It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Fellow Americans, Why Are We Such Suckers ?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

ISIS doesn't hold a monopoly on terrorism.

"ISIS" doesn't speak for why all who turn to terrorism, do.

There are multiple reasons, US action and policy being but one of several.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: Liquesence

You insult me with your last sentence. Why is it that rational discussions about tough issues always result in someone calling another racist? It is an old and worn out tactic.

I challenge you to show me anything in my history where I have shown racist tendencies. NEVER ....not once.

BTW, I do not believe the lie that we are creating the monsters. A cultish religion is creating the monster that mowed down those innocent people yesterday. Whether you face that fact or not is up to you.

I never called you a racist, I asked you a question.

That's your fault if you get offended by a question.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

You're too funny. Of course, by bringing up "black culture", you were insinuating that I must be racist. That's okay though. (It reminds me of a Geico commercial....that's what you do.)

Checkin' out! Last game of the World Series is on!

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

You're too funny. Of course, by bringing up "black culture", you were insinuating that I must be racist.

No, I wasn't, but depending on how you answered, though, silly.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
The op has come to the conclusion that we are such suckers and that we react. In that end the op has brought up about those of Islam in the process. And that we Americans are the biggest suckers on the planet.

Here is the response to that statement:
Most of the people in the USA are gullible because they choose to be. We see the problems, we know what is right and wrong, and yet because this or that person is different or does not meet our world view, they are automatically wrong and the enemy.

You blame those who are Islamic, yet fail to see that many of the terrorist that are striking out at the west are not coming from those countries, where they are made to be the bad guys, but those who are either our “friends” Or home grown. And those home grown, are doing such, as they are often attacked and frustrated, and feeling like the country that they call home is turning on them, making them feel unwelcome or threatened.

Think about it, you go to church, only to see a group of men standing out in front of it, armed with weapons, how would you feel? Would you feel safe or would you feel a bit intimidated? And what if they were demeaning your religion in the process? Or calling you names or just being insulting and screaming that you should go back to your country?

And all the while, being demonized by these fringe groups, yours is still being slandered and insulted, and those who are doing, and by the way claim to their rights and labeling others.

Trust is a 2 way street, yet many times when such could be built it is destroyed or damaged where now when it is most needed, it is not there but fear, loathing and contempt replaces on it.

Many of todays problems were founded long before many of us were born. We inherited the ground work, and then lived it. Much of what we are seeing in this day and age, could have been stopped when it was just a minor thing, but no one wanted to do such, and the solution for such, ultimately is going to be far more painful than anyone wants to. And thus as we ignore history, choosing to believe the lies we tell ourselves or what we are told, even exporting them to other parts of the world, it starts to get worse and worse, like a snowball rolling down a mountain starting an avalanche.

Those who were told about this choose not to act, spinning it to where it was more what they want and people who trusted them bought it. Now we have a mess that ultimately we will either clean up and perhaps leave it better for those that come after us, or we will choose to leave it the same way cause it is easier.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I can't wait until they have the concentration and population numbers to start demanding Sharia law. Then we can have some Sharia courts setup and away we go.

That would never happen would it? These immigrants will surely integrate and assimilate to our values won't they?

But but but, you have to wear that full head to toe covering, you can't infringe upon their freedoms.

One of the greatest shows on earth and it is just getting started here in the states. The clash of this corrupted ideology versus PC/SJWs. I wonder how these people will react to safe spaces? Hahahahahahahahahahaha.

I will have to order some more popcorn.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig
The op has come to the conclusion that we are such suckers and that we react. In that end the op has brought up about those of Islam in the process. And that we Americans are the biggest suckers on the planet.

Here is the response to that statement:
Most of the people in the USA are gullible because they choose to be. We see the problems, we know what is right and wrong, and yet because this or that person is different or does not meet our world view, they are automatically wrong and the enemy.

You blame those who are Islamic, yet fail to see that many of the terrorist that are striking out at the west are not coming from those countries, where they are made to be the bad guys, but those who are either our “friends” Or home grown. And those home grown, are doing such, as they are often attacked and frustrated, and feeling like the country that they call home is turning on them, making them feel unwelcome or threatened.

Think about it, you go to church, only to see a group of men standing out in front of it, armed with weapons, how would you feel? Would you feel safe or would you feel a bit intimidated? And what if they were demeaning your religion in the process? Or calling you names or just being insulting and screaming that you should go back to your country?

And all the while, being demonized by these fringe groups, yours is still being slandered and insulted, and those who are doing, and by the way claim to their rights and labeling others.

Trust is a 2 way street, yet many times when such could be built it is destroyed or damaged where now when it is most needed, it is not there but fear, loathing and contempt replaces on it.

Many of todays problems were founded long before many of us were born. We inherited the ground work, and then lived it. Much of what we are seeing in this day and age, could have been stopped when it was just a minor thing, but no one wanted to do such, and the solution for such, ultimately is going to be far more painful than anyone wants to. And thus as we ignore history, choosing to believe the lies we tell ourselves or what we are told, even exporting them to other parts of the world, it starts to get worse and worse, like a snowball rolling down a mountain starting an avalanche.

Those who were told about this choose not to act, spinning it to where it was more what they want and people who trusted them bought it. Now we have a mess that ultimately we will either clean up and perhaps leave it better for those that come after us, or we will choose to leave it the same way cause it is easier.

Mainly I don't think our Immigration system should have a Lotto.

I think we need a new system.

I think you read a little into my OP.

I realize these killers are few and from everywhere.

It's just the words "Immigration and Lotto"...

Don't belong in the same sentence.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

Western democracies, all of whom have suffered attacks of religious terrorism, are some of the most secular and welcoming places in the history of the earth. Try moving to theocratic societies. This hospitality, this freedom, is entirely a one way street.

