It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survey: Fifth of Jewish Millenials believe Christ is The One.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 04:01 AM
link   
This is personally beautiful news for me to read:

www.jpost.com...

Study: One-fifth of Jewish millennials believe Jesus is the son of God

The study surveyed 599 Jews born from 1984 to 1999. The survey creates a contradictory portrait of Jewish millennials: These young adults describe themselves as religious, and practice Jewish ritual, but are unaffiliated. They value tradition and family, but don’t plan on marrying only Jews. They are proud to be Jewish, but don’t feel that contradicts with practicing other religions.

I must state very clearly though that I personally am NOT engaged in activity to convert anyone. I am struggling enough converting myself. I take a great interest in Christianity and Judaism as any one who knows my subject matter here understands. I do, however, know the limits of my own compromised self and pray for forgiveness for all my deficits (of which there are many). I love and respect Jewish and Israeli culture and history very much. It has been a delight. I have witnessed Israel growing as I have grown from the late 1960s. My love and respect is genuine, very genuine. It is not political in essence, but it does have to express itself politically because realism dictates that necessity in our "political world". On that score, it is not my business to go interfering in terms of any notions of converting; I must respect it for what it is and not alienate by colonizing (even spiritual colonization). When I visit Israel I shut up and listen to the parent culture of Christianity. My own stance is that I can't have the complete Christian experience without relationship to the Hebrew roots. Without Moses or David we can't appreciate Christ, Peter and Paul.

I keep my religion alive in my own way on my own terms. I no longer trust others to get in the way of Christ and me. May be we should always, each of us, have let our "teachers be few"? I try to fathom and face the challenges of the modern world not to be self righteous, a hypocrite, putting others down to make you look big and right, forcing your ways on others and I try not to "put out" general bigotry side effects of a poor understanding of the "path" I boast of following by practicing the very judgement I am taught not impose on others . My religion is a personal creative relationship with Christ. There is no Christ without THE WORD, His WORD. They call Him THE WORD. It is the Way we understand the Spirit. Without the Word the Spirit has no human voice. I read His WORD and that is the ONLY way I can understand Him presently. He came here to let others write down what He spoke with his mouth.

The Hebrews did bring us all this. It did not come from any other place. I do believe The Mighty One scooped up Abraham out of Ur and presented something very special to this plain of creation. If you look at the contract they made one party has honored EVERY WORD. The other has tried every kind of deviance in its imagination and had to stand the legally binding correction of its Court, but it did complete the mission.

This all blows my mind in a very nice way sometimes. I chose well which general path to follow though I still get lost in the thicket all the time; that is human nature. That is why we do need a constant guide by our side. I know I chose the right Companion through this life. It fits with the digital age so beautifully. This Christianity is crazily adaptable and fluid.

Blessings to Israel on this special day from a friend.

edit on 2-11-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 04:08 AM
link   
>you believe a jew is god.
>jews believe in a jewish messiah

its a vicious cycle

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9
Unfortunately there may be a little unconscious subjectvity in the survey results. From your source;

... the organization that commissioned and funded it: Jews for Jesus, the evangelical group that for decades has been trying to draw Jews toward belief in Christ...

The survey was conducted by the Barna Group, a reputable polling firm specializing in religion, especially conservative Christianity, and was sent to the media with endorsements by Jewish studies professors. But its goal was to conduct market research for “Messianic Jews.” And Jews for Jesus likes what it sees.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 04:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Unfortunately there may be a little unconscious subjectvity in the survey results. From your source;

... the organization that commissioned and funded it: Jews for Jesus, the evangelical group that for decades has been trying to draw Jews toward belief in Christ...

The survey was conducted by the Barna Group, a reputable polling firm specializing in religion, especially conservative Christianity, and was sent to the media with endorsements by Jewish studies professors. But its goal was to conduct market research for “Messianic Jews.” And Jews for Jesus likes what it sees.

Yes, I know all about them. I have known about them for years. Remember it is a Jewish/Israeli newspaper and site that is posting the article. It must be careful to maintain political correctness. It must kind of satisfy its American backers, relate to the Christian American audience who are VERY important to Israel in terms of friendship and support and not "p" off the Jewish audience. It's a "political world" we all have to live and survive in.

In my personal understanding I know that those figures are roughly correct. Israel knows that it has many friends among Messianic Jews and Christians. There are many Jews who practice Judaism, but believe in their hearts that Christ is the Messiah. It is as the Bible said it would be.

Argue with that if you like. I study Christian and Jewish culture every day. I read about it in the present all the time. I told you I am also expressing myself politically. It is the real world. My religions does inform my politics whether anyone else likes it or not.

I would say those figures are right. Yes, of course the Jews for Jesus are wanting to present something positive. I don't think they are lying. Please remember they are JEWS. They are Christian Jews. It is their business.

