It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uber bans far-right activist who complained about Muslim Uber drivers

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: xuenchen

So businesses can ban people if they don't agree with the customers ideology.

Let's celebrate with a cake!

Anyone know any bakers?

It's totally fine to refuse service to someone for being a jerk, not wearing pants, generally hurting business type stuff.

Ever see those 'no shirt, no shoes, no service' signs?

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Abysha

She is allowed her opinion, even if it is unpopular. I read the tweets, didn't seem too harsh.

What exact tweet is the one that broke the camels back and got her banned?

I cannot answer that, but when I saw a tweet of another person asking for her advice on what to do based on the name of the Uber driver they had, I realized why Uber would do such a thing.

That's the crux of it isn't it?

Yes.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Laura Loomer, the right wing SJW who interrupted a stage play featuring the assassination of Trump.

(No, I do not support that they set up a play about assassinating Trump but acting like a spoiled child is not the solution)

edit on 11/1/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

GASP! There's such thing as a right wing SJW?
*Looks out window*
Whew. The sky is not falling.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

Laura Loomer, the right wing SJW who interrupted a stage play featuring the assassination of Trump.

Yup.

She's also a Right Wing nutter that worked for James Okeefe and Project Veritas.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

I used to drive for them. We can totally ban racists. Why shouldn't we? If somebody poses a threat to a driver (e.i. overt racism, homophobia, etc), the drivers report them and they are banned. Riders are also rated by the drivers so most people who are jerks will get skipped over by most drivers.

Why not just ban all human drivers? Uber is working on it...

One day the wealthy will be the only ones to own automobiles. The rest of us will wait for self driving 'taxis', subways, amtraks and busses.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

I used to drive for them. We can totally ban racists. Why shouldn't we? If somebody poses a threat to a driver (e.i. overt racism, homophobia, etc), the drivers report them and they are banned. Riders are also rated by the drivers so most people who are jerks will get skipped over by most drivers.

One day the wealthy will be the only ones to own automobiles. The rest of us will wait for self driving 'taxis', subways, amtraks and busses.

Yep. It will be a racist's utopia, being able to mutter how much they hate robots stealing all the jobs and the robot just won't care.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Yep. It will be a racist's utopia, being able to mutter how much they hate robots stealing all the jobs and the robot just won't care.

Couldn't help it:

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Yeah, they do. Gayness is made into this huge wedge issue by people who call themselves "Christian", despite being only mentioned a couple of times in the entire Bible.

Sorry if my opinion triggers you so badly?

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
It's amazing how smart people play dumb here.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Without 'er Jobs, there will be noobody riding them.

The way everything is being automated to save on labor costs, combined with corporations paying less and less taxes.

That isn't going to 'work'. Who's going to pay taxes if there are no workers?

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

Not triggered, but you seem to leave out the killing of gays by other religions.

If I were gay I would want to deal with Christians as apposed to many other religions who will cast you off buildings.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Not triggered, but you seem to leave out the killing of gays by other religions.

If I were gay I would want to deal with Christians as apposed to many other religions who will cast you off buildings.

Christianity may have mellowed out today but the hate continues on.

Christians still kill gay people in other countries. Pat Robertson even funded them.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Oh, you haven't heard about the "Christian" armies in Africa, have you? No? Genocide of entire villages? That sort of thing?

Yeah, "Team Christ" ain't so clean either buddy.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Depends where you 'demograph'.

The film Boys Don't Cry is about what they do with 'sexual identity crises' in Nebraska.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Depends where you 'demograph'.

The film Boys Don't Cry is about what they do with 'sexual identity crises' in Nebraska.

One of the saddest movies.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Gays are being thrown off buildings in the US?

I always figured it was lawfulness that comes before religious doctrine, especially in the US. Last I checked sexuality was a protected characteristic and attempted murder is a crime.

I can't see why anything you said is relevant to "cakes" or the refusal of service to someone who will only accept service if the driver isn't of a certain ethnicity.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Funny story, I actually do know a guy who does base jumping that's gay. He's probably thrown himself off lots of buildings quite literally.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

Gays are being thrown off buildings in the US?

I always figured it was lawfulness that comes before religious doctrine, especially in the US. Last I checked sexuality was a protected characteristic and attempted murder is a crime.

I can't see why anything you said is relevant to "cakes" or the refusal of service to someone who will only accept service if the driver isn't of a certain ethnicity.

Yes, and that's just what happened here, Uber banned her because she was being selective, while her complaint was that she wanted someone who wasn't a Muslim. The onus was on her to take whomever she preferred, and she verbally de-selected herself as per her tweet from using a cab that had a Muslim driver...so why is she complaining?
The company was right to use their T&C's, same as ATS does here.
In fact, the lady's phobia may be better explained with her tweets about the Taxi driver, who was Muslim and had sex with a woman passenger, who appeared to be intoxicated/unconscious, but who did get off the charge of rape when there was a lack of evidence..and there was video, but there must some loophole there legally in the definition of rape..I don't know, however that obviously would be applicable to all citizens as of now.
But that doesn't make her tweet right this time, it's selective fear mongering.
Ironically, the Op's link is busted because of additional text in the link, which is otherwise available...I'm wondering about that??

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Honestly, who the # cares about who Uber bans? The company itself is being banned in cities all over the world because they employ illegal migrants, violent criminals and sexual predators.

This seems like a flimsy attempt at virtue signalling to distract from their own serious problems.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join