It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Left will come around.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Pyle

I voted for Trump because my taxes will be lower.

Hillary's plan would have raised my taxes.

It is yet to be seen if the plan will in fact lower taxes as the plan is not final and still being negotiated.

Hillary's plan would have raised my taxes.

The current plan is indicative that my taxes will be lower.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Oh, thats right, I needed to add that the "Alt-Left" (alternative to SJW's) liberals that Deaf Alien dug up they were so calling themselves that because they agreed with the proper "CTRL-Left" term that I guess the "right" came up with for the control freak SJW Horde. Although I assume anyone could have come up with CTRL-Left after seeing their BS, because believe it or not, Pyle, everyone whom is against SJW's / Democrat's / liberals / etc arent inherently "right wingers" or whatever.

That whole line of binary thinking is a False Dichotomy (logical fallacy).

Which is you do subscribe to SJW stuff, you should be opposed to binary stuff (trans, you know what I mean) yet that kind of logic is ass hardcore BINARY logic to be found across the realms. I've been harping about it for 12 years.

edit on 2-11-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

"Alt-left" was coined by the right wing to try to add the negative connotations of the alt-right on someone else.

WRONG

www.vanityfair.com...

Your own party's puppet "journalists" use it, themselves.

Did you miss the big BS thing with the whole Charlottesville protest incident and the aftermath where the right re-branded the word?

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Not going to answer the question are you...... You got no defense because all of these examples are true.

What scares me is there is almost no soul-searching by Democrats after their latest defeat. There’s no talk of changing their agenda (other than making it more radical), no talk of appealing to people who didn’t vote for them, no wondering what they did wrong.

And that’s the problem. They don’t believe they did anything wrong. They believe the real issue is that you’re racist, sexist, subhuman pieces of garbage who need to be punished. When they get back into power, they’re going to do EXACTLY that and they will feel like you DESERVE IT the entire time because you’re so evil.

Is that about right?

(And yes, I listen to Mark Levin on the way home from work daily, you should read his book Liberty and Tyranny.)

So you have problems with people telling you should to be tolerant and not say stupid # that could offend people? But no problem with the right shouting about how you should be afraid and fearful?

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland
Was EIGHT years of Obama that god awful?

Clinton would have been more of the same old, same old.

But no, some people couldn't STAND to have first a black main in the WH, and then a ...*GASP* woman!

To much, To fast. To much for some to accept.

What a crack of Shaaaaaaaaaaaat.

Majority of Americans didn't care about Obama being black. Hint more than half the population voted for him not once, but twice.

Nobody cared that Hillary was a women , what people cared about was that she was a worthless politicians riddled with lies and scandals along with her husband. She was the only person in this world that out scandaled Trump. Any scandal Trump was involved in , she and her Husband not only matched it but the clintons actually out scandaled him. Even her own campaign manager admitted her biggest hurdle was her credibility.

I didn't vote for either scumbag in this election , but I will give you a few hints on the failure of your party.

Re read what you wrote and pay attention to your failure to admit or acknowledge the issues within your own party. Pay attention as well to your eagerness and laziness to quickly conclude your parties failure is based on sexism and racism. By the way don't democrats also like to state how Hillary won the majority of the votes, I guess only when convenient.

here is another hint based on what you wrote. The worst that trump could have become or become was Hillary . People voted for trump because their was atleast a .00001% chance of change for the better and if not he would have been no worse than Hillary or Obama or bush for that matter. Guess what, he hasn't been any worse than the same as before.

Healthcare still sucks, taxes still suck for the working stiff, Global issues still suck, Lobbyist still winning, etc, The question you should be asking is why in the F did the DNC pick the worst candidate ever and even cheated to get her to win your own parties nomination?

At what time did the DNC think it was a good idea to cheat and make their front runner the candate that was under criminal investigation?Seriously how stupid of a decision was that or how bad was your party that someone under criminal investigation was the best you could come up with? heck they even had to cheat for her to win her own party nomination. But no , yep its racism and sexism.

People as yourself on both sides are the reason why the DNC and the GOP have been Fing us for decades.

