It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Left will come around.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker Um well you had a few other choices depending on where you live. Being a Democrat myself I feel like Trump or Hillary where two very bad choices. To vote for a lesser of two evils is a bad idea. Did history not teach us a lesson on that. I mean look at the Romans for gods sake.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy Ahhh lol so you think. If you are correct than damn. But cmon dude that will not be the case. Trump is a big business and to think for a second he has your best interest in mind is very stupid. Think with your top head bro.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 04:52 AM
link   
So what I got from this OP is that you voted for Trump because you didn't want Hilary.

Fine, totally get that, you didn't want another member of the government establishment, you wanted someone new to shake things up a bit.

100% get it.

This is my issue however, the lesser of two evils is still evil so why the hell are you guys still supporting him, should you not all be focusing on a better candidate for 2020. Should you not all be calling Trump out as much as the rest of us because as long as his base of support continue to support every stupid thing that comes out of his mouth it only encourages him.

He is not answerable to the people who support him because they seem to support him no matter what.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland
Was EIGHT years of Obama that god awful?

Clinton would have been more of the same old, same old.

But no, some people couldn't STAND to have first a black main in the WH, and then a ...*GASP* woman!

To much, To fast. To much for some to accept.

The level at which you miss the point is astronomical. We ( the US) voted in a guy with a Muslim name just after 9-11. And then we did it again. I don't think the shell would matter at this point, we just wanted a good speaker who looked like a president. A woman would have been fine. Just not that woman. After years and years of watching how they do business (they being Clintons), we just didn't want anymore of that slime, it's too much. Had the dems paraded the old commie out there, I think he would have won. Hell, Oprah would have a good chance at winning. A Black woman. We might get bonus points for all that diversity.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

So we should freak out when he tweets something, jump on the bandwagon and misconstrue what he says so we can spend days cackling about how stupid he is?

He is the president, and at this point, the best we can do is hope he does a decent job of holding things together. At this point, he really hasn't had a chance to do much, with congress against him, and the media against him, and the left against him. The economy is moving in a good direction and business is picking up. I'm hoping that things will continue to improve.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: DBCowboy Ahhh lol so you think. If you are correct than damn. But cmon dude that will not be the case. Trump is a big business and to think for a second he has your best interest in mind is very stupid. Think with your top head bro.

Hillary's tax plan on her campaign website stated that my earnings level would have to pay more in taxes.

According to Trump's plan, I would be paying less.

It's not rocket science.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

voted in a guy with a Muslim name just after 9-11

Huh? Twin towers attack was 09 Nov 2001. Bush Jr was President. Then he got re-elected.
Is Bush a Muslim? Mind you anything is possible seeing the Bushs' were in bed with the Saudis.'

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
The Democrat Party lays in ruins. The Democrat Party will openly become the Communist Party for all intents and purposes, with Putin steering their ship from afar.

The unprecedented anti-Americanism that guided the Obama administration has set the tone for their Party. One that pleads for time before a Putin messenger so they can prove their loyalty after the next election. It was caught on live mic. The most shameful moment in the Office of the Presidency, bar none.

Perfect example of how the Right needs to back away from the propaganda.

You even managed to get Communism in there for good measure.

Bravo...

Perfect example of how the left can't debate without avoiding the topic entireley.

See how that works??

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Anyone who tells me that Hillary would have been worse than Trump gets an eyeroll and put on my personal list of people with poor logical analysis. I didn't like her as a choice either, but Trump is just a terrible human being all around.
edit on 3-11-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

Hillary's tax plan on her campaign website stated that my earnings level would have to pay more in taxes.

According to Trump's plan, I would be paying less.

It's not rocket science.

So it's your greed, well greed bought your Republican saviors indictments & public humiliation, I wonder what yours will deliver.

K~

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Anyone who tells me that Hillary would have been worse than Trump gets an eyeroll and put on my personal list of people with poor logical analysis. I didn't like her as a choice either, but Trump is just a terrible human being all around.

Don't worry, you are on a list as well.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

voted in a guy with a Muslim name just after 9-11

Huh? Twin towers attack was 09 Nov 2001. Bush Jr was President. Then he got re-elected.
Is Bush a Muslim? Mind you anything is possible seeing the Bushs' were in bed with the Saudis.'

quiz time, who was the president, just after George W. Bush? you have 2 minutes to answer.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I especially like how your best defense against what will likely be viewed as the worst president in history is 'Hillary 'would' have been worse'.

