It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prince William warns that there are too many people in the world

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Princes william says there are too many people in the world ... coming from the man who has just had three kids

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 05:08 AM
link   
The Human Race is WAY past the point where we should have been laying the groundwork for colonisation of other planets.
Nearly half a century and huge amounts of money have been wasted, worrying about things we cannot control on our home planet.

edit on 18/6/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
The Human Race is WAY past the point where we should have been laying the groundwork for colonisation of other planets.

Oh god no! Why would we want to spread this madness beyond one planet?

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

People with your reasoning always focus on the land/food consumption aspect as their's enough.

Sure there's more than enough.

What you fail to in any sense even contemplate...is the amount of WASTE that more and more peels produce... The amount of destruction done to the planet 's ecosystems we produce...
...The massive expansion of warring religions (even sects within themselves) AND the fact that the more people there are, the more difficult the world is to steer in any unified direction, of we're to join other civilizations out there, without our primitive problems.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: prevenge

For the amount of population on this planet, the logistics of any operation you can dream of are way too great

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Hyperboles

Do you have any ideas on how population could be reduced?

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Well, I think the Duke is speaking the truth. There are too many people in the world. It's an intellectually broken argument to say that some places are quite devoid of people, such as the middle of Australia or parts of Canada, because that's not where people live.

Give it twenty years and there won't be any natural environment left in parts of Africa, for example. Once the forests have been felled and the mountain gorillas are extinct, then we can all rejoice in our humanity.

Humanity is out-stripping the capability of the world to support such a large and exploitative population.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
a reply to: Hyperboles

Do you have any ideas on how population could be reduced?
Nope
Maybe open out more dimensions. sci fi tho

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Do you really believe there are 7.6 billion people on the Earth?

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
Do you really believe there are 7.6 billion people on the Earth?

I think YouTube may be rotting your brain....

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I think the problem isn't us running out of space its us running out of resources faster than the earth can naturally replenish them or faster than we can augment the factors of production... (there's some good environmental economic theory that talks about how technology augments fertility and production etc)

the solution isn't a plague or a war...

We simply need a few generations where there is a strict 2 child policy globally...

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
Thank you for your thoughts on me...............now tell me the answer to the question posed:
Do you believe there are 7.6 billion people on the Earth?
If so....have you ever questioned your belief?

How did you come by the belief that there are 7.6 billion people on the Earth? Have you counted them all yourself?
edit on 24-8-2018 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I find it intriguing that so many people are so uncomfortable with the topic of population control.

Considering we live within a finite system it follows logically that there would be a maximum maintainable population.

Even more importantly there would be an ideal maximum population.

Perhaps it is the fear of the unknown, the fear of the void, that compels is to cling so intently to unchecked population growth.

Regardless of the motivation we may want to do some collective personal work on the issue before we burry the needle so deeply into the red that we encounter irriversable impacts that reduce said maximum populations.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

Meanwhile he just had like what his third kid?

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 11:45 PM
link   
"Saving the Planet" is the most ridiculously misnamed thing I ever heard, and I've been saying this for years.

The Planet Earth will always be around, whether or not humans inhabit it.

It's not "Saving the Planet", it"s "saving humanity"

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 11:49 PM
link   
It's possible that global warming will release some little known bug from the ice caps that humans have forgotten how to fight.

I always thought we'd be killed off by something very, very small, like a virus, instead of something very, very big, like multiple nuclear explosions.

With the current political administrations saying things like "The CDC needs to stop using terms 'Science Based'", the reaction to any sort of outbreak will be incredibly slow. While Republicans argue over how to fund research into a cure, a virus will kill millions, if not billions, within weeks.

The movie Contagion is a pretty accurate description of how this will happen, but I think it will happen a lot more swiftly than depicted.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join