It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Left will come around.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

By any metric. He doesn't pass laws. He never accepts any blame. He cannot negotiate with congress. He is divisive to the core. He is a habitual liar to the point that he lies more than career politicians and makes THEM look more trustworthy. He is bankrupting the Secret Service with his trips to Mar a Lago or other cities. He absolutely SUCKS at negotiating. He put a bunch of rich crooks in his cabinet. The only thing he has done is roll back Obama era regulations using the SAME trick Obama used (which means nothing he has done is permanent). He is unprofessional. He is a man child. His civics knowledge is empty. And finally he clearly wants to be a dictator and not the President.

If you or the OP think that the left will "come around" to this unacceptable behavior then you are delusional.
edit on 3-11-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

And MANY here still believe he's a secret muslim born in Kenya.

How'd Trump's BIRTHER investigation go?

We literally elected a birther as POTUS.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

By any metric. He doesn't pass laws. He never accepts any blame. He cannot negotiate with congress. He is divisive to the core. He is a habitual liar to the point that he lies more than career politicians and makes THEM look more trustworthy.

Up to this point I thought I was confused of the topic and you were talking about Obama! Wow, I was about to tip my hate to you, KS.

If you or the OP think that the left will "come around" to this unacceptable behavior then you are delusional.

Let's put it in simple terms, then. The Left needs to lead, follow, or get run the eff over, because we're fairly well sick and tired of watching supposed adults behave like animals in a zoo or tantruming children over an election in which they didn't get their way. If the left doesn't come around, then the left will be left behind (and hey, I'm perfectly fine with that option.)

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland

Your point?

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Based on your post, Trump did well, if many still believe that. LOL, re-read your post to get the same smile I got.

I didn't like Obama and after his display of the incredible lack of character, I feel vindicated in my belief.
(If you wish to question that, look back at what he said about the elections just before Trump won, and then look at how he is part of the resistance. Hypocrite much?)
edit on 3-11-2017 by network dude because: )

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
Up to this point I thought I was confused of the topic and you were talking about Obama! Wow, I was about to tip my hate to you, KS.

Here it comes. Wait for it. *eye roll*

Obama passed the ACA remember? He DEFINITELY passed laws. And I'm not even speaking to how you applied Obama to the rest of that. If you think Obama lies more than Trump then I have a bridge to sell you.

Let's put it in simple terms, then. The Left needs to lead, follow, or get run the eff over, because we're fairly well sick and tired of watching supposed adults behave like animals in a zoo or tantruming children over an election in which they didn't get their way. If the left doesn't come around, then the left will be left behind (and hey, I'm perfectly fine with that option.)

Translation: "I am a-ok with Trump destroying American institutions and norms as long as it makes liberals look bad." Sounds like you are part of the problem.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Translation: "I am a-ok with Trump destroying American institutions and norms as long as it makes liberals look bad." Sounds like you are part of the problem.

Alrighty then, looks like full speed ahead, lay the hammer down and start cycling through the gears. Next stop, the truck wash.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Let's be honest, American politics sucks, you have a waste of space for President, the alternative wasn't any better and the one person who could have made a difference and taken your country forward in a positive way got knocked out and didn't receive the nomination.

So many of you staeside moan and groan, yet you also belittle and judge, you dont take into account that by helping those wo need a leg up in turn creates a better society for all including yourselves, your politics isn't left vs right it is centre right vs further right, which is why no meaningful change ever takes place, you have no effective opposition.

Of course I'm not saying the UK is perfect, we have a carboard cutout turd for PM and some very uneducated people allowed to vote, however at least we have a geuine opposition, love him or hate him Corbyn offers real choice.

Sad to say but I think it will only be through the UK opting for a Labour government that perhaps the US will see the error of its ways and gve Bernie a bash, of course this depends upon Labour actually winning a general election, with one not in the offing for a while you could be mistaken for thinking its never oin to happen, yet the tide is turning here in the UK, with Brexit causing conflict within the Tory party and more and more of the people realising the Tories are screwing up the country their days could be numbered a lot earlier.

The right never offers life to all, only the selective, America could learn a lot from other countries, such as not charging for medical insurance, the one thing in the UK is no-one wants an Amercian style healthcare system, it is barbaric and frequently the Amercian model is used to advertise why we in the UK should never do it.

If Americans wanted real meaningful change they should have voted for it.

The arrogance of the OP is very sad....you have no left in America only less right.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I'd venture a guess that a whole lot of us who voted for Trump did so mainly because we sure as hell didn't want Clinton. (Or any of the establishment R's that ran) And yes, we defend Trump against the hate and lies, even though he says stupid things and has little tact.