Good job,

Yep its all the others guys fault and all problems are based on racism and sexism. /facepalm

Squirrel !!!

edit on 321130America/ChicagoThu, 02 Nov 2017 21:32:34 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

So you have problems with people telling you should to be tolerant and not say stupid # that could offend people? But no problem with the right shouting about how you should be afraid and fearful?

I have problems with any person that tries to inhibit free expression.

I think they're called fascists. Or censors. Or Nazi's.

(Multiple choice)

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   

I have problems with any person that tries to inhibit free expression.

I think they're called fascists. Or censors. Or Nazi's.

(Multiple choice)

Oh you can still say it. Just dont expect people to be tolerant of it or give you a platform to say it.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Not going to answer the question are you...... You got no defense because all of these examples are true.

What scares me is there is almost no soul-searching by Democrats after their latest defeat. There’s no talk of changing their agenda (other than making it more radical), no talk of appealing to people who didn’t vote for them, no wondering what they did wrong.

And that’s the problem. They don’t believe they did anything wrong. They believe the real issue is that you’re racist, sexist, subhuman pieces of garbage who need to be punished. When they get back into power, they’re going to do EXACTLY that and they will feel like you DESERVE IT the entire time because you’re so evil.

Is that about right?

(And yes, I listen to Mark Levin on the way home from work daily, you should read his book Liberty and Tyranny.)

Hopeless.... I have given you plenty of reading material and sourced examples for a true debate and still you go back to the standard lines and don't address the glaring abuses or even provide sourced counter arguments.

Every one of your replies projects: YOU must be a racist, YOU must be offending people with your intolerance, YOU are evil.... don't you even see what you are doing? You are making accusations and insinuating crap with no sources, nothing but the standard "I cannot debate" one liners.

So, here I will resign for the night by taking some sagely advice:

Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself

LOL
edit on 2-11-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Is that about right?

Hopeless.... I have given you plenty of reading material and sourced examples for a true debate and still you go back to the standard lines and don't address the glaring abuses or even provide sourced counter arguments.

So, here I will resign for the night by taking some sagely advice:

Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself

LOL

Sourced examples? You gave two articles. One was an opinion piece trying to bash the fairness doctrine by dressing it up as anti-conservative. The second was from Fox News lying about the issue.

After opponents of the bathroom bill filed a lawsuit the city’s attorneys responded by issuing the subpoenas against the pastors.

Shocking lawyers issuing subpoenas in discovery. Also did you know that Pastors are not supposed to use their sermons to push a political position?

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

You mean when the words became disadvantageous to your cause because your previously supported attack dogs started a fight and became added to America's list of deplorables?

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   

You mean when the words became disadvantageous to your cause because your previously supported attack dogs started a fight and became added to America's list of deplorables?

What are you talking about? I have posted a lot and I dont know which comment you are talking about.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

But no, some people couldn't STAND to have first a black main in the WH, and then a ...*GASP* woman!

Oh really? Did you vote for Herman Cain? How about Dr Ben Carson? No? Racist much? Did you happen to cast a vote for Carly Fiorina? What about Michelle Bachman? No? Clutch your testicles in fear of strong women, much?

You don't wear hypocrisy well... it's not a wardrobe warm enough for the winter season, anyway.

8 years of Obama cost me money, plain and simple. Money I worked for which then went straight into his little Kept Voter programs intended to keep him in power for a second term. In real world terms, this is called "they're eating it, you're paying for it." I don't give a sweet tinker's damn if Obama looked like Ronald Effing Reagan riding a silver horse and wearing a confederate hat with Jesus riding side saddle, the man's policies SUCKED and his presidency made the USA into just another UN bitch, and I have issues with that. You can certainly blame racism if you wish to do so (Lord knows Obama certainly perfected that deflection of responsibility and criticism over his 8 years, irresponsible race baiting puppet that he was), but please don't make the mistake of believing those of us who consider him this country's biggest mistake and the nation's best possible example of how stupid American voters are for half of them to jump head first into a guilt trip vote that ultimately is a vote against their own best interests and the other half to vote purely because it pays them (voter prostitution, anyone?) hated a man worthy of any degree of admiration. I'll say the same thing I said about the asshat the cops shot in St Louis that all the idiots rioted over, you need to pick someone worthy of an emotion other than spite and disdain as an example of "America's racism" before you have anything to hang your hat on. As it stands right now, you're pointing at someone truly detestable and crappy and saying "Hey, you hate him because he's a minority." Curious that, considering how much crap the people throwing those accusations dumped on good, smart, qualified men like Mr Cain and Dr. Carson...
edit on 2-11-2017 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Seriously? 'Alt-left,' friend... same as what you and I have been talking about for the past several posts in our little palaver here.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   

