It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is degenerate

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I don't know. It is sort of weird to spend almost 30 years living abroad, but coming back to visit once a year or so.
You see changes more clearly. The changes that have marked our minds each time are not for the better.

My husband just got back and he was, once again, shocked by the number of homeless people living on the streets. It seems to be worse each time. He takes photos... which I thought was somewhat perverse at first. I was used to not paying attention. He would take photos of the homeless. Make me look.

There just isn't the same thing here. And it seems to be getting worse the last few years.

He asked why all the women at the big halloween party he went to were dressed in sexy outfits? Sexy everything. He said, "I thought there was a strong movement in the states against sexual harrassment? So why do they all do that? Do they want to be seen as sex objects or not?"

Hell, being married to a foreigner is like having a four year old that makes all your hypocrisy jump out in their questions.
Uh, give me a day or two to consider the question, I'll try to explain when I think I've understood it.

My own family says America is in a period of crisis. I don't know if every generation says this.

edit on 2-11-2017 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

I think living away from the country you grew up in for an extended period can be shocking when you return. I know returning to New Zealand for a decade, made coming back "odd". Similarly returning to the USA (this year) for a visit after 7 years away, was strange.

We tend to have a fixed vision of a place in our head when we are away from it.

Now as for "Dressing sexy". That is not an open invitation to harassment, no matter what some men think. SO I'd debate the outfits are on some level women claiming their right to dress that way. I know some idiots here would call me a Cuck for that, and they can say that to my face and see how it goes

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden
a reply to: Bluesma

I think living away from the country you grew up in for an extended period can be shocking when you return. I know returning to New Zealand for a decade, made coming back "odd". Similarly returning to the USA (this year) for a visit after 7 years away, was strange.

We tend to have a fixed vision of a place in our head when we are away from it.

Now as for "Dressing sexy". That is not an open invitation to harassment, no matter what some men think. SO I'd debate the outfits are on some level women claiming their right to dress that way. I know some idiots here would call me a Cuck for that, and they can say that to my face and see how it goes

Yes. Absolutely. But it makes you ask yourself questions you never asked before.

If you put on something you know will arouse men, isn't that hypocritical to say afterwards you want them to notice your brains or personality instead?

new topics

<< 1   >>

join