It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2017 is Now Officially the BEST YEAR EVER in Dow History! — Up 28% Since Election!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

Not just that trump has passed anything and if he had it takes years to know the effects..

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: Diisenchanted

Trump hasn’t passed a single policy that has ANY effect on the Dow..

So that means you should be thanking obama.

Everyone knows it takes YEARS for a president’s policies to begin to have an effect.. 90% are out of office before the ramifications of their agenda are even felt..

It’s funny how people only selectively remember that lmao.

Obama didn't do sh#t either!

HELLO! QE FROM THE FED!!

No president dictates monetary policy, the Fed does.

8 years of QE @ over 100 billion a month! Buying shares, propping up the market, and buying back treasuries!!

More people were on food stamps during Obama than anytime in history! Over 48 million... And that's just one metric...

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   
What BS. Go look at a graph of the Dow over the last 5yrs and get back to me with what you see. You're trying tp make people think this has something to do with Trump. The data would say you are full of it.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Diisenchanted
a reply to: FamCore

True but you add that to job creation and there you have a better economy.

Ever heard of "Shadowstats"? www.shadowstats.com...

Are you aware of how insanely manipulated the "official" data is?

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Here's the problem: it's called regression to the mean:
en.m.wikipedia.org...
What this means is that record prices will eventually fall back to the previous trend. The Trump Bubble will burst. If the GOP cannot pass a new tax code, that will be the pin that pricks the bubble, so if you're smart, you'll take your profit from your stocks and move it into cash or bonds. Remember, about the only thing Trump has accomplished is to remove all the regulations put in place to protect the economy from another crash.
ETA: The House tax reform bill will not create jobs. Corporations will continue to manufacture where labor costs are least: "offshore." The profits made from lowered tax rates will go to corporate executives first, then to shareholders. There is historical precedent for this: the Reagan reforms, AKA "Voodoo Economics."
edit on 3-11-2017 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   

a reply to: FamCore

True but you add that to job creation and there you have a better economy.

Job creation better go through the roof like RIGHT NOW.

18.58 trillion in personal debt and steadily climbing is pure insanity and no one wants to talk about it.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   

The last time the DOW spiked was just before the 2008 crash.

So glad the financials market is doing so well.

Thats not the whole economy.
edit on 3-11-2017 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

18.58 trillion in personal debt and steadily climbing is pure insanity and no one wants to talk about it.

Or inflation, Shrinkflation, Automation, and tax breaks for the rich.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

A) I already said that a president’s policy’s are not felt for years...

B) obama was as much a corporate stooge as any republican and absolutely helped Wallstreet repeatedly.... I would say at the expense of the rest of us..

C) obama expanded food stamps and ONLY presided over growth.. he was elected into a financial nightmare after Clinton’s glass degal repeal and Bush’s unnecessary war..

You say more people are on food stamps like jobs were lost and people went broke.

So did you not know they were expanded? Or are you intentionally spouting false info as propaganda??
edit on 3-11-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   

I remember when Enron was a Fortune 500 company....

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   

The Dow has increased 5,184 points since the November 8th election a year ago and the Dow all time high has increased by 4,880 since the election (the all time high on election day was 18,636 set on August 15, 2016). The Dow has never increased the All Time Highs this much in such a short period of time in its more than one hundred year history.

Link

Its kinda funny with all the complaints from the left about Trump America seems to be doing great.

Nothing but blue skies.

Also from the article there is this.

Since the election the Dow has surpassed 5 major milestones – 19,000, 20,000, 21,000, 22,000 and 23,000. This is the first time this has happened in less than a year in US history.

I've also heard that the housing market is doing well. More winning!

'Since the election' doesn't exactly count, given that Donald Trump didn't take office until Jan 20 2017 and could do absolutely nothing policy-wise.

By the way, the DJIA was just under 20,000 on Jan 20.
To date:
Jan 20 2017 - 19827.25
Nov 02 2017 - 23516.26
+18.6%

How do you think that compares to Obama?

Dow Jones Industrial Average:
Jan 20 2009 - 7949.09
Nov 02 2009 - 9789.44
+23%

FAKE NEWS

Call us when he achieves this sort of increase.
Dow Jones Industrial Average:
Jan 20 2009 - 7949.09
Jan 19 2017 - 19742.58
+148%

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I remember when General Motors was a Dow component.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Now the talking heads on CNBC are using the term "Reflation", as if inflation is a good thing.... nothing but propagandists herding the sheep into the slaughter

I look forward to revisiting this thread next year at this time

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: EternalShadow

A) I already said that a president’s policy’s are not felt for years...

B) obama was as much a corporate stooge as any republican and absolutely helped Wallstreet repeatedly.... I would say at the expense of the rest of us..

C) obama expanded food stamps and ONLY presided over growth.. he was elected into a financial nightmare after Clinton’s glass degal repeal and Bush’s unnecessary war..

You say more people are on food stamps like jobs were lost and people went broke.

So did you not know they were expanded? Or are you intentionally spouting false info as propaganda??

Are freaking kidding me?

You can't be serious...

ETA:
Jobs were lost and continued to decline under Obama! Yes, people went broke!! The only jobs that dominated the market place, and to certain extent still do, is the service industries! You call that expansion!!!??? When folks are working 2-3 part-time jobs and being supplemented with food stamps, that's expansion!!!!???
edit on E30America/ChicagoFri, 03 Nov 2017 07:20:41 -050011amFridayrd07am by EternalShadow because: add

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
Now the talking heads on CNBC are using the term "Reflation", as if inflation is a good thing.... nothing but propagandists herding the sheep into the slaughter

A small amount of inflation is good.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

originally posted by: intrptr

I look forward to revisiting this thread next year at this time

If the internet is still two way discourse, that is.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

That will go over most peoples heads ...wink wink

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Revolution9
The Bank of England has raised the rates. The U.S will probably have to do the same. It will do the same if it sees anything positive happening for Britain's economy resulting from the rate rise.

That rate increase made me hopeful we'd see a similar one here. Intrest rates are far too low, it leaves you with no buffer in the event of a large market correction or bubble.

How are they going to continue to raise interest rates and unwind the quantitative easing fairly?
S&P price to earnings ratio is now over 30 so there probably is a price bubble in the stock markets.
The stock market investors are going to start realizing there is a problem fairly soon but will the correction happen like 1987 or Lehman brothers 2008?

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cauliflower
How are they going to continue to raise interest rates and unwind the quantitative easing fairly?

There will be some correcting but a firm roadmap needs to be laid out, it will enable monies to move more gradually from the market to other investment channels.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I heard unemployment is the lowest it's been in 17 years. So I guess we thank Obama for that too?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join