It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Popular Twitter Personality and "American Blogger" Exposed As Russian Trolls

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Two different case studies:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Metallicus
If you are afraid of Twitter then don't read it.

I don't have a Twitter so I don't have to worry about being brainwashed by 'evil' Russians. ATS has more than enough well-vetted information for all of us.

Hardly.

ATS is a pit of disinfo and propaganda.

People on this site are more misinformed than any other group of people I have encountered.

Don't be so hard on yourself.

Unlike you and others, I would be willing to admit when I am wrong.

Being hard on one's self builds a requirement of honesty.

Sadly, you and others lack that honesty.

Hence the ease of being propagandized by bull#.

link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

No, I didn't almost fall for "crap" on social media but there was enough substance to the persona that it passed the smell test.

It wasn't Twitter, "she" was a frequent contributor on Medium, had a personal website, etc and it wasn't that her Twitter account was just older, "she'd" been active since 2014.

As far as what "she" was saying, it was all opinion so it's not like something you can fact check. I clearly wasn't the intended audience but that doesn't mean that people weren't influenced.

link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Have you ever considered that "non establishment viewpoints" may be kooky, hair-brained, fantasies? Because I've seen a lot of "non establishment viewpoints" on ATS that never pan out or are later revealed to be a total crock. Then, they slowly fade from everyone's memory and people pretend like they never bought into it.

Similar to how everyone on ATS worth their salt used to chastise anyone for using Alex Jones of Infowars for conspiracy information not more than 5-6 years ago on here. ATS members knew better. Now? Now Alex Jones and Infowars are some kind of anti-establishment knights in magical anti-fake news armor or something. .

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian
It would make business sense for somebody to create an ideal persona to get a lot of followers and more money. There are more blogs that span across the political spectrum created by these guys and many other social media factories, all with some level of deception going on.

Just another example of why it is better to believe there is a conspiracy everywhere than to think that no conspiracies are true.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   

I just fail to see this as a big deal.

And I have been consistent and said so when Russian boys are after trump too.

We have a msm on both sides that is at worst corrupt and at best inept. We have sites censoring messages for prefferd candidates. We have actual lying politicians. We have foreign lobbyist buying our politians, as well as domestic ones.

And so forth.

A Russian Twitter account, no matter what it is peddling, seems very minor.

But the more this is focused on as a serious threat, the more both sides will use a mcarthiast tactic of claiming their perceived opponents are merely Russian dupes or plants.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

hahahaha

hillary and trump spent a combined 81 million on facebook ads

how much did "russia" spend again?

bs lame ass hillary lost excuse

Hillary lost because she sucks and her loss is not a point of contention here.

What is, is people's willingness to believe the garbage and fake news that is pushed towards them.

Fake news did not become an issue until it was shown the Right was completely owned by fake news factories.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   

i linked a state farm ad from 4 yeats ago that would help you with this issue

hint: its on the internet....

nothing to add about hillary and trump dropping 81 mil on facebook ads?

yeah that didnt "influance" anyone...

link   

originally posted by: Kettu
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Have you ever considered that "non establishment viewpoints" may be kooky, hair-brained, fantasies?

I've spent serious portions of 12 years totally dedicated to PROVING that not to be the case. See my sig to get started, unless you cant be bothered out of your tunnel vision reality. I'm not afraid of yours, I gander at and challenge the likes of it about daily. You in my threads, how many times has that ever happened (and the ones you did do werent 'softball' threads I happened to start)????

link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Let's cut to the chase.

The Right Wing fell for one of the best, most intelligent fake news propaganda campaigns we have seen in some time.

The whole "Right Wing" thing right??

All of them?

100% of them all Right Wing if they liked her Trump comments, right??

I did not say all.

My comments were in a general sense.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   

a reply to: Grambler

Funny, I didn't see you chastising the left wing on the thread yesterday showing thousands of people showed up to a rally against trump organized by Russian trolls.

Did not see that thread. A link would be nice, if you would.

Still, I don't see how that refutes what I said.

I wonder why that is....

ATS sucks these days. I try to do better things with my time.

And don't go away.

Although I disagre with you, you add to the info that is found here.

link   

no
this IS IN NO WAY NEWS
it is social media
THAT IS THE PROBLEM
you get them mixed up

link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: Metallicus
If you are afraid of Twitter then don't read it.

I don't have a Twitter so I don't have to worry about being brainwashed by 'evil' Russians. ATS has more than enough well-vetted information for all of us.

Hardly.

ATS is a pit of disinfo and propaganda.

People on this site are more misinformed than any other group of people I have encountered.

No doubt, ever since Two Party System paid "people" took the place over this decade.

The funny thing is all the outsiders trying to keep everyone honest, if they dont align with your Establishment Viewpoints, well those people are part of the 'deluded' you're talking about, right??

That's a loaded question.

Most of those that consider themselves "outsiders" are idiots.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   

You said "the Right Wing" as if "she" were Tucker Carlson.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   

hahahaha

hillary and trump spent a combined 81 million on facebook ads

how much did "russia" spend again?

bs lame ass hillary lost excuse

Fake news did not become an issue until it was shown the Right was completely owned by fake news factories.

Complety owned by them?

Prove it or you are lying.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Then along came Hillary Clinton's emails with classified stuff all over the place.

That conspiracy came to full bloom fruitation.

Then the DNC emails.

Then the Podesta emails.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Funny, I didn't see you chastising the left wing on the thread yesterday showing thousands of people showed up to a rally against trump organized by Russian trolls

See that's even worse, particularly when they're playing both sides against one another like the stunt in Texas. And this is just the beginning. They're testing things out and they'll keep refining their tactics. And it's not just Russians and social media, it's everywhere online from IMDB movie reviews to product ratings, comment sections and forum posts.

Virtual personas are allowing entities to create a shill army to influence perceptions for not a lot of money.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Funny, I didn't see you chastising the left wing on the thread yesterday showing thousands of people showed up to a rally against trump organized by Russian trolls.

Did not see that thread. A link would be nice, if you would.

Still, I don't see how that refutes what I said.

I wonder why that is....

ATS sucks these days. I try to do better things with my time.

And don't go away.

Although I disagre with you, you add to the info that is found here.

Assuming that is true, it appears the Left fell for it as well.

Still does not refute what I said.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

no
this IS IN NO WAY NEWS
it is social media
THAT IS THE PROBLEM
you get them mixed up

What did I get mixed up?

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: SouthernForkway26
It would make business sense for somebody to create an ideal persona to get a lot of followers and more money. There are more blogs that span across the political spectrum created by these guys and many other social media factories, all with some level of deception going on.

Just another example of why it is better to believe there is a conspiracy everywhere than to think that no conspiracies are true.

You guys should all check out this website/game. It allows you to simulate setting up and running a fake news website...it's pretty interesting:

Fake It To Make It

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join