It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man, I am WHIPPED (and sore)!!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Jesus, man. And I thought removing and putting a lawnmower tire on a rim was brutal, I can only imagine a huge ass tractor tire.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I got to put the tires on the forty seven Mccormick cub tractor next summer. I have been putting it off. Those tires are not nearly as heavy as yours. But I have had the tires for four years now and I know that changing them will raise my blood pressure really high. I think I might take them to the shop that changes Tractor tires, for a hundred bucks a tire they will put the new ones on. I did buy tubes in case the rims were rusty, but may or may not need them. I do have some brand new tire stems I got when I bought a cabinet from a gas station which contained lots of patches and parts for fixing tires. I paid twenty five bucks for the whole lot, I have used probably twenty valve stems out of it and the drawer is still full.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
FCD, I actually miss experiences like that so dearly that I struggle to put it into words.

Its tough, frustrating, exhausting labor. And, man do you miss it, when you can't do it anymore.

Cherish those blood, sweat, and tears.

And.. uh.. wimmin drivers, amirite?

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Jesus wept Clay! You're getting too old to be playing them games. Either get someone else to do it or get one of those tyre off rim machines and build a bench and small hoist to make using it easier, then you can offer your own tyre changing business.
If I lived by you I would be round to help for a couple of beers.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Well, that story turned out different then I expected!
Thought you had found one of these in the tire!

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: AboveBoard

Sorry, my brain was just slow (as is the rest of me this morning). I guess my title was a little bit risque' depending on the reader's viewpoint!

Didn't you ask your wife to help. All of us women aren't dainty little things afraid of chipping the polish on our nails.

LOL.....Des

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: Raggedyman

This is just a liiiiiiiiiitle teency, teeny-tiney, bit bigger than a wheelbarrow tire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!

Yeah but it was the EXACT SAME situation, didnt you read Aliensuns pain
Just feel for the wheelbarrow guy, them wheelbarrow tyres can be a bitch
Tractor tyres, meh

Sorry FCD, Aliensusn comment was just so ludicrous in context, it deserved some attention

top topics

<< 1   >>

join