It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some hotels not stocking bibles anymore

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

That is a bit shady. It should be clearly marked as a purchased amenity. We've usually put a sticker on top of the bottle (Voss is the standard, and they have a really big lid to put a sticker on) alerting guests.

In West Texas, however, the water quality is so poor we include 4 bottles a day as a guest amenity for free. Teeth brushing, baby formula, etc....if you don't give a few free bottles of water away you won't even keep up with Holiday Inn Express standards.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Fun hotel Bible fact: Dominatrixes and others with a similar profession will frequently sign the last page of the Bible to show they were in the room.

You are the well spring of knowledge once again.
I know where to look the next time I've been a bad boy.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

The hangers you have to insert in the slots of the tops that don't leave the rod? Why would you want those?

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

That is a bit shady. It should be clearly marked as a purchased amenity. We've usually put a sticker on top of the bottle (Voss is the standard, and they have a really big lid to put a sticker on) alerting guests.

In West Texas, however, the water quality is so poor we include 4 bottles a day as a guest amenity for free. Teeth brushing, baby formula, etc....if you don't give a few free bottles of water away you won't even keep up with Holiday Inn Express standards.

I guess I was spoiled growing up with the Ogallala aquifer under my feet.
Only once have I encountered "non-potable water". A rest stop in Georgia. Didn't even wash my hands with it and just used the hand sanitizer in the car.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Lucky you...

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
This is interesting. Some hotel chains are now not putting bibles in their rooms. Their reason is because pushing religion turns off millennials. I wonder how many other industries are changing things due the new generation being so different?

www.msn.com... out

Who cares except for bible salesmen?

Any good Christian would have brought their own....all those in rooms already were just propaganda.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

The Gideon's give them for free. Hotels do not pay for them.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

I guess I was spoiled growing up with the Ogallala aquifer under my feet.
Only once have I encountered "non-potable water". A rest stop in Georgia. Didn't even wash my hands with it and just used the hand sanitizer in the car.

The water in west texas is potable....just terrible. The water comes from some muddy reservoir lakes in the area, and is stained the deep red color of the soil. Unless the reservoirs are a little more full, in which case the water is more like a swamp in color (somewhat green). Sometimes the algae gets too much and has to be killed, and there are frequent warnings about trihalomethanes because of it.

Its "drinkable", just not enjoyable.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I wouldn't care.

Clean room.

Clean bed.

Shower that's high enough for me to actually stand upright (important consideration...)

A decent diner, or grocery store close by is useful, as well.

Close to the airport, if I'm flying. On the highway, if I'm driving.

Bible? Koran? Not even on the list of things I look for. I can't remember the last time I even opened those drawers...

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

a reply to: Vasa Croe

The Gideon's give them for free. Hotels do not pay for them.

Funny. What a silly way for them to spend money. They should put old AOL cd's in there just for giggles....

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro
I know a few dominatrixes, I'll have to fact check this one.

Please do, I want to see if it's actually universal since she said it was.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear
You are the well spring of knowledge once again.

None of it will ever cure cancer but I'm fun at a party.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
The hangers you have to insert in the slots of the tops that don't leave the rod? Why would you want those?

Nope, the good ones that you can get at Blood Bath and Beyond.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Who really reads them? I've never seen a used Gideon Bible.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
Who really reads them? I've never seen a used Gideon Bible.

When I find one I always leave it open to Revelations 9:11, so hopefully the poor sap that has the room after me.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

These were large bottles, I think 40oz of Aquafina. I didn't complain, but I probably won't go back to that hotel when I attend the conference next year.

They charged for everything, they actually charged for the kcups for the coffee machine. There would be package of 4, 2 regular, 1 decaf, 1 tea... $3 to open the package and have a drink.

Aside from the pool, I think I would have had a better experience at a Holiday Inn, and it would have been $100 a night less. Actually, this hotel didn't even have parking, you had to use the valet at $28/night. No actual convenient parking to the hotel within 2 blocks. Their sole redeeming feature was being literally next door to the convention center my conference was at.

Contrast this with a 5 star I stayed at a few months ago for work in San Diego that would give you cold bottles of water on demand, for free.
edit on 3-11-2017 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

I know a guy who owns a hotel management company. He got rich off starting a valet company that would service the hotels he had management contracts for. Smart dude.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: nonspecific

Fair call, i can see the error of my thinking, I guess the bibles get expensive when the pages are used to roll up a splif or 2.

Chapter 4 vs 20.

Heavenly numbers.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Good for those hotels.Bibles or Any other religious books do not belong in hotel rooms.They should stay in homes,churches,mosques,temples and synagogues where those who wish to indulge in religion can use them.Anyway,any person so married to their fairytale storybook of choice can chuck their own copy into their luggage and cart it around on their travels,surely.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328

They do not even have to have a bible in the room... just show them a playstation, xbox, or Nintendo controller and ask if they would like to play some free games.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join