Except that is not how any of the Trump supporters come across. To most, Trump is simply an amazingly, stupendous President, and if he tweets some degrading comment well below his station, they call it "refreshing." And if people get upset about his rudeness and lack of empathy, they are "overly sensitive."

I think I've seen literally two comments and that's it (on this board at least), that said something along the lines of "I support Trump, but I don't agree with decision X." Because most of his supporters think he is literally making every right decision, and nothing he does is wrong. Which is laughably ridiculous.. even the best Presidents make mistakes.

So your post makes sense OP, but.. it isn't reality.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: solargeddon

The arrogance of the OP is very sad....you have no left in America only less right.

This is quite the conundrum. I am of the opinion that the liberal left has been off the charts arrogant. But I suppose it's arrogant of me to assume I'm the correct one with this. I'd say it's all about perspective.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I used to be very left leaning because I am pro labor rights and pro environment. I don't even recognize the bunch that calls themselves the left these days. What do they stand for besides trying to negate anyone or anything that disagrees with what they posit they stand for? And honestly, I don't even know what it IS they stand for anymore. I am still at a loss to why they supported Clinton, who back in the day would have been to the right of Richard Nixon. I cant understand how they are upset we didn't elect a GLOBALIST who colluded with Wall street and was on board with every bad trade deal since NAFTA. Jesus, I think Trump is actually farther to the left than she is.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:49 AM
link   

you said right after 911, so was that Bush Bin Laden...I don't know

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   

It's because a large chunk of self-identifying "conservatives" aren't really conservative anymore; they're simply "anti-progressive".

Even if a Democrat presented something drawn up by a Republican (hm, Romneycare/Heritage Foundation?) they'd be against it based on the fact the person introducing it has a "D" next to their name.

It's party before country, and politics has become some sort of "winner take all, zero-sum game" to them. Bipartisanship is equatable to "our way, or the highway -- zero compromise".

That only works when the entire population is willing to goose step in lockstep with the robber barons, who convince their plebeian slaves that they'd be richer if it wasn't for people more poor than themselves. They actually convince these people to trust them, when history time and time again has shown that the only thing that trickles down is salty and yellow.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

Uh, your analysis fails. Many, many GOP voters were against Romneycare because it was not a Conservative plan in any way. You can't point at RINOs not being beloved by Republican voters and then make the "party above all else" claim.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Uh, your analysis fails. Many, many GOP voters were against Romneycare because it was not a Conservative plan in any way. You can't point at RINOs not being beloved by Republican voters and then make the "party above all else" claim.

You can move the goal posts (or should I say 'Overton Window'?) to fit your definition of "conservative" all you want. Your definition and opinion of what a "conservative" is doesn't make it fact.

Also: curious that you capitalize "conservative" it as if it were a proper noun. Not sure what kind of point you are trying to make there with that.

Any real "conservative" would consider the Heritage Foundation "conservative". Perhaps maybe a special breed of extremist/Ruby Ridge types wouldn't...but they're not representative of traditional American conservatism.

Face it, a vast majority of people calling themselves "conservative" aren't conservative but anti-liberal. For some reason pro sports lost their interest. I'm sure Budweiser and the MLB miss their patronage.

Instead of "making America great...again" perhaps they should "make major league baseball great again". I'm betting more folks watched Fox News than the world series.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   

The phrase "Make America Great Again" would seem to be more indicative of a reactionary than a conservative. Or are reactionaries just a particular breed of conservative?

edit on 11/4/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

You're right to bring that up.

The American conservative population has literally been radicalized and hijacked by a small group of reactionary zealots. They've labeled anyone not as extreme as themselves as "RINOs" and basically behaved the same way as religious zealots.

Holding the party hostage, they've been fairly successful at pulling the larger Republican party with them to the far-right.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu
a reply to: Phage

You're right to bring that up.

The American conservative population has literally been radicalized and hijacked by a small group of reactionary zealots.

Large enough to elect a POTUS.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 02:27 AM
link   

How far back to they want to go. I wonder? 1900 was a good time for all.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Was EIGHT years of Obama that god awful?

Clinton would have been more of the same old, same old.

But no, some people couldn't STAND to have first a black main in the WH, and then a ...*GASP* woman!

To much, To fast. To much for some to accept.

Actually yes.

The fact is...your candidates are pure scum..their ideas and stench beyond compare.

Flat out have ensured no woman or *minority* will even have a chance ever again.

It appears the leftists have no idea at all how disgusting and sad the things they fall for and propagate.

To puy it mildly, lol, never again for the lot of you, hope you find out why before it becomes a problem that has to be put down, like a rabid dog.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join