It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange lights above the clouds?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Hi guys as the title states, I've been meaning to post this for about a week now, on the 25th october at around 11:45pm, I went out into the back garden for a smoke, I always tend to look up when out there, I have another thread from a few years ago when I saw an orange orb in pretty much the same place as these lights which I reported to mufon.

Anyhow as I looked up there was 4 triangular shaped lights that looked like they were above the clouds moving around in a random patternand although triangular in shape they wasn't straight edges, they were curved , I initially tried to take a video with my Samsung s7 edge, but it's literally a minute of darkness with my voice saying what the f##k are they, I had a little more luck with photos, they are still hard to make out but you can see what I'm referring too, cloud cover looked quite low, I watched these for maybe 10 minutes or so, I went back inside as it was cold, and went upstairs to see if I could see them from the back bedroom window, I managed to get a couple of photos from there, but they are even harder to make out due to me taking them from behind glass.

I have never seen anything like this before and can't quite get my head around what they were, I'm posting in here but mods feel free to move if it's not the correct section, pictures below are unedited and uploaded directly from my phone to photobucket

Hopefully from the photos you'll be able to see them for starters, but also see how much they were moving
edit on November000000Thu, 02 Nov 2017 22:40:28 -0500Thu, 02 Nov 2017 22:40:28 -050017102017b112017 by Furryhobnob because: Spelling mistake

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Sorry looks like I posted the same photo for the last 2, and the second photo is the only one I got with all 4 of the triangle shaped lights

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Furryhobnob

Video would be much better. Create a YouTube channel and upload the video to that YouTube channel then embed the link here so we can analyze it further. Stills are going to be impossible to make any worthwhile observations. We need to see movement.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Outlier13

Video would be much better. Create a YouTube channel and upload the video to that YouTube channel then embed the link here so we can analyze it further. Stills are going to be impossible to make any worthwhile observations. We need to see movement.

I've already got a YouTube channel, but as on my original post it is literally pitch black, the samsung s7 edge obviously isn't great in low light for videos, happy to post it up though, I'm at work at the minute but will upload it to YouTube once home and on WiFi
edit on November000000Thu, 02 Nov 2017 22:16:15 -0500Thu, 02 Nov 2017 22:16:15 -050017102017b112017 by Furryhobnob because: Spelling mistake

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Do you have a basic video editing software where you can turn the contrast all the way up? It should expose the lights.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Could you also provide some basic details such as:

Time

And anything of interest like, "I am located near a commercial or military airbase. Are you out in the country, near a city, Etc...

Give us details so we can do some research of your area.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Do you have a basic video editing software where you can turn the contrast all the way up? It should expose the lights.

Don't have any editing software unfortunately, have just uploaded the video to YouTube, I'll put it up on here once I figure out how, and you can try and edit it if you like

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Could you also provide some basic details such as:

Time

And anything of interest like, "I am located near a commercial or military airbase. Are you out in the country, near a city, Etc...

Give us details so we can do some research of your area.

Date :25th october 2017
Time:11:45pm
Not near any military Base that I'm aware of, east Midlands Airport isn't that far away, these weren't aeroplanes though, I work in civil aerospace for rolls royce making aeroplane engines, so know what a plane is lol
edit on November000000Thu, 02 Nov 2017 22:40:01 -0500Thu, 02 Nov 2017 22:40:01 -050017102017b112017 by Furryhobnob because: Spelling mistake

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   

That is pretty interesting stuff!

Is it raining where you live? Thunder or lightning? Could they be lightning sprites?

P.S. If your in Brittan you are near a military base.

edit on 2-11-2017 by HiMyNameIsCal because: edit to add

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Hopefully this works, I've copied the link from YouTube
youtu.be...

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Thanks for the info. I wasn't going to infer they were airplanes but I have seen a similar video shot by an observer in the north east of the United States that looks nearly identical to what your photos show. He recorded lights moving just above the clouds and their movement was erratic and never repeated the same patterns. I will try to find it and post it for you to view so you can see if it is similar to what you saw.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: HiMyNameIsCal

That is pretty interesting stuff!

Is it raining where you live? Thunder or lightning? Could they be lightning sprites?

There was no rain at all, and they wasn't flashing like lightning would be, they were constantly there randomly moving around

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Thanks for the info. I wasn't going to infer they were airplanes but I have seen a similar video shot by an observer in the north east of the United States that looks nearly identical to what your photos show. He recorded lights moving just above the clouds and their movement was erratic and never repeated the same patterns. I will try to find it and post it for you to view so you can see if it is similar to what you saw.

I'll look forward to that

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Was it four distinct independent lights? Clearly they changed position in relation to eachother; was it always four lights?

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Ok, so I was able to locate the video and here it is below. Was this similar to what you witnessed?

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl
Was it four distinct independent lights? Clearly they changed position in relation to eachother; was it always four lights?

Yeah it seemed to be 4 independent lights, all moving differently, never crossing paths though, sometimes almost stopping when near each other and then going in another direction, and yeah all 4 were always in view, 1 of them moved further away than the other 3 a few times, but I could still see it

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Ok, so I was able to locate the video and here it is below. Was this similar to what you witnessed?

It's compressed to buggery but from what I can make out yes they were very similiar to what's in that video, any explanation to what they are?

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   

No idea. The lights in that video don't appear to follow any patterns so that rules out a spot light used to draw attention to a business that is promoting a grand opening.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   

No idea. The lights in that video don't appear to follow any patterns so that rules out a spot light used to draw attention to a business that is promoting a grand opening.

I doubt a business would be using a spotlight at near midnight to promote their business lol

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13

What about a rave or a night club. I have seen som pretty crazy light shows.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join