It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama"Are we protecting our men too much, so that they feel a little entitled

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
More awesome words of wisdom from Michelle.
While wearing what appears to be her hubby's largest flannel, she tells us normals that we raise our girls and love our boys. And this leads them (boys/men) to a feeling of entitlement. Of course raising girls must be vacant of love? Men feel entitled to what?
Obama continued speaking at the first Obama Foundation international summit and she goes on to tell us that that men are essentially babied and protected by women, while women are raised to be “strong.” Yes I recall the strong leadership of school lunches, and those schools could not drop that half assed program fast enough.

The short video is reinforcement to my feelings of strong dislike for this women. I don't know what family or families she is talking about, but I have not seen boys being "babied" and girls being raised to be strong. More thoughtless crap from the former first lady.

+21 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Wait! I thought we were supposed to be raising GURRLLS and teaching our little boys to get in touch with their feminine sides so that they avoid that toxic masculinity?

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
man gets upset over women calling themselves strong, should be the thread title.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yeah the study I heard was girls are pampered and boys are treated more stern, it being about how the genders naturally respond to the genders (especially from dads the framing I heard discussed). I heard one of those random happy morning talk radio shows talking about the study. Made sense everything they were saying.
edit on 1-11-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I remember a hard and ugly disposition on Michelle during her stint as the first lady.

She loves to use women's everyday life is an epic struggle, and raising children is also an epic biblical calling that all must constantly reflect on and do daily navel staring.
Very little pith that falls from her mouth is useful. Oh I'm ranting.

I do not like her or Hillary, they lack class and are blunt to the point of annoying me, something that is very very rare.

edit on 1-11-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: cinerama

More like man finds it ironic that strong woman now laments lack of strong men after feminists went out of their way to create said weak men.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
OP, maybe switch to decaf?

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
She is expressing a failing that does exist in SOME families as if it happens in all families. There are also SOME families where fathers love their girls and raise their boys. And than there are SOME families where moms love their boys and girls and don't raise ether of them... and ect ect.

She isn't wrong about the existance of the phonomina. She is wrong in her sweeping generalisation.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Second most disgusting person around. Why is it even relevant enough to make news?

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Well, she has a fair point, the rightwingers on here keep bitching and moaning that boys are mollycoddled wuss-asses nowadays.

Suddenly there's backtracking because Michelle agrees? That's some impressive conditional commitment to the claim, folks.

+10 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
White male privilege is most readily apparent in divorce court and child custody hearings.
The crap these men get away with is just disgusting!

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
White male privilege is most readily apparent in divorce court and child custody hearings.
The crap these men get away with is just disgusting!

Don't temp me, ATA, don't tempt me. I could rant for days how unjustifiable & predatory the heavy slant towards women in custody arraignments and child support figures is.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals
way to cherrypick

link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Well, she has a fair point, the rightwingers on here keep bitching and moaning that boys are mollycoddled wuss-asses nowadays.

Suddenly there's backtracking because Michelle agrees? That's some impressive conditional commitment to the claim, folks.

Backtracking? Hardly. I just find it ironic that someone from the feminist side of things is now bitching about something her own cohort helped create with their ideas. This is what trying to turn boys into little girls emotionally creates.

link   
Boy creatures have a wilder nature so dealing with them more stern makes sense; being a wild boy myself I know we need it.

And being a male I see the logic I presume most other men have about females being precious creatures. So the more pampered treatment seems natural to me.

Here's the thing about this treating boys like girls, you're still not going to simply take the 'wild' side out of them, nor the sex DRIVE, so go ahead and twist their gender logic all up but unless you clip their nuts off I dont see this curing the "problem". Instead at best I'd expect weird sexual fetishes in adults, and all sorts of other "unintended" odd behavior across all age levels. Appealing to the physical brain thought patterns inside the brain can only get you so far... the chemistry affecting all of those electrical connections its still in there doing what it does, geniuses.

Perhaps the Brave New World solution to all of this gender "problem" stuff, that they''re probably already cooking up, is everyone having chemically altering balanced testosterone vs estrogen levels, which adds a potential 1984 asexual angle to their diabolical game as well.

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
She is so full of herself. She knows nothing about raising boys. When she talked about them perhaps feeling "entitled", maybe she was thinking about that self-righteous bozo she is married to.

She's just another kitchen psychologist that likes to hear herself talk.

The Dem women never miss an opportunity lately to denigrate men, especially you white straight guys...you're the worst in their book.
edit on 1-11-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

How the hell would she know... she hasn't raised/loved any boys. She's got two girls and a dog.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

I have to agree. From what I can tell, I agree with Michelle Obama on this one. That said, her political allies are largely the reason this has happened... boys are often brought up nowadays to be emotional, needy, and vulnerable, all things that are against the nature of most males. I disagree with that manner of child upbringing. A boy needs to learn how to shake off physical and emotional pain, at least non-quality of life impacting, i.e. temporary pain, to become a man.

link   
a reply to: fiverx313

No, generally a chummy person.

Just find the act O puts on is disgusting and small. She is an expert patronizer.

+1 more 
link   

originally posted by: six67seven
a reply to: seasonal

How the hell would she know... she hasn't raised/loved any boys. She's got two girls and a dog.

You forgot Trayvon.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join