The guy who blew up human beings, mostly young women, at the Manchester Arena this year, was born in the UK. His parents were refugees. Manchester, the community, welcomed them with open arms. Yet he kills fellow community members for every year that his community gave him.

Anyone who pretends And makes self-aggrandizing claims about how the attacks on western democracies are self-inflicted, is their fault, the result of their actions and their attitudes, is a masochist. Worse, it’s exactly what sadists want. If the homegrown terrorist is continually told that he lives in such a horrible, racist society that hates him, he’s going to run right into the arms of his extremist brothers, who will welcome him with open arms.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

If the homegrown terrorist is continually told that he lives in such a horrible, racist society that hates him, he’s going to run right into the arms of his extremist brothers, who will welcome him with open arms.

That is pretty much what I already said earlier.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

over reaction much? lol

personally, i'm way more worried about christians like Judge Amy Coney Barrett who was just appointed to the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals.

she's a member of a tightly knit Christian group called People of Praise, where men are referred to as “heads” and women are “handmaids”. they're taught that husbands are the heads of their wives and should exercise authority over the family.

doesn't that sound peachy?

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

Overreaction? Really?

www.express.co.uk...

May sparked controversy when she spoke out in support of the Islamic courts operating in the country, telling the nation they could "benefit a great deal" from Sharia teachings.

www.thesun.co.uk...

In Britain, Sharia law is mainly used for guidance on family law, finance and business.

beta.theglobeandmail.com...://www.theglobeandmail.com&

Sharia law in Canada? Yes. The province of Ontario has authorized the use of sharia law in civil arbitrations, if both parties consent. The arbitrations will deal with such matters as property, marriage, divorce, custody and inheritance.

I am glad I am just overreacting and these are factitious stories.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

While I can not explain much, I am looking at the USA in particular. And there is a growing trend that is both disturbing and shocking. The first problem of all and the one that plagues all of us, and has for years, is that we label each other time and time again. And we do it cause it is a means and way to justify hatred or even bad behavior towards each other. To view someone less than equal, makes it easy that way.

While we will not know what makes one radicalized to where they want to commit acts of terror, this is one of the ways that is showing up time and time again. And I have seen it first hand in the USA: Person or family comes to the new country, they are welcomed in and get all of the benefits of such. However, they are not open to their new homeland, or vice versa, their new homeland is not welcoming to them. Isolation, be it by society or self imposed, often has far more tragic consequences than any other. I am not saying that either is innocent, but at the same time. What can be said is that the man who did this, saw others as being less than himself, ignoring the fact that they were just like him, human.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

How do you explain the man and woman muslim extremists that shot up co-workers in San Bernadino then?

The shooter and his wife were more than welcomed. His co-workers cared about them so much that they even gave them a baby shower.

I don't think it is isolation or feeling unwelcome. It is something in the ideology that makes them vulnerable to sudden radicalization, imo.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere
Alot of our immigration policy comes from history. Take the refugee policy. It was done as a response to world war II. Before that when the Jewish people were trying to escape the USA had strict immigration policies in place, to the point where they were refusing any and all immigrants from Europe. It was not until after the discovery of the Holicaust and the horrors of such, that the policies changed, and it was out of shame, that the USA and other countries could have done something far more than it did.
A lot of the immigration laws and policies historically were designed around discrimination and quotas. And even now there are still quotas on how many immigrants that can come from one country or another. With heavy favoritism towards one group or another. Take the Cuban refugees, the policy is that any that manages to get one foot on US soil is given automatic refugee status and can not be deported.
And ultimately if you look at the entire immigration system, Lottery is an accurate word, as what is required for a person to be even considered and getting such is often like playing the lottery.

And many of the European countries policies came around after World War II.

I would agree there needs to be a new policy, but how do you make a policy that can be fair, unbiased and does not discriminate against various groups?

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Ignorance and fear.

But if we deny those who are of an Islamic faith, then why can we not ban say the KKK or start having comprehensive gun control in the USA? After all the majority of the shootings and terror acts in the USA were done by white male Christians.

It is because it is easier to blame other people and ignore the facts. It is hard to believe that our neighbor someone that we see and know could be far more dangerous than say a stranger from a far away land that we do not understand and fear.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I'm not a sucker, but my opinion seems not to matter to a pile of people on this subject. Remember, if that toxic M&M is radicalized, it can kill many more than one person. It can spread the toxin to other M&Ms in the package. M&Ms can't drive trucks or shoot people thank god.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Multiple killings in in the name of anything or anyone is something we can latch onto and scrutinize.

Random killers will always exist, but when there is a common unifying bond among killers, then society has to take extra steps to hone in on that bond and severe it.

You say most killings were done by white male Christians? Is that true? Post some stats please. Are you saying these killings were done in the name of Jesus? I think not.

But, nevertheless, when Christian men start mowing people down, shooting up nightclubs, massacring co-workers, etc. all in the name of Jesus, yelling "Praise Be To Jesus", then yes....we need to look at the doctrinal teachings that encourage such extremism. Teaching followers to hate and kill goes beyond protection of religion.

edit on 1-11-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

I don't want terrorists living in our cities and towns.

No sane person does. There's no reason to allow any immigration from any muslim country period. There's no benefit for us and tons of problems.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I'm not a sucker, but my opinion seems not to matter to a pile of people on this subject. Remember, if that toxic M&M is radicalized, it can kill many more than one person. It can spread the toxin to other M&Ms in the package. M&Ms can't drive trucks or shoot people thank god.

It might of been a worn out example.

But, these people hate our guts.

I hope it's just a few. It seems like more than a few.

It seems like just talking about it is racist.

We have to change something.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   
By the logic of the OP we better just start banning all future births period..once there are no more people it will be much safer.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join