It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia organized 2 sides of a Texas protest and encouraged 'both sides to battle in the streets'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

originally posted by: DanteGaland
The GASLIGHTING in this thread is ... disturbing to say the least...

Google and Facebook have been cleaning up, identifying Russia based propaganda efforts. ATS should do the same. There’s no reason a site like this one wouldn’t attract those efforts.

It's all about clicks and views my friend.

The more clicks and views ATS gets, the longer the lights stay on. It's shame though that companies don't realize their advertisements are being wasted on troll/shill accounts.

I know it is... it's just a shame that ATS is basically a tool for disinformation. It's the opposite of denying ignorance, and it appears this fake news Russian propaganda has a very safe space for distribution on ATS.

edit on 2-11-2017 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

It IS SAD.

Moderate voices are PUSHED right...and left-leaning voices are PUSHED out.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu

The GASLIGHTING in this thread is ... disturbing to say the least...

Google and Facebook have been cleaning up, identifying Russia based propaganda efforts. ATS should do the same. There’s no reason a site like this one wouldn’t attract those efforts.

It's all about clicks and views my friend.

The more clicks and views ATS gets, the longer the lights stay on. It's shame though that companies don't realize their advertisements are being wasted on troll/shill accounts.

I know it is... it's just a shame that ATS is basically a tool for disinformation. It's the opposite of ignorance, and it appears this fake news Russian propaganda has a very safe space for distribution on ATS.

"It's the opposite of ignorance"
Hmm...
Wouldn't that be "denying ignorance" and isn't that the stated goal? You do realize just because you personally, in your partisan fueled frenzy, disagree with something, it doesn't mean it's "disinformation" or "propaganda," right? Considering we've now seen that the Russians also stoked the anti-Trump fires in America, it would seem a lot of the anti-Trump kindling is also propaganda, ya?

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I'd HARDLY say "a lot".

The evidence THUS FAR shows a considerable amount of pro-Trump propaganda out of St. Peterburg.

It CONTINUES as well:

Securing Democracy Dashboard

Funny. #maga is the number two hashtag being shared by KNOWN Russian troll/bot accounts.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I'd HARDLY say "a lot".

The evidence THUS FAR shows a considerable amount of pro-Trump propaganda out of St. Peterburg.

Yeah, it seems to be a tough pill for those ensconced in hatred and irrational fears to swallow.
www.startribune.com...

Despite national media reports of a Russian connection to the July Castile protest, local activists said Tuesday they didn't believe it was Russians promoting the demonstration.

www.theguardian.com...

As a revolutionary American activist I’d been on guard against domestic intelligence agencies, not foreign governments, and Russia exploited that posture.

www.slate.com...

According to the report, a campaign that appeared to come from the Black Lives Matter movement calling itself “Do Not Shoot Us” was actually puppeted by the Kremlin-backed Internet Research Agency, a known troll farm that has been behind scores of fake social-media accounts, Facebook groups, and campaigns that aimed at deepening political divides and manipulating voters in the run up to Election Day. The name “Don’t Shoot Us” is likely a play on the chant "Hands Up, Don't Shoot,” a hallmark of demonstrations against police violence after the shooting of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Mo. The fake campaign could have been an attempt to ratchet up racial tensions in the U.S. during an already intense election cycle.

mashable.com...

opular 'Blacktivist' social media accounts were reportedly run by a Russia-linked group - not American activists - according to CNN. They used these accounts to spread pro-racial diversity messaging like topics on #BlackLivesMatter and and to promote anti-police brutality events.

How long until we discover the Kremlin slipped Kaepernick a few grand to take a knee and start that horsecrap in the NFL? I mean seriously, I'd love to ask some of these angst riddle protesters how it feels to be a Russian tool... but it seems most of them are too tunnel visioned in their manufactured hatred and imaginary fear mongering to realize Putin has them by the handle and is using them to screw things in and out.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

$200? Dang, American government has been doing this same thing in many countries as well. As a taxpayer...without much a voice in these 'black OP and classified' programs....I am thinking if we are going to continue doing this same stuff...they can cut costs drastically!

Woohoo...let's lower are debts! It can be accomplished much cheaper.
but ironically true.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
I always want to know who I am standing shoulder to shoulder with.

You will never see me at a protest. For anything.

You will never see me at a political rally.

You never know who is pulling the strings or what their goals are.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

From when you made this post ? ...three and a half months!
Blactivist is mentioned in the indictment of thirteen Russian nationals for meddling in the U.S. elections. Page 14.
A group created to increase racial tensions and convince African Americans that they should not vote or vote for Jill Stein.
I'm searching for these organizations listed in the indictment so I can see how much Russian crap was posted on ATS.
edit on 2212018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join