation of a galaxy with a magnetic black hole with blender. Everything would spiral into the black hole, get torn apart,with negatively charge particles going out in one direction and positively charged particles going in the other. These would eventually recombine at the far edge of the galaxy.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9
A lepton has to be made of something. A photon must have its own universe of parts. There can never actually be an end to the diminishing cycles of information.

And on what basis do you draw these conclusions?

From what I gather, the smaller the scale, the less definite and more fuzzy things become.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Referring to Powers of Ten as an inspiration, he added that “doing it in a printed book slows things down, in a good way.”

Packed with bleeding-edge facts, vivid prose and gorgeous illustrations, the book [The Zoomable Universe: An Epic Tour Through Cosmic Scale, From Almost Everything to Nearly Nothing] takes readers from a wide-angle view of the observable universe at 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 meters across to a subatomic picture of space in 0.00000000000000000000000000000000001-meter increments. Along the way, we see some scales filled with stuff, others that appear empty, and still others where the universe looks strikingly similar across huge differences in scale. “Little bits of it look like the big bits,” Miller said.

QuantaMagazine.org, Nov. 6, 2017 - From the Edge of the Universe to the Inside of a Proton.

From the there is no such thing as "coincidence" file...

How's that?! You can have a coffee table book filed with pictures of the super massive to the super small!

Self-similarity is what you are talking about. Nature has a clever way not re-inventing everything as scales change. Fractals and Phi seem to be guiding principals. Little by little humans are finally figuring out how to do the same.

Remember when cell phones used to have "whip" antennas? Using a boxed shaped, self-similar fractal pattern allowed those antennae to move inside the phone case.

As we, as a species, venture into 2D manufacturing, I believe the same methods of utilizing fractal patterns and self-similarity will very advantageous.

As far as black holes go... I think they are quantum in their nature. As matter is sped up to relativistic speeds and is squeezed by magnetic and gravitic forces, the quantum information get re-jumbled up and shoot out of the poles. The information the matter had is not lost but now exists in a new state. It surrounds the galaxy like the Force!! lol.

Figured you'd like the info on that book. The article is a good read too.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Gotta love when you hit ATS this high and see a thread like this.

Thanks for the moment!

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Nothing exists until we name it.

new topics

join