It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2017 is Now Officially the BEST YEAR EVER in Dow History! — Up 28% Since Election!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 05:06 AM
link   

The Dow has increased 5,184 points since the November 8th election a year ago and the Dow all time high has increased by 4,880 since the election (the all time high on election day was 18,636 set on August 15, 2016). The Dow has never increased the All Time Highs this much in such a short period of time in its more than one hundred year history.

Link

Its kinda funny with all the complaints from the left about Trump America seems to be doing great.

Nothing but blue skies.

Also from the article there is this.

Since the election the Dow has surpassed 5 major milestones – 19,000, 20,000, 21,000, 22,000 and 23,000. This is the first time this has happened in less than a year in US history.

I've also heard that the housing market is doing well. More winning!
edit on 3-11-2017 by Diisenchanted because: to add

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 05:11 AM
link   
A friend from Canada who I play golf with sometimes told me if Trump got elected the stock market would see 7000 within the year.. I bet him 100$ it would never happen... Can not wait until January 1, 2018.. Some money smells better than others
edit on 727rdk17 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Diisenchanted

Yes, President Trump is a business President. It is what America needs to be doing right now. His focus is right.

I am glad because I want America to maintain its strength. It's a wild world and the West makes at least more sense than most for those of us who value what we have achieved.

Honestly, just concentrate on getting strong right now. It is most important. Trump ain't the answer to everything, but he is the man of the moment. There will be a time when America requires balancing the other way again. For every Obama there has to be a Trump and vice versa.

edit on 3-11-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   

The Stock Market is not the same thing as the economy. The Stock Market can do well for a number of reasons, including but not limited to central bank intervention (check), algorithmic trading (check), the plunge protection team w/tools at their disposal such as the Exchange Stabilization Fund

The term I have been hearing lately is "the everything bubble".

Housing in a number of areas like San Francisco is in a housing bubble, we have the sub-prime auto loan bubble, student loan debt over $1 trillion, credit card debt the same (or higher), the last time we saw issues like this was before the 2008 crisis. Consumer spending has gone up but wages haven't, which means people are borrowing/going into debt more. All the meanwhile the central bank has been propping up bubbles and setting it up for another massive wealth transfer (as they do).

States all over the country are having pension crises (Illinois and New Jersey for example), Hartford Connecticut, the municipality just filed for bankruptcy...

If you study the markets for what they are you will see that things are not all "fine and dandy"

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 05:17 AM
link   

There is a trend I have noticed over the years.

Sure polls are fake and the media is fake news, but numbers they always stay true.

Did you make good money from this, has you life really changed so much for the better you needed to plug this ?

Sorry if I am being rude, I have an awful writing style apparently, I am just really curious to what it is that makes you think that Life is all of a sudden so much better for us all.

edit on 3-11-2017 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

True but you add that to job creation and there you have a better economy.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Sorry if I am being rude, I have an awful writing style apparently, I am just really curious to what it is that makes you think that Life is all of a sudden so much better for us all.

Show me where I said life was better for us all.

Things are definitely looking up for a lot of people.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Diisenchanted

They do not want to talk about all the jobs created nor the companies who have decided to stay in America.... Trump is bad and anything to the contrary burst their fragile bubble.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Define Alot ?
100 ...2000 ?

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 05:29 AM
link   

a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Show me where I said life was better for us all.

It matters INTERNATIONALLY, too. It matters to the economy and it does matter and will reflect in the standard of living for Americans. Anyone looking for miracles will not find them in economics. They will find tempered pace and sustainability. Thank goodness we are for now far away from boom and bust mentality. That is a killer. It makes a few people a lot of money and totally messes with the states from which the cash has been "extracted". Healthy investment in healthy trends is a very good news sign.

Of course we have to HOPE and ENCOURAGE the trickle down effect so that the our lives also benefit from this. Generally there is at least some activity on this score in our economies.

Be warned about BOOMS though. Don't let things blow up like a big unsustainable bursting bubble. They need to watch out for that and so do we.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 05:29 AM
link   

This is more a reflection of the Federal Reserve's easy money policy started under Greenspan. Interest rates are far too low so instead of bonds, real estate and other methods of investment the money congregates in the stock market. Did you notice the Fed indicated it wanted to raise rates which was met with push back by Wall Street?

edit on 3-11-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁️ 💓 🧀 🍕

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 05:30 AM
link   
You do realize the Fed is accommodating the market by over a trillion dollars a year, right?

How can you price a market with that much accommodation?

Further, why is the market so high, what is actually attributing to its rise?

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

They do not want to talk about all the jobs created nor the companies who have decided to stay in America.... Trump is bad and anything to the contrary burst their fragile bubble.

Rubbish.

