It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Revelations verse?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
Barley is harvested before the wheat--and was not as choice of a grain as wheat was considered to be. In the book of Ruth it is representative of gentiles (Ruth was a Moabitess) just as wheat is representative of Israel (such as in the parable of the wheat and the tares).
In 2Kings 7:1, Elisha declares that the LORD values fine flour at twice the price of Barley.

The idea of the beam between the balance might also represent a union, a joining, such as of the gentiles into the Israel of God--and the population of gentiles in the world was far greater, so it is an image of there being 2/3 gentiles for every native born Israelite entering His Kingdom.

The oil and the wine represent those who God has sent to this world for His work--the oil represents the annointed ones, such as the prophets and apostles. Wine represents mortal souls (water) who have been washed in the blood of Christ and quickened with the Spirit to become Living Souls (wine--the product of the harvest of the vineyard, after it has passed through the 'winepress of God's wrath'--which is actually the persecution and suffering that all true followers of our LORD endure in this world--it is a good thing to pass through the winepress of God's wrath!)

The oil and the wine must not be harmed or touched in the judgment days--because they have already been judged favorably. They are 'immune', so to speak, proven and refined by the Fire (which previously came on the red horse, but that's saved for another post), and are now servants/slaves of God.

This is exactly what I was looking for and could not see. This scripture was very elusive to me, and symbolically representing the peoples makes perfect sense in a figurative language - I thank you. The tie in with the balance works well also.

There is a lot of symbology in the meanings behind common things in the bible, which was why Jesus spoke in parables. Not because it cannot be explained in factual terms, but that the truth of God's plans must remain secret until the end, because salvation HAS to rely on faith. If everything written was plain as day with validation, then any idiot could understand. I have known for a long time that most scriptures have a spiritual meaning and you won't get it unless it is revealed to you, either directly or indirectly through someone who can explain it.

Again, thanks for the insight.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Hey~~

Thanks for actually receiving my words!! You may be the first that ever really did (on the subject of Revelation)....

Have a wonderful day and may God bless you EVERYDAY!

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   
isn't the whole of revelations strange?

cryptic commentaries on contemporary societies tend to be.

what better way to throw the romans off your trail than to confuse them senseless

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   
The second line is actually very easy, VERY EASY! Well for me that is. When it talks about oil its meaning that you must not deplete all the worlds oil supply. And wine, it seems to me like thats water you must not use all of it b/c theres only so much on earth. One thing to point out, wine was drank more than water back then b/c water is naturally dirty and they did not have the nessecary tools required to clean it.

But Im saying this not like what it actually means, its just what I think it means.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Also coming in to mind is not to waste and polute water.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069
I have studied Revelations for a long long time and understand much of what it is trying to say, but one verse eludes me in particular. I am wondering if anyone has any ideas of what the verse Rev6:6 means:

"and I heard a voice in the midst of the four living creatures saying, `A measure of wheat for a denary, and three measures of barley for a denary,' and `The oil and the wine thou mayest not injure.'

I have read commentary that the wheat and barley values indicated a time of inflated costs or a possible famine, as both of these are used to make bread, however I am skeptical as prices are always being inflated so it does not seem to point to a specific time that we could predict when this is to happen.

The 2nd sentence talks of oil and wine and not "injuring" it. I have no clue what this means. Does it mean that oil and wine are okay in some way, or they are not affected? Let's hear what you all think.

Look closely, thou, that gives you a BIG clue. Thou refers to people or the world, it means all people as if they arent supposed to harm it in some way like injure - as in polution or depletion.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join