I have zero problem with where things are at. I respect and take an interest in Jewish culture and don't expect it to transform unless it wants to. I have zero problem with Jews for Jesus. Israel lets them operate there because they are Israeli citizens and Jews. Israel is a free democracy remember, though lots of people don't understand that. They only see what they want to see. Go visit if you don't believe me. It is a vibrant and very fascinating developing culture.

Jews for Jesus are American funded, too. There are many American Jews involved with that organization. The U.S and Israel are very much bound together and so with the UK, too. It's a mighty effective team on all levels. I shall be encouraging it constantly as I told you before because it is the best chance we have at collective freedom right now. I am a realist. I don't sit there letting my religion do nothing. It is alive and in the world. I don't just let my spirituality waft like an opium pipe dream or even worse like a bad smelling fart. What's anybody gonna do about that? I am free to express it and myself. it is the privilege of my freedom and a clear sign of success in our Western civilization that I am wanting to nurture BIG TIME, hint hint.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 04:37 AM
link   
But the Jews, 'told' on Jesus, 'fingered' Jesus, insisted he be put to death, even when the Romans found no cause.

They would do the same thing today.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
But the Jews, 'told' on Jesus, 'fingered' Jesus, insisted he be put to death, even when the Romans found no cause.

They would do the same thing today.

That is not true. Why aren't they doing that to me then and all the other Christians? Instead even Benjamin Netanyahu recently got all possessive about Jesus saying that He spoke the Hebrew language when the Israeli Prime Minister ENTERTAINED the CHRISTIAN Pope and gave him a very warm welcome with honours. He was right because Jesus would have spoken Aramaic and Hebrew. He would also have known some Greek and Latin as Israel had a huge Hellenic influence at that time as well as the occupying Romans being present.

Israel and modern Jews are not like that. They are freedom loving Western people. You are utterly blinded by your own prejudice. I can't help you if that is what you believe. I feel sorry for you that you are being so deceived. You need to expose yourself to certain education. I think you are judging Jews on the extreme element. They are a community of hard liners within Israel. All nations have such people as you know. The UK has its extremes, so does the U.S. That is why you are being anti Semite. You are making special rules to judge Israel and the Jews by. Apply the same logic to all. It is the only advice I can give you.

That is as much as I am going to even address comments like these. You will have to stew in your own judgement and reap what you sow if you allow yourselves to be so sabotaged by prejudices.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I would like you to be right.
But I'm aware how much wanting something to be true can affect the judgement, so I tend to compensate for that by erring on the side of caution.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 05:00 AM
link   

That is not true.

Which part isn't true?

Why aren't they doing that to me then and all the other Christians?

What passes for christianity today is corrupted.

Israel and modern Jews are not like that. They are freedom loving Western people. You are utterly blinded by your own prejudice.

You must be a churchian, defending the 'Holy Land' and the Chosenites? Special people and special dirt...

God doesn't play favorites. Jews are not better than everyone else, nor is dirt 'Holy'.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 05:32 AM
link   

That is what you are misinterpreting in many way's, in the bible were it say's Jew's also remember that Christian's are part of Jewry THROUGH the blood of Christ that the first apostles are Jewish and that the Jew's are the people God chose for this purpose, all else is and was as it was meant to be.

The Second coming is exactly as the Orthodox Jew's are believing and for many Jews it takes until then for them to realize that he is the Messiah.

Everything happened as and when it was meant to even the Lord's Crucifixion, remember the night before they came Jesus prayed for the cup to be taken from him but not his (Jesus as the Man) will but the fathers (God the Father) be done, he knew the suffering he would have to face before he ever did and even on the cross he asked for the people - the Jews whom persecuted him - to be forgiven because "They know not what they do" they were acting to fulfill the prophecy as indeed did he, the bitter cup it seem's was passed around.

Why did he choose the children of Israel, why did he banish the worship of idol's, the sacrifice of children in the arm's of bronze statues with furnaces inside them, why did he forge his chosen, why did he tell Jacob that he would SCATTER his descendant's including the Jews into every nation, Why did Jesus refer to himself as Jewish - he was of course but "Because Salvation come's from the Jews".

Remember also history, the persecution of the Jews only began because they were a problem people for the Roman empire, they rebelled and so the Roman's tried to eradicated them by destroying there homeland and by enslaving them, enough escaped though that they did not only retain there identity but it flowered and they continued to hold onto it in spite of there constant persecution, being forced to move on all the time as a people devoid of there homeland.

At this time the NEW Jewish sect of Christianity was also persecuted BECAUSE it was JEWISH, later the empire embraced Christianity but it was perverted almost beyond recognition, a whole class of clerics converted over night and formed the new priesthood, from Commune/Kibbutz and house church style Christianity the religion became a tool of state and these pagan priesthood whom did not understand the meaning of the Jews persecuting Christ, that they were now Jews through Christ and shared in that burden of guilt in making that sacrifice of the messiah upon the Cross as well as the salvation his blood brought and his resurrection then misinterpreted the bible - as they were probably always meant to by the Lord - and then spent over a thousand years persecuting the Jews whom clung onto there older version of the religion to which they themselves had converted without understanding that the salvation of Christ most certainly encompasses the Jews whom will eventually accept him at the second coming and many before that.