I want to talk about how exactly the everyday person, every single one of us that lives in every corner of this globe is going.

At the end of the day the globe is connected, everyday decisions affect us all to one level or another.

Jobs created has absolutely nothing to do with wealth trickling down.

If we had a realistic poll that all of us could vote on, I'm willing to bet that quality of life is not improving and has not been for some years now, and I mean that on a global scale.....

Who knows maybe that's just my cynical view of the world, I would happily entertain another stance however ....

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I know right I try to post a positive story and still most every one is negative.

They cant see the forest for the trees.

Its all good though.

I could have told them about all the jobs that will be created when they build the wall.

And the jobs that will be created to create the supplies needed to build the wall.

That would have really got their goat!

Define Alot ?

No thanks your game seems silly to me.

edit on 3-11-2017 by Diisenchanted because: to add

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

This is more a reflection of the Federal Reserve's easy money policy started under Greenspan. Interest rates are far too low so instead of bonds, real estate and other methods of investment the money congregates in the stock market. Did you notice the Fed indicated it wanted to raise rates which was met with push back by Wall Street?

The Bank of England has raised the rates. The U.S will probably have to do the same. It will do the same if it sees anything positive happening for Britain's economy resulting from the rate rise.

www.theguardian.com...

There is increased activity in the FTSE because of this. In the U K they say it was the only option left.

Without investment we are utterly doomed. Everything begins there. Investment needs to be encouraged right now. Too much trading in currencies is messing it all up. Real investment, not just little schemes. We need integrity in business. If we did that we would ALL reap the benefits down the line. No quick fixes, no just making a quick profit at everyone's expense, just long term investment where the rich can keep afloat and we get to have a secure society that does not have to pay the price of being in a trough and pit MOST of the time, just for one hit wonders that only a few ever benefit from.

That is my angle on it, not thinking selfishly and instead caring about our nations and the people. Is inclusive capitalism a possibility? Let's hope so for all our sakes.

May be we will have to have economies of reluctant investment, encouraged centrally with carrots and sticks? Renaissance banking and finance that preaches the sustainability that fits with the future demands of depleting global resources as the population rises. China needs this sustainability more than us; a competitive Chinese aggressive world market dominance could lead to it going pop and if China goes bust China will be over. It's almost too huge to manage and every major investor is there like a speculative gold miner - bees to nectar. The nectar there is the sheer volume of customers/consumers and a disciplined/controlled work force of lower labor costs all in one geographical location, easier pickings may be.

Would we want our societies to be like that? Do we want to be that controlled and made to be that productive as workers? Do we want to be that much of a prisoner of economic growth? What would we be getting out of it? If China does lead then don't let it be by example of what to do. it will be a very cruelly won victory paid for mostly by Chinese workers with hell on earth lives and society. Don't let us have to become like that. I value our cultures more than just the health and strength of our economies.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9
The Bank of England has raised the rates. The U.S will probably have to do the same. It will do the same if it sees anything positive happening for Britain's economy resulting from the rate rise.

That rate increase made me hopeful we'd see a similar one here. Intrest rates are far too low, it leaves you with no buffer in the event of a large market correction or bubble.

edit on 3-11-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 06:13 AM
link   
The stock market in Japan is at an all time high. But from someone that lives here from check to check, the economy doesn't seem to be really pushing ahead. Yes, tourist I think coming here is about 2.5 million a year and what that does to "certain" areas of Japan makes it look like things are going well. It's not overall. Too, too many part time jobs these days. And yes, both husband and wife have to work, just like in America. So if only one spouse has to work and they say the economy is great, there actually maybe some truth to it.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
The stock market in Japan is at an all time high. But from someone that lives here from check to check, the economy doesn't seem to be really pushing ahead. Yes, tourist I think coming here is about 2.5 million a year and what that does to "certain" areas of Japan makes it look like things are going well. It's not overall. Too, too many part time jobs these days. And yes, both husband and wife have to work, just like in America. So if only one spouse has to work and they say the economy is great, there actually maybe some truth to it.

That's because Japan has instituted its own form of QE. I'm not quite sure how or why this is being overlooked.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   
This is mostly because borrowing is so cheap, it's very easy for big corporations to borrow more money to buy shares, then they leverage those shares against more debt to buy more shares.

If this starts to sound a little dodgy and unsafe and bubble-like, then it's because it is.

But financial markets are no longer sane. In the way they were insane in 2007.

The only question is how long can the bubble keep growing.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Trump hasn’t passed a single policy that has ANY effect on the Dow..

So that means you should be thanking obama.

Everyone knows it takes YEARS for a president’s policies to begin to have an effect.. 90% are out of office before the ramifications of their agenda are even felt..

It’s funny how people only selectively remember that lmao.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join