It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We've Been Had. Fake-book, Fake News, Twitter and Insta-sham. How's it feel?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthJava

I know man. This whole thing was ludicrous from the start.

It's way more then obvious that it's a diversionary tactics to cover for the election loss.

And what MSM did during and what is still doing after the election...what Dems did to Sanders....Donna Brazil...the emails...

The retarded PC policies being pushed...the concept of sanctuary cities...illegal immigration...

There is so much to hold against the left...that plenty of sane thinking person would be simply disgusted to vote Clinton. And they are not even Trump fans.

Is Russia dictating American MSM ?
Did Russia made Democratic party turn on Sanders ?
Did Russia force Donna Brazil to cheat at the debates ?
Did Russia force Hillary to have her own private server ?

If Russia did anything...and that's a big if...they simply exposed the backroom goings on. The dirt.
If uncovering the truth hurt the Democratic party...then they were doing it wrong.
That's your shining beacon to follow.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 04:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
This has come true as I was suspecting. Whomever you voted for...or against...It was a sham. What info was correct? What info was propaganda by Russian "trolls" to send us all one way or another? Does this mean we've elected...or not elected...the candidates on the real merits? How would we know? We've been spoon-fed all our information by questionable sources.

Well, you could watch the debates, take a look at their website, at how they promote themselves, at their history, their past actions and so on.

In my opinion the voters swayed by ads on facebook etc. are almost exclusively the ones who are uninformed and thus essentially would not know who they elected anyway - and Russia is counting on it.

If it was not for voters getting their opinion(s) from memes, questionable facebook ads and from random people's comments, Russia would have no sway in this manner whatsoever.

And remember, it is not just Russia that is counting on voters being uninformed or ignorant - it is also the candidates themselves, their parties, the lobbyists, that PACs and SUPERPACs, every interest group - and probably your own government.

So forget "Russia" - go make an actual effort to educate yourselves on your candidates, on your electoral system, on your politics and policies and protect yourselves against ALL actors, foreign as well as those from within.

(I know I say "your", but I might as well say "our" as it sort of goes for everyone, wherever and whoever we are. If we by laziness, ignorance and apathy put in peril democracy, we do not deserve to get to cry about the threat from others.)

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

And now, these same con-men are to be acting as judges to choose what is fake news, and what is not.

This is simply fantastic. The whole social(istic) media goes down with this one. Nobody is going to believe a word from FB, Google or any other "liberal" media outlet on any media form.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ameilia

You are making the rather large assumption that all voters have both Instagram and Facebook. I managed to vote and have neither. So did others.

Me too.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

No because even if you didn't go to those sites you came to this one and this one was flooded with that crap too. Every fake story about Clinton, every ugly meme, that was put out on those sites eventually made it here.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Hey did you know Sessions lied to congress?

Again?

About those damn Russians ....

Again...

Why does Russia keep showing up?

Why does every member of his admin have a best friend named Dimitri? Or Sergei or Nakita? Why are Russians coming out the woodwork?

I mean if the issue is only that the news is talking about Russia then what do we do with all these eastern block associations. If the issue is the news. And not actual Russians...
edit on 1132017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

as i have stated before, i live in illinois, i voted for trump and my state gave the electoral vote to hillary so whatever trump does my hands are clean. now as far as your post goes, i don't do face book or any online social media other than ATS. and long before i ever made my ATS account, i have hated hillary. had nothing to do with the russians or the "fake news" but everything to do with Hillary. i just cant stand that witch. something about the way she talks her facial expressions pretty much everything i know about her. Nothing to do with russians in anyway.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Does anyone honestly think people get their news from Facebook? I mean really?

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I suspect that has always been true.

Deception and misrepresentations seem to be cornerstones of human cultural and political governance.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: rickymouse

I suspect that has always been true.

Deception and misrepresentations seem to be cornerstones of human cultural and political governance.

It is even used by the people of all social status and economic status. Some religious people are good, others believe they are entitled to take from everyone to get rich because their version of god is correct.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

No... Because we've ran with many a daily topic right here... Now we find many were from Russian trolls.

And I'm like you... No social media

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Much of what we were discussing was misleading is my point. Russian or whomever.. Doesn't matter.. Many swore these were true facts and points about candidates.. They all were not

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Ameilia

Me too..

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: lSkrewloosel

One day.. Trumps dirty secrets will spill. "Believe me! "

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: deckdel

And now, these same con-men are to be acting as judges to choose what is fake news, and what is not.

This is simply fantastic. The whole social(istic) media goes down with this one. Nobody is going to believe a word from FB, Google or any other "liberal" media outlet on any media form.

Precisely my entire thread point

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: luke1212

as i have stated before, i live in illinois, i voted for trump and my state gave the electoral vote to hillary so whatever trump does my hands are clean. now as far as your post goes, i don't do face book or any online social media other than ATS. and long before i ever made my ATS account, i have hated hillary. had nothing to do with the russians or the "fake news" but everything to do with Hillary. i just cant stand that witch. something about the way she talks her facial expressions pretty much everything i know about her. Nothing to do with russians in anyway.

I've said.. I too never had or use social media. And as to the Russians? It not about them... Coulda been anyone... And America fell for it. My point

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Does anyone honestly think people get their news from Facebook? I mean really?

Millions do.. Ridiculous, huh? And stupid

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

"We" haven't been had.

I don't pick my candidate for POTUS based on facebook memes.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

"We" haven't been had.

I don't pick my candidate for POTUS based on facebook memes.

Of course not... Me either. But we now realize dozens of discussions prior, during and after the election were troll stories.. Yet we treated many as though fact.. right here on this forum.

How many wouldve voted differently?
edit on 4-11-2017 by mysterioustranger because: oops...no coffee

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I think the current brand of internet social media will die a slow death, due to massive doses of bulls**t that nobody will believe

top topics

<< 1   >>

join