It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Fellow Americans, Why Are We Such Suckers ?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Poverty kills much more people than terrorists or immigrants do. If you want to save people from dying vote for liberals who want to fight poverty with social programs.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

And don't forget cancers and heart disease, which combined kill more than 1 million Americans every year. If people really cared about saving American lives, they'd make sure that all Americans had high quality healthcare.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Poverty kills much more people than terrorists or immigrants do. If you want to save people from dying vote for liberals who want to fight poverty with social programs.

Poverty isn’t actively plotting to murder innocent human beings by driving into them, blowing them up, in the name of a fictitious storybook character. This sort of argument is absurd.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

The guy had ISIS propaganda, vile beheadings and torture on his phone. He wanted to display the ISIS flag in his hospital room, showing zero remorse for the humans he ran down with a vehicle. Pretending we deserve it is beyond my conceit.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

While I am not saying we deserve it, no one does, however, part of the rise of ISIS and the current problems in the middle east is due to the west interfering in the Middle east. Britain did start this mess with trying to nation build in Iraq, by installing a puppet king there, along with other nations in the area, after the fall of the Ottoman empire. It caused a big problems later on, when they forced 3 opposing groups under one flag.

Then there is Iran. Ever wonder why Iran does not like the USA? It is due to the interference that the USA had in that country a long time ago, removing a lawfully elected government from power and installing a dictator in its place.

We can not simply ignore our responsibility for the problems that are showing up, due to our actions. The Syrian civil war is a prime example of that, were one power wanted to remove the government, another wanted to keep that in, and the only real solution was for all external powers to keep out of it. It was a civil war.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Ok, here you go:

Lets talk about Timothy McVay, you know the Ok city bomber who blew up the federal building. He was a Christian, and an extremist.

Shall you also look at the times the KKK committed acts of terror in the south during the Civil rights era, and all them were god fearing men.

Larry Wayne Shoemaker

Eric Robert Rudolph, who used Christianity to bomb.

James Charles Kopp.

Benjamin Matthew Williams and James Tyler Williams,

Shawna Forde, Albert Gaxiola, and Jason Bush

Scott Roeder

Robert Lewis Dear

These people under the belief of religion, did not just kill they went and did such to inspire fear in their actions, and all did it in the name of God, all being Christian.

And if we are looking to be safe, then why does the government not do anything about the sheer number of shooting deaths in the country, why are they still allowing for the loopholes and refuse to take up simple gun control to try to stem the tide of gun deaths and violence?

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313
so if 1 m&m in a million is deadly but the other 999,999 are totally cool m&ms and deserve to live good lives out of the danger of the situation they're fleeing, and will be productive citizens? i don't think that's too big a risk.

i'm pretty sure more than 1 in a million of these homegrown m&ms are deadly and i live with that risk. bringing in immigrants might actually lessen the overall odds of getting killed by an m&m.

It is all about the numbers....

Lets say 1.3 billion Muslims are in the world and the vast majority are just good people trying to make ends meet for their family. The problem is we have a few million of them that are not good and would kill you and oh 100 Americans in a heart beat. How do you deal with people like this latest guy that killed 8 in NY? He got the American dream and still wanted to kill all that he could...

When the numbers get large it becomes a world problem and that is what we are dealing with.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
I'm less worried about Muslims than I am about skinheads, and they're home grown. One of these days they'll find the charismatic leader they're looking for, and unless the FBI gets to him first, look out.

How many skin heads have you seen? How many want to kill all that they can no matter what? It takes one person in NY that has this death wish so to speak, I don't think even M13 want to go to this level... The typical person even skinheads have a sense of wanting a normal life. I understand that you see this as a low probability with 330 million Americans around you, but there is significant numbers around the world that it is now a world problem, or do you disagree?

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Lets say 2.2 billion Christians are in the world and the vast majority are just good people trying to make ends meet for their family. The problem is we have a few million of them that are not good and would kill you and oh 100 Americans in a heart beat. How do you deal with people like this latest guy that killed 50 & shot more than 500 in Las Vegas? He got the American dream and still wanted to kill all that he could...

When the numbers get large it becomes a world problem and that is what we are dealing with.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   

If you really, really want answers, watch "One good American" on Netflix. It won't make you feel any better about any of this, but it will explain it so #ing clearly that it's frightening. It's a bit over an hour and well worth your time to watch.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
You have a much greater chance of choking to death on an M&M than dying to a terrorist attack.

