It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Fellow Americans, Why Are We Such Suckers ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: queenofswords

Islam and the West do not mix well.

That I agree with. Maybe we should stop dropping bombs on them then.

Then maybe they should stop breeding fools and killers.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

a reply to: intrepid

Bigots hate the person. If you hate the ideology that drives a philosophy or particular religion, it is NOT bigotry. People are getting tired of being called names every time they speak out.

Truth does not care if one is tired of anything.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Then maybe they should stop breeding fools and killers.

Kinda hard to tell who you're talking about. The bombers or the bombees.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

That doesn't make a lick of sense.

People get tired. Truth keeps on keeping on.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

The bombees.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Bigots hate the person. If you hate the ideology that drives a philosophy or particular religion, it is NOT bigotry. People are getting tired of being called names every time they speak out.

Then why do you generally talk more about how bad "the Muslims" are in general than about the perversion and distortion of the Islamic religion by a minority who use it to justify violence?

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Not only that, but bigotry is intolerance towards those who hold different opinions from oneself, for example, being called names and ostracized because we wish to oppose Islamic totalitarianism.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

The bombees.

I know. Just pointing out the hypocrisy you are advocating.

ETA: It's all good as long as the gun is pointing in the other direction, right?
edit on 1-11-2017 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

but bigotry is intolerance towards those who hold different opinions from oneself

Sort of like lumping all Muslims in the same group as the Islamic extremists (terrorists) who pervert and use Islamic teachings to justify their own violent means?

You mean, like that?
edit on 1-11-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

I know you made up that "one in a million" threshold. But you're wrong when you claim we don't allow anything I mentioned to come into the country. Some of the biggest alcohol producers are based in foreign countries (Heineken, Anheuser-Busch, etc), and that doesn't even include obviously foreign alcohol imports like many brands of tequila, scotch, wine, etc. And something like 3 of the top 5 tobacco companies in the world are foreign based (British American Tobacco, Imperial Brands, Japan Tobacco). And here's an entire article that focuses on how foreign gun producers legally flood the US with their products (HERE).

So yes, we DO import massive numbers of things that kill Americans at far greater rates than your arbitrary 1 in a million threshold. ETA: And I didn't even mention the opiates and coc aine products that we import in massive numbers. Americans from various demographics have no problems importing and using them, even though drug overdoses and other drug-related incidences kill far more Americans than your one in a million threshold, too.

I don't think I've heard that one. I remember Aaliyah's "One in a Million" though.

edit on 1-11-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

That is a bumper sticker excuse that we hear all the time: Why lump all muslims into the same group. Here's why:

Maybe because these "peaceful" Islam worshippers were just everyday happy-go-lucky peaceful muslims the day before or the week before or the month before.

Then---BANG!---one day they shoot up a room full of fellow soldiers, mow down fellow citizens just riding bikes, or a room full of co-workers that had thrown a baby shower for them a few months earlier, and yell "Allahu Akbar" while doing it.

That's why they are lumped together. Nice and peaceful one day and a raving a$$ killing fanatic the next!!

edit on 1-11-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: thehoyimknow

Even though they've, in many cases, lived here the entirety of their lives? Even though they're law abiding, tax paying citizens?

Simply because they worship differently then you, you'd see them cast out? Wow. How very pogromish of you. Tell me, did they sour the milk, or stop the cows from making the milk? Cause diseases to break out, too? Oh, my god, burn the witches!!

Odd that you call the Koran a hateful book, and that Muslims are piranhas. Because that's the very behavior you've revealed in your posts...oops. Maybe we should cast you out, too?

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

How can we steal their oil if we don't drop bombs on them first? They're a feisty lot, eh?

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

a reply to: Liquesence

That is a bumper sticker excuse that we hear all the time: Why lump all muslims into the same group. Here's why:

Maybe because these "peaceful" Islam worshippers were just everyday happy-go-lucky peaceful muslims the day before or the week before or the month before.

Then---BANG!---one day they shoot up a room full of fellow soldiers, mow down fellow citizens just riding bikes, or a room full of co-workers that had thrown a baby shower for them a few months earlier, and yell "Allahu Akbar" while doing it.

That's why they are lumped together. Nice and peaceful one day and a raving a$$ killing fanatic the next!!

just like white men, am i right? such nice quiet guys one day, the next day they're shooting up a concert... or a clinc... or a women's gym... or a college campus... or a movie theater... or an elementary school... or....

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I'm sure the innocent ones burned at the stake in this witch hunt will agree.

I'm sure all the Jews cast out/murdered in various pogroms all over Europe and elsewhere would agree.

Are you people even listening to yourselves? My Muslim neighbors have earned the right to be judged on their own merits, not judged by a bunch of knee jerk idiots who want to burn down the f'n village in order to "save it".

To answer the analogy put forward by the OP. I'll take my chances. Something tells me I might be safer with the Muslims in the long run than some of you. Who becomes the next "enemy"?

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

That is a bumper sticker excuse

No it isn't. It's true, whether you are able to acknowledge it to yourself or not.

You can say the same thing about the people who commit violence in every group.

That's why they are lumped together.

Then you should do they same with every other person who commits any kind of violence since they are the minority of the group to which they belong, otherwise you're a hypocrite.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

You're over-reacting, hyperventilating, and closing your mind to what is actually being said.

It is people like you that prevent a closer scrutiny of what is causing someone who is a neighbor and peaceful for years to suddenly become a raving mad religious lunatic.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Yup. Little realizing that sooner or later, there is going to be another "enemy". The Jews? The educated? Asians? the Irish? First Nations/Native Americans?

Sacrifice the rights and privileges of a few in order to make safe the many...irregardless of whether or not those few have even done anything.

Does 1930's Germany ring any bells with anyone espousing this utter BS?

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Going by that logic, we should go after every American demographic. Going by the math, Americans are far more likely to be assaulted, robbed, raped, killed or arsoned by self proclaimed Christians than by self proclaimed Muslims. Luckily, our judicial system rejects collective punishment (Western countries literally added it to the Geneva Conventions as a war crime) and is based on the concept of "an individual is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law".

Wait wait wait, is "arsoned" a word? Oh well, it is now lol.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
MORE nationalistic, dog-whistle racist crap disguised as "concerned patriotism".

Color me shocked.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join