It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uber bans far-right activist who complained about Muslim Uber drivers

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I am going to be that guy and suggest this is all part of Sadie Khans new terms and conditions for Uber so they can operate in London!

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: DBCowboy

No, you just have to not be a douchebag..ie get in the car and shut your mouth about the race/creed/religion of the driver, and get driven to your destination..it's really simple.

Will you allow people to express themselves before or after they get a ride?

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

No, you just have to not be a douchebag..ie get in the car and shut your mouth about the race/creed/religion of the driver, and get driven to your destination..it's really simple.

Will you allow riders to express themselves by farting?

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Still having trouble with this topic?

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

I do.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Not at all.

You guys won this one!

I give up.

Just working to figure out if I'm liberal enough to ever ride on Uber.

Would hate to get stranded at the airport.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

I do.

Better put clothespin on your nose.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

She can express herself at any time, speech is free and I agree with that concept, however some speech will distance people from you, or has some repucussions..it's still free speech.
Do you expect Uber to send out drivers based on their race/creed/religion? that simply will not work..don't you agree?

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Just working to figure out if I'm liberal enough to ever ride on Uber. Would hate to get stranded at the airport

Why is that, can't just get in a car without insulting the driver..I don't get it?

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

a reply to: Deaf Alien

I wonder how she determines whether they are muslin?

It's a skill, like gaydar, only called shariadar.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Not at all.

You guys won this one!

I give up.

Just working to figure out if I'm liberal enough to ever ride on Uber.

Would hate to get stranded at the airport.

Politics had nothing to do with this issue.

It's about someone being an abusive prick to their employees.

Why you can't seem to get that is beyond me.

Well, you get it I think, but your political partisanship compels you to be dishonest.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Just working to figure out if I'm liberal enough to ever ride on Uber. Would hate to get stranded at the airport

Why is that, can't just get in a car without insulting the driver..I don't get it?

I guess he thinks non-leftists should be able to insult and harass businesses and employees without consequences.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Do you expect Uber to send out drivers based on their race/creed/religion? that simply will not work..don't you agree?

I do agree.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

How is she determining faith?

Well. In my experience with this life, that this reality has granted to me, determining what faith someone is can be garnered through different ways. How someone dresses can be an indication of someone's faith. If someone can understand languages and do some geography to determine where each specific dialect of that language was located in Muslim controlled countries, they could determine with great accuracy what belief system they would more likely associated with.
Just asking them is the best way to be certain though.

I don't know how she determined it. There are many different ways to determine it. That is a good question none-the-less. We need more information before you or me can determine the answer to it.

I'll ask again though how is she determining the faith of a taxi driver?

This is an arrow pointing to the words that answered your question.

Don't act coy,

Well then please stop acting Curt.(Kirk). And that is how you put an Star Trek reference into this conversation.

I already stated that hypothetically the Mexican wasn't hired due to his nationality and/or ethnicity. I was alluding to the statistical chance that such prejudice would be based upon the faith the individual has.

Ok. Got it. Well in your hypothetical scenario, which you have stated that it was not his ethnicity that was the reason he was not hired, then I would say the statistical chance that it being because of his religion would be very low. I would bet it would be the back ground check. Depending on the type of job, it could be his education. You can put any ethnicity into that hypothetical scenario and it would work out just the same. I view it as irrelevant to the OP.

I'm not sure what was difficult to comprehend on how I expressed my POV...

I agree. Try harder next time. Some of us might not be as enlightened as you. In order to teach you must first learn.

Either way faith is a protected characteristic, skin colour is a protected characteristic.

Protected from what? Ridicule? That would be an awesome protection to have, but I am afraid all fall to ridicule. If one cannot handle ridicule of their belief's without wanting vengeance of some kind, then his belief's become futile, and insolent. Are you saying it would be better if ridicule of someone's else's beliefs was illegal?

I can make hypothetical situations all day

Congratulations. Have you checked with Guinness to see what the record is?

it won't change the legalities of refusing a service or refusing service due to a protected characteristic.

The Christian cake baker didn't have protected class citizenship when he wanted to refuse service? Do you deny that?

Also, do you think it's OK to hold prejudice against a human being based upon their faith?

It would depend on whether that faith believed it is okay to kill someone if you think they offended you. In that situation you don't need to be highly intelligent to understand how that could be concerning to another culture.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

What about afterwards?

I get that it's not nice while you're getting a ride.

link   

I know DB is big on free speech, I get it and respect that, but's it's foolish to think that there is no consequence for it on occasion.

link   
One question about this request:

How will people share their experiences without knowing if they are Muslims? Do they ask the drivers? How about black people? There are many black Muslims. Will they give pictures and names of the drivers? What if some people lie about their experience to further the agenda? So many questions.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha
a reply to: xuenchen

I used to drive for them. We can totally ban racists. Why shouldn't we? If somebody poses a threat to a driver (e.i. overt racism, homophobia, etc), the drivers report them and they are banned. Riders are also rated by the drivers so most people who are jerks will get skipped over by most drivers.

Ah, i see... So if a left-winger driver asks a UBER passenger "so what do you think about politics these days?" or asks some other question dealing with politics and the passenger happens to lean to the right, the "left-winger driver" can make up a story of "this is another ebil (this is a new left-wing word I just made up, I should charge people for using it) right-winger, let's ban him/her... He/she is a straight male/female who doesn't agree with the left-wing agenda". That's essentially what you are saying.

BTW, this latest attack was done by a Muslim who immigrated to the U.S. in 2010 under the Obama administration open door policy to allow all Muslim refugees from regions being controlled by ISIS/Al Nushra into the country without being properly vetted. How many such Muslim refugees have been doing terrorist acts like this one, and other criminal activities?...

edit on 2-11-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

I know DB is big on free speech, I get it and respect that, but's it's foolish to think that there is no consequence for it on occasion.

That's why I ceded the point.

Based on ideology, (which is expressed in speech) Uber can discriminate.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

What about afterwards?

You can say what you like, but you might not get a ride next time, that's a consequence..in the case of Uber where your info is required anyway.
You can always hail a cab.
Do you think it's something that Uber could do without creating a sh@tstorm(sending you a driver based on their religion?)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join