It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some hotels not stocking bibles anymore

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
This is interesting. Some hotel chains are now not putting bibles in their rooms. Their reason is because pushing religion turns off millennials. I wonder how many other industries are changing things due the new generation being so different?

www.msn.com... out

Millennials can afford hotels? Oh well, as long as they don't stop putting the Koran and the Quran in the room.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: GiulXainx
a reply to: CB328

They do not even have to have a bible in the room... just show them a playstation, xbox, or Nintendo controller and ask if they would like to play some free games.

LOL....Lodgenet, and it ain't free.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I always check hotel bibles for cash left by previous guests.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Die hard atheist here and I could not care one way or the other to be honest. Perhaps instead of putting one in each room, maybe have some "loaners" (Bible, Talmud, Koran et al.) available at the front desk for the few folk that don't have a tablet.

I think this is less of a turning off a younger generation and more a reflection of changes in how we use and receive information. People don't care if the hotel has free HBO, rather that it has WiFi so they can consume things of their choice.

I don't that most people, even the younger ones, are saying no to hotel because of the bible thing. Rather its price, location, amenities, and convenience as it is with most of us.
edit on 11/5/17 by FredT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: nonspecific

How would you feel if there was a nice little Koran on the bedside table for your perusal?

If it's got thin pages like the Gideon Bible then it can also be used for spliff rolling.

It's a win-win really.

eww all those grubby religious hands repenting all over the pages after a right handed sin.

Id rather use a tin can..

You do make a good point.

I usually start at Revelations and work my way back. I like the feeling of smoking the Apocalypse. It also lessens the change of encountering "repentance" that sticks pages together.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Pfft, this is not new. Chains and indie places have been skipping the bibles for a long time.

I worked in a hotel in the 00's, we didn't restock the bibles after a while because them godly types kept stealing them. They can actually get pricey to replace and after a few years, I mentioned to the owner, "Why bother getting more, the stolen towels are cheaper to replace." And they were, honestly. Sure, he charged those who paid by CC for them, but the majority paid cash for their stays, so other than blacklisting a bunch of thieves...

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Whoodathunk?

Goodly Christians stealing Bibles.

I'm torn between "LOL" and "hypocritical assholes"..

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
The question is: WHY is there a bible at all?

So married men and women can repent after the cheat on their spouses.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join