It seems to be tacit admission of your prognostigation abilities. Surely you're filthy rich having played the stock market since there's little chance you would have made such a spurious claim without having validated your mystical prediction accuracy.

My opinion is that Trump has already surpassed whatever awfulness you imagine Hillary would have enacted. I hope you and your '30% of the population cronies' one day come to realize what the other 70% of us already have.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Perfect example of how the Right needs to back away from the propaganda.

You even managed to get Communism in there for good measure.

Bravo...

There sure are a lot of openly communist Democrats at anti-Trump rallies.
www.google.com...

Your group ANTIFA adorns themselves with hammer and sickles:
tinyurl.com...

edit on 3-11-2017 by HeadCrunchMcRockGroin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: HeadCrunchMcRockGroin

There sure are a lot of openly communist Democrats at anti-Trump rallies. www.google.com...

Oooh. Pictures...that must means it's completely true.

Your group ANTIFA adorns themselves with hammer and sickles: tinyurl.com...

More pictures. Great.

I think you have to try a bit harder to make your point than just providing pictures without context.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Oh no!!!! Someone whose politics I majorly disagree with and whose judgement I find questionable at best rolls his eyes at my political choices and thinks I have poor logical analysis!!! Whatever shall I do?

Look man, the P in POTUS stands for 'president' not 'person.' I get it, you seem to get all lugubrious over the humanistic side of the office, in my opinion that side isn't worth a damn if it costs us our sovereignty and an ass load of taxes. Jimmy Carter was a lovely human being who was a royally shifty president. Trump may be a shifty human being (in your eyes) but so far he's been a good president (In my eyes).

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

I especially like how your best defense against what will likely be viewed as the worst president in history is 'Hillary 'would' have been worse'.

It seems to be tacit admission of your prognostigation abilities. Surely you're filthy rich having played the stock market since there's little chance you would have made such a spurious claim without having validated your mystical prediction accuracy.

My opinion is that Trump has already surpassed whatever awfulness you imagine Hillary would have enacted. I hope you and your '30% of the population cronies' one day come to realize what the other 70% of us already have.

I can honestly appreciate your position. Take all the hate you have for Trump, put it into a box, and multiply it by 10, then you have a small idea for how much I dislike Hillary. I was expecting a lame duck kind of term from him, but despite his road blocks with congress, the IC and pretty much everyone on government, the economy is moving in a good direction, confidence it up, overall outlook is bright, and jobs are showing up more and more. So yea, you can hate him for being a douche, or for being arrogant, or for being childish, or for being a general dick, but you kind of have to look beyond all that and see the bigger picture.

I cringe when he gets trolled by some nobody and has a twitter tantrum. I want to smack him when he fights with Gold Star families. He seems unable to understand how to deal with criticism. But I am still happy with my choice to vote for him. And I fully admit, at first, the only reason I did vote for him and want him to win was because the liberals had turned into a bunch of self riotous assholes that needed to be smacked hard and soon. I still feel that way, and am disgusted with how the left in general is unable to realize they have faults too. So please remember that Trump isn't the best, but he's the best that we can do.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Trump has literally been the worst President we've ever had. To believe otherwise is just sticking your head in the sand. There is no way Hillary would have been worse because she knows how to conduct herself as a person and would understand the importance of Presidential precedents and honor.

Maybe sometime between now and 3 years from now you'll wake back up, but for now it appears that Trump has you fooled with his con games still.

The left will come around? Psh. I pray the Trumpkins will come around and remember what it means to be an American.
edit on 3-11-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Well, you kind of took the wind out of my sails with that reasonable response.....

My closest friends are all Trump voters/supporters, and I have these conversations with them constantly. Your most salient point (economic outlook improving) is true for now, and I genuinely hope that you are right and it continues. At the same time, the extreme nature of Trump is a minefield for a variety of disasters, and it feels like we're always a breath(or tweet) away from lobbing nukes at NK or deporting anyone who's skin isn't white (which make me feel like we're moving to an Orwellian state - if not there already).

I would like to look back on this in 10 years and say, "Man, I was so wrong about Trump, he was a douchebag but the country still turned out alright". Its just hard to have a lot of confidence that we'll make it there though. My current modus operandi is to keep mindful of this zen master story:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Trump has literally been the worst President we've ever had.

By what metric?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join