a reply to: network dude

Nah.

I think the divide is too wide now. Leftists will never admit to their errors because they are too entrenched in identity politics. It'd be like admitting they were wrong.

And as we all know. . . . .no one is EVER wrong.

It's a pity, but nothing short of a zombie apocalypse will reunite the country.

Trumpinistas are the "Zombie Apocalypse".

K~

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek

a reply to: network dude

Nah.

I think the divide is too wide now. Leftists will never admit to their errors because they are too entrenched in identity politics. It'd be like admitting they were wrong.

And as we all know. . . . .no one is EVER wrong.

It's a pity, but nothing short of a zombie apocalypse will reunite the country.

Trumpinistas are the "Zombie Apocalypse".

K~

Then you leftists are safe, zombies only want brains.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Ah yes,

People saying crap like this drove masses to vote against you. Keep telling everyone how racist, sexist, and unwelcome they are in your party if they disagree with the crazy identity politics and hatred then wonder why you loose elections???

While I agree with your general sentiment (that is, I agree people's disdain for Hillary had nothing to do with her being female), I really wish we could get past having schadenfreude as a motivating factor in whom we vote for.

I know it doesn't seem that way when we're fighting on the internet, but we really are, for the most part, in this mess together.

Plus, I wish people would vote based upon policies rather than political manipulations and internet radicalization...

I mean, a man can dream...

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 01:20 AM
link   

What are you talking about? I have posted a lot and I dont know which comment you are talking about.

I'm truly confused too, the "alt-left" isn't a term being used by people on the left. Alt-right, however, is a term coined by and used by people on the far-right. They proudly call themselves "alt-right".

There isn't anyone on the far left calling themselves, or proudly waving around the moniker "alt-left". The term, and its usage are strictly a media invention. Alt-right, on the other hand isn't a term "invented" by the media, but by its own people who identify behind it.

I've seen first hand progressives turn on SJW-types and eat them alive. I distinctly remember reading a discussion on how Sean Spicer went to the Apple store and was bullied by some obnoxious woman. Out of thousands of reddit posts, you could probably count on one hand the number of progressives in the echo chamber defending her outrageous behavior.

There's a fundamental difference between the "left" and the "right". The left is typical more "individualistic" -- they don't always line up behind their own people. They'll toss their own under the bus a lot quicker than those of the more conservative persuasion. There was a literally war over Hillary among progressives. If liberals would have behaved like conservatives and just held their noses and disregarded their own moral issues with Hillary, she would have won.

I think it has to do with the authoritarian and rule of law mindset that people who self-identify as conservative have. They respect authority, and if a leader emerges to the top of the dog pile, they'd rather join despite having personal issues than be left out of the group.

There's a saying ... "Liberals fall in love, conservatives fall in line". That certainly seems to play out in reality. Every day I see liberals attacking other liberals. Many saying they felt as if they would be compromising their own moral code to vote for someone like Hillary, while others yelling about the "bigger picture". You don't really see that (at least not on the same level) with conservatives. The two sides are simply wired differently upstairs in the brain.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   
neither side will waver until you guys have real hobbies again like the good ol days--going online to complain about # is not a hobby

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: 711117
neither side will waver until you guys have real hobbies again like the good ol days--going online to complain about # is not a hobby

I do long for the days where memes were sportsball related and guys with neckbeards cared more about sports than a political system they don't understand.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join