It's a pity that our country is now moving towards what our forefathers were actually trying to avoid - living and reacting in fear instead of bravely facing issues. We continue to let our lives be ruled in fear.. it won't make you more free, it will remove freedom. But hey, it might reduce a threat to your person by .001%, so it's all good right?

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

2 in a million christian white people will kill you!

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: Liquesence

Sort of like lumping all Muslims in the same group as the Islamic extremists (terrorists) who pervert and use Islamic teachings to justify their own violent means?

You mean, like that?

No, I mean intolerance of those who hold different opinions than oneself, like I said.

But their "opinion" may be false !!!
Sorry, had to throw that in there lol

Back to topic folks

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eshel

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: Liquesence

Sort of like lumping all Muslims in the same group as the Islamic extremists (terrorists) who pervert and use Islamic teachings to justify their own violent means?

You mean, like that?

No, I mean intolerance of those who hold different opinions than oneself, like I said.

But their "opinion" may be false !!!
Sorry, had to throw that in there lol

Back to topic folks

Make stuff up; that always seems to even things out for you.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

Lets say 2.2 billion Christians are in the world and the vast majority are just good people trying to make ends meet for their family. The problem is we have a few million of them that are not good and would kill you and oh 100 Americans in a heart beat. How do you deal with people like this latest guy that killed 50 & shot more than 500 in Las Vegas? He got the American dream and still wanted to kill all that he could...

I agree with you swapping Muslim for Christians, hell swap to girl scouts since as you pointed out any group can fit just nicely....well they would also need to want to kill in mass numbers too, so I don't think it is the girl scouts we need to be concerned with.

Do you think this guy in NY is just some random wacko like the LV killer is looking to be? I can understand mentally deranged, but I don't think that is what we are dealing with here.

I know you are Muslim, and that is find, but why do you and so many others want to suggest that the radical Muslim is not really a world problem as you suggest in your post that ANY group is the same....

We can point to extreme groups like the branch Davidians in Waco Texas that were on a mission of rapture and they got what they were looking for, but they were not in the 100,000s or millions....

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

are you comparing humans with objects like candy?

The logic just doesn't work unless you objectify humanity.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

I don't want terrorists living in our cities and towns.

No sane person does. There's no reason to allow any immigration from any muslim country period. There's no benefit for us and tons of problems.

Mr Trump, is that you?

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Do you think this guy in NY is just some random wacko like the LV killer is looking to be? I can understand mentally deranged, but I don't think that is what we are dealing with here.

I don't know enough about him to give a definitive answer. I've only seen what many others have seen, such as the reports of ISIS links to him. Though to be clear, I think that every person who voluntarily kills a bunch of strangers is mentally deranged, whether they claim to be a "soldier of God", a "soldier of fortune", or a "soldier of a nation's armed forces".

I know you are Muslim, and that is find, but why do you and so many others want to suggest that the radical Muslim is not really a world problem as you suggest in your post that ANY group is the same....

(sigh...) I've posted numerous times on this website that I blame the violent branches of Wahhabis for most of that "radical Muslim" extremism, as you put it. ISIS, Al Qaeda, Al Nusra Front, Al Shabaab, the Taliban, and Boko Haram are all Wahhabi-inspired groups. Wahhabis are a relatively new reform movement (started in the 1700s), they consider themselves a branch of Salafis, and they consider other Muslims to be tainted/impure, etc.

The vast majority of their victims are other Muslims in Muslim majority countries and they openly consider Muslims like myself to be both frauds and legit targets. Osama Bin Laden (himself a Wahhabi) even put out a fatwa long before 9/11 saying that Muslims in Western countries are legit targets. However, people on this forum don't give a crap about any of that and no one here complains when they blow up other mosques, kidnap/abduct Muslims, or do suicide bombings in Muslim communities.

So it's ridiculous to me that so many of you keep making these claims that I'm taking up for _____, defending _____, or making excuses for _____. The difference between myself and many of you is that I'm actually willing to distinguish individual criminals from the communities they come from. That's why I rephrased your post the way I did; to see if you'd realize the error in your way of thinking.
edit on 2-11-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Because you're too comfortable.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Yes, they were evil. OK?

They used Islam as their excuse. How does that make any other Muslim a danger, or someone to be watched?

This has a little something to say on the matter...

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join