It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uber bans far-right activist who complained about Muslim Uber drivers

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Trump: "I want only orange driver".
Uber: "Uh there aren't any orange people. Only you. Drive yourself."

*Ducks*

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: DBCowboy

What about afterwards?

You can say what you like, but you might not get a ride next time, that's a consequence..in the case of Uber where your info is required anyway.
You can always hail a cab.
Do you think it's something that Uber could do without creating a sh@tstorm(sending you a driver based on their religion?)

I think the idea is stupid, but we just as a Muslim Uber driver kill 8 and injure 12.

So maybe there's concern.

It's human nature. Doesn't make it right, but sh#t, people are scared.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: 3daysgone

We know that Islam is not a race. The point is how does the lady know if they are Muslim or non-Muslim? You can't see their belief. Is she a psychic or what?

By looking for signs of their religion as they come into visual. She could ask them is another way. Prayer rugs also suggest a higher percentage that someone could be Muslim. Some people also just jump to conclusions that someone is a Muslim, but that is what you are doing so I take it to mean that you agree it can be used as way to do it.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

What about afterwards?

You can say what you like, but you might not get a ride next time, that's a consequence..in the case of Uber where your info is required anyway.
Do you think it's something that Uber could do without creating a sh@tstorm(sending you a driver based on their religion?)

I think the idea is stupid, but we just as a Muslim Uber driver kill 8 and injure 12.

If James Alex Fields Jr drove for Uber, would we be scared of the white supremacists?

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

What about afterwards?

If James Alex Fields Jr drove for Uber, would we be scared of the white supremacists?

I'd think twice about a white guy driving.

Irrational?

Sure is.

But humans are rarely rational 100% of the time.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

We know that Islam is not a race. The point is how does the lady know if they are Muslim or non-Muslim? You can't see their belief. Is she a psychic or what?

By looking for signs of their religion as they come into visual. She could ask them is another way. Prayer rugs also suggest a higher percentage that someone could be Muslim. Some people also just jump to conclusions that someone is a Muslim, but that is what you are doing so I take it to mean that you agree it can be used as way to do it.

So in NYC where brown drivers are common, they wasted gas coming to pick her up?
Driver rolls down window.
Laura: "Are you a Muslim?"
Driver: "Uh yes?"
Laura: "Bye. I'll find another driver."

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

t's human nature. Doesn't make it right, but sh#t, people are scared.

We all know what happens when people act out of fear. Irrationality.

I think Uber jumped to the wrong conclusion and if this story gains any traction will likely cost them, just like the NFL.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

I get the gist of what you're trying to say, sometimes there just are no easy answers..better to just be polite and keep those personal feeling to yourself(not you personally) and get your ride.
She is making unreal expectations of Uber that they cannot oblige, that is how I see it as opposed to then discriminating against her.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

So in NYC where brown drivers are common, they wasted gas coming to pick her up?
Driver rolls down window.
Laura: "Are you a Muslim?"
Driver: "Uh yes?"
Laura: "Bye. I'll find another driver."

That is just as plausible as the other hypothetical scenario. Maybe she didn't have to ask very many.
And what I think is missing from this conversation is a question.

How do you know that every driver that came to pick her up wasn't Muslim?

I do see your point with the wasted gas. I could understand them refusing service for that.
edit on 2-11-2017 by 3daysgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

That's the question isn't it?

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I try hard not to fear anyone, anyone can go nuts at anytime no matter their race/religion. Fear and worry are just not helpful thing's to carry around with you..it eats up too much good energy.
I figure if my time is up..no amount of fear or worry will change it.

For some reason a line from the movie Dune just popped into my head: "I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer"
edit on 2-11-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Would it make it better for you if they were white?

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Yeah, and then someone suggested racism, which is not off the table, but still lacks proof.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Yeah, and then someone suggested racism, which is not off the table, but still lacks proof.

If she is not racist that would mean she asked every driver who came to pick her up.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

a reply to: Deaf Alien

Would it make it better for you if they were white?

They show the pictures of drivers on app.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

If she is not racist that would mean she asked every driver who came to pick her up.

Not at all. She could have seen prayer rugs. She could have seen the Quaran and jumped to a conclusion. Yeah. Jumping to conclusions is very bad, but it doesn't make you racist.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
If anyone was harassing or berating one of my employees', I'd ban them too.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Not at all. She could have seen prayer rugs. She could have seen the Quaran and jumped to a conclusion. Yeah. Jumping to conclusions is very bad, but it doesn't make you racist.

And if there's no prayer rug? Would she have gotten in?

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

And if there's no prayer rug? Would she have gotten in?

You do know who she is by now, right?

She was investigating how many Muslims in New York were driving for Uber, after the attack of the bicyclists by a Muslim who drove for Uber? Are you not curious at all of how big a potential threat could be?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join