Remember that the Church is corrupted by the legacy of the Constantine era pagan priesthood whom made it there new home along with there twisting of the church original purpose as a Community of one body through the sacrament of Christ in which all wealth was to be shared by that ONE body - I direct you to the story of Ananias and Sapphira, in THAT church all wealth was held in common and shared as was needed by the congregation so it was a commune comprising the body of Christ on earth but they held back a portion of there wealth for themselves and yet wanted to be otherwise full members of that church - while lying to it and therefore to the holy spirit whose body on earth it was meant to be, there death's were more than allegorical as they were intended as a ruling much as a court decision in a test case is a ruling and as an example for all to learn from there mistake.

And yet today we have priests and pastors in all western church's, nay in all Christian church's that are far more guilty, oh there are undoubtedly saint's among them but they are there.

So seeing themselves as NOT Jews and not understanding that to be saved they have to be the branch grafted on and a part of Jewry these former pagan priests made the Jews the object of there hatred, later when the Jesuit priest Martin Luther printed the bible in German it also led to people whom did not understand also persecuting the Jews and sparked a new wave of renewed anti antisemitism in the Protestant world - all the while forgetting that SALVATION COMES OF THE JEWS.

Dashen

Because GOD the one REAL GOD not some pagan idol made of stone, wood or clay Chose them to fulfill his will.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Today most Christians are unaware that a vast amount of writing from the apostles disciples still exits. There is a ten volume work ny Eerdmans publishing, called the Anti-Nicean Fathers. This set contains most of the existent writings from the disciples of Nicea in AD 325.

The apostles disciples taught the same doctrines from generation to generation and documented when, who, why and where the first change in each doctrine when, who, why, and where the first change in each doctrine was made. Each time someone tried to change doctrine the church fathers attacked them as heretics and yet a few centuries later the same heresy became official church doctrine.

I am a proud Christian as most know here at ATS and it shocks me to see Christians discuss Rome and the Vatican as the church which was not built until late 300's so what about the FIRST 300 years before the Vatican was built and yet they (apostle disciples speak of church.... which we know to be the people and NOT a building)

Many either forgot and do not know that John the Apostle was released from prison and lived another 22 years and assisted in selecting CHRISTIAN bishops to send to other nations to preach the Gospel (most of these were the 70 disciples who Jesus sent out to preach the Gospel) and yet when Bishop LINUS (1st bishop of Rome NOT A POPE) entered the city ... from then on since Rome was the world super power it made Rome the city of God (Big mistake).

I recommend to everyone to research the apostles and their disciples in what was written. It will help you in understanding what has been taken away or added to. It will GROUND you with CLEAR basic teachings and sermons they give to the people.
These disciples of John clearly stated:

1. The divinity of Jesus. NUMBER ONE THING THEY PREACHED.... why? Gnostics was becoming popular around 50 AD and gnostic teachings were shunned and debunked!
1A. The Trinity ..... the father, the son and Holy Spirit are ONE!
2. No reincarnation.
2a. There will be a resurrection .... actually two.
3. Angels and mankind have FREE WILL to make up their own minds (soul).
4. according to OBE..... your spirit can only leave its body when dead. Demons trick those who think OBE is real.
5. Your spirit does not dissolve when you die....
6. There is a hell.
7. There is a heaven.

Read up on Cyprian, Tertullian, Clement of Rome, Origen, Irenaeus, Polykarp, Hippolytus, Justin Martyr, Papias, Barnabas, and many more.....

Seek and you shall find.

edit on 2-11-2017 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   

That is why you are being anti Semite.

Way to shut down the discussion - you threw the Hitler Card.

I let you wallow in your Balfour dance thread without comment but you really should do some digging into Zionism

www.rense.com...

Everytime you give credence to Zionism you worship your Rothschild overlords who have been sending men to die in wars for the last 400 years. They also control every aspect of your financial serfdom

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

I have recently watched some testimonials by Jews to Christianity . I remember back to my conversion and remember how badly I was scorned and ridiculed but compared to what these Jews go through it was nothing ... Now your thread that has "jew" and "Israel" in it ,two words that are ambiguous in that it meant something back in the day and that today means many things . Paul in Romans writes that all Israel will be saved and many have understood it to mean different things .

What was Paul thinking when he wrote that . Do we just pick a definition we like or is it important to understand what it means . Mike Heiser did a podcast on this very subject that I think you may find helpful . One thing about it is that Dr. Heiser will introduce you to the many options .
This one testimony caused me to watch others . His experience is not unique but it was severe

edit on 2-